Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Richard Robinson
Profession: Student (Though I'm on the market for a full-time job)
Favorite Hobby: Gaming and Costuming, Spending time with the Girlfriend (Tough choice)
Favorite part of Halo: The backstory and setting, I'm a sucker for fleshed out "universes" as they call it. Also, I love the soundtracks.
Favorite Halo: Reach (Felt more in touch with the characters that time around)
Favorite Video Game: No way that I can pick just one, but the Elder Scroll series comes to mind.
Other Interests: Tinkering with electronics/mechanisms (usually mentally); puzzles (all sorts)
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters
Favorite Movie(s): Enemy at the Gates, Tangled, Sherlock Holmes
Other: I won the first costume competition that I ever entered with the first armor costume that I ever created (Warhammer 40K). :cool
That says something about my natural aptitude or the local standard for costumes. (I'm 95% sure it's the latter. XD)

Hoping to start my second costume (Noble 6) this Christmas and looking forward to getting to know the regulars better. Been lurking for some time now and finally decided to join in. :$

Name: Tony
Profession: Drafting/Design Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Video Games (Fallout 3/WoW/Assassin's Creed)
Favorite part of halo: The Sergeant
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Fallout 3
Other Interests: Music/Video Editing/Sound Mixing
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Finisher: Chambord ;)
Favorite Band: Chevelle/Mindless Self Indulgence
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back/Inception

Hey guys. I'm stoked to have found such a great community to join to I can have a great first experience in building my first set of armor. While Halo is certainly my first ideal project, the idea sparked from seeing some of the amazing costume at Blizzcon. I knew I had to get in on the fun and really see what I can get my creativity to produce. Thanks all!

Name: Jonathon Darty
Profession: I'm a MP national guardsmen
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, arts and crafts, and painting
Favorite part of halo: the versatile armament you get
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: elder scrolls skyrim
Other Interests: gun ranges, hanging with my bro, and being a good uncle
Favorite Food: sweet crust pizza. my spicality
Favorite Finisher: skyrim dragon slaying
Favorite Band: this would have to be Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Thor, three musket teers, iron man, green lantern, and captin amarica
anything else im an open book and i get along with others easy so if i forget something just ask

Name: Tom
Profession: Photographer
Favorite hobby: Nothing to pinpoint as I love to just do what I enjoy at the time. Being practical I guess.
Favourite part of Halo: I suppose I am an old school halo player. I have 1 and 2 in tins/metal cases. After that I lost contact with the halo games. Until now! Will get back to you on my fav as I have a special edition gears of war 3 xbox next to me that I get to open in 2 days (xmas gift from my wife) so will be doing the halo thing all over again :)
Favourite Video Game: That is a huge answer to commit to. I remember pong on a vic20 so seen games grow from pixels. So I will go for the ones that hit hard, "Final Fantasy VII" For the awesome story and size of the game at the time. I love my Horror films so for that genre I will go for "Silent Hill" the first, it was the most terrifying thing ever and I don't scare. For shooters I would say "Americas Army" in its prime. There wasn't a shooter anywhere near as good as that, period!! That was THE game for team work, that and I ruled at it. Got kicked all the time for cheating and NEVER have at any games :)
Favourite Food: My home made jalapeño pizzas.
My Favourite Band/s: Foo Fighters. Kings of Leon (their old stuff)
Favourite Movie: I have over a thousand movies in my collection so that is too hard to answer.

Some of you may have seen I started a full on Iron Man MKVI suit but stopped because not too hard but too time consuming. So I have started a WH40K Terminator foam build. If you are looking at doing a foam build of any kind then I hope my thread will lend to helping people that are new to them or give extra tips to those that are already doing so. Either way I look to run threads that are informative and teach what I can in one way or another. Link to the BEST foam build I have seen http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/32602-Gears-of-War-3-Baird-Foam-Full-Suit(scratch-built).-Will-be-ready-for-release-night

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Drew
Profession: High school student (Real exciting)
Favorite Hobby: Fencing
Favorite Part of Halo: The mission Lone Wolf in Reach.
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: There is no such thing!
Other Interests: Exotic cars, German, almost-anything military
Favorite Food: Tiramisu
Favorite Finisher: Me taking the fighting game out of the 360
Favorite Band: Toss up between Five Finger Death Punch and Rammstein
Favorite Movie(s): Red October, Black Hawk Down, Tron, Equilibrium
Other: I have a crude sense of humor.

Name: Zack
Favorite Hobby: Spending time with my wife and paintballing
Favorite part of Halo: I love the irony in Halo 3 when chief finally fires halo.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3. Just gave me a good feeling of completeness in for the storyline.
Favorite Video Game: I love halo for its universe and depth of story, but I'm a huge fan of the battlefield games. Like others, thats a pretty hard question.
Other Interests: I play ice hockey and have been working on getting my bagpiping skills up to par.
Favorite Food: Pizza. Never ceases to hit the spot.
Favorite Band: Lately I've been into some calm stuff, like Guster. Depends on the season.
Favorite Movie(s):In high school I was a huge biodome fan, which tells you a bit about my sense of humor, but nowadays I'd have to say its either the bourne series or mission impossible the ghost protocol. That's always a toss up too. I like most movies I watch quite a bit.
Other: I'm a red blooded American and I'm proud of my country. I believe in justice and our justice system and have respect for the men and women who serve in our armed forces and those who are out on the streets protecting us each day. I'm also a mormon. I spent 2 years of my life trying to tell every single person in sight about my church and I'd be happy to share with anyone who has questions. I believe that living a moral and virtuous life that is true to yourself and your loved ones is the only way to true happiness.

Lastly, I'm really humbled by the skills of many who are on here and I'm excited to join your ranks.

Name: Erin
Profession: I'm a Scenic painter, and back stage technician.
Favorite Hobby: sketching things out before making them more complete i guess, its more free.
Favorite part of halo: that last level of halo reach. Gets me every time.
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: The elder Scrolls Oblivion
Other Interests: Music, my car, reading, the odd construction project.
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Finisher: Not sure.
Favorite Band: Within Temptation
Favorite Movie(s): Beauty and the beast. (I'm a child at heart.)

Name: Chris Johnson
Profession: Devoted full time to college studies
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: The story, followed closely by killing the Covenant
Favorite Halo: Halo 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Call of Duty
Other Interests: Good Movies, Nature, Computer, Making friends, Joking around
Favorite Food: Any pasta but I'll say Lasagna or Spaghetti
Favorite Finisher: A fist to the face or a bullet to the head!
Favorite Band: I have many favorites such as Audioslave, Seether, Five Finger Death Punch and Avenged Sevenfold
Favorite Movies: Transformers, Inception, The Proposal, Wedding Crashers, most superhero movies, Shooter
Other: Don't do drugs!!!

name:Shawn
hobby:videogames and football
favorite halo: ODST
Favorite videogame:Halo
Food:The kind you eat
Favorite finisher:Assassination

I'm pretty sure within the 491 pages I have posted here before but have never really been active on the forums until as of late, but:

Name: Gilmore
Profession: US Army Infantryman
Favorite Hobby: Making Costumes (going on 12 years, since Star Wars Epi 1 came out)
Favorite part of halo: Contact Harvest Novel - CPT Ponder calling in Indirect while staring a brute in the face, letting it rain in on them both...
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2/Gears of War 2/Modern Warfare
Other Interests: Making Props/Costumes, Playing Music
Favorite Band: Bullet for My Valentine/Trivium/Boston/Deep Purple (probably way to old for you kids)
Favorite Movie(s): Too Many, but the current never gets old flick, Ghostbusters

So to the point, I recently acquired a few armor sets from some of the talented members who post here among the other major costume/prop sites I frequent (RPF, TDH) and finally took the dive into Master Chief thanks to the talented Thorssoli.

Also get to post here because my girlfriend doesn't post here, as well as I purchased her an ODST kit from Mr. Bradley. Unfortunately I am in Afghanistan right now, but hopefully might be heading home for early demobilization here in a couple weeks, if not, here till March, but regardless looking forward to starting my MC, ODST, and Marine Armor as well...

Name: Chris.
Profession: I'm a mechanic for the Air Force.
Favorite Hobby: Fixing and building things.
Favorite part of halo: I like the epic struggle. A battle for survival Against a clear enemy.
Favorite Halo: Reach, I like the armor customization and the fact that there are other spartans.
Favorite Video Game: Hmm, Halo Reach or Battlefield 2.
Other Interests: I'm a huge Milsim player, paintball or airsoft. And I'm mid way through restoring a 1979 Suzuki cruiser.
Favorite Food: Chicken Parm sub
Favorite Movie(s): Brazil
Other: I have been making props for about 6 years now but just recently branched into Halo

Name: Adam
Profession: Student
Favorite Hobby: Video games, friends, school, swimming.
Favorite part of halo: Checkpoint Omega, I teared up bro.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Battlefield 3
Other Interests: BOOKS! Getting a car. Finishing my school, getting a good OP
Favorite Food: Hamburger
Favorite Finisher: Airdrop.
Favorite Band: Justice
Favorite Movie(s): Idiocracy (Because its true)

Name: Kaitlyn
Profession: I make and design alternative clothing like gothic, steampunk or lolita for a living
Favorite Hobby:Making clothing or costumes
Favorite part of halo: playing with friends
Favorite Video Game: Morrowmind, Portal
Other Interests: I like to sculpt and do artistic stuff
Favorite Food: veggie tempura or good pasta
Favorite Band: ....LG
Favorite Movie(s): fifth element, Megamind
Other: I like to move it move it!! Move it!!!

Joining with my dear buddy Tamaki above, as we sit at her kitchen table and plan how to spend all our free time in the next 18 months.

Name: Brittany
Profession: I work at specialty dental clinic for children
Favorite Hobby: Reading, drawing, teasing my dog, swimming
Favorite part of Halo: I love me some Assault!
Favorite Halo: Reach, though I've a soft spot for the Master Chief. <3
Favorite Video Game: Morrowind, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Twilight Princess, and Skyrim's bashing it's way onto the list with a passion.
Other Interests: You<3
Favorite Food: Does coffee count?
Favorite Band: Muse, Senses Fail
Favorite Movie(s): Dragonheart, The Lion King, LotR, How to Train Your Dragon, Tommy Boy
Other: I don't even know. I'm super friendly. And nice to a fault. And have a Minnesotan accent. And I love Red vs. Blue and all the other RoosterTeeth joys. And at the risk of ostracization, MLP.

Name: Nicholas (but prefer Nick)
Profession: i'm basically unemployed, but i do write novels in spare time; haven't been published yet :(
Favorite Hobby: toss up between cooking, gaming, and art
Favorite Part of Halo: the halo community obviously!! but in game, the Reach campaign (even though it was depressing)
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: right now its Skyrim and Battlefield 3
Favorite Food: chinese food, definitely. Gen. Tso's chicken the spicier the better
Favorite Movie: i'm a moviephile, so i like a lot. my all time favorite is probably Dances with Wolves
Favorite Band/Artist: i actually like Michael Buble, cause he sings all the classics by Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, etc.
Favorite Finisher: Assassins Creed Revelations Zipline Assassination
Where I'm From: i'm a midwesterner living in Dayton, Ohio
Other Interests: well i like RvB (still need to check out season 9) and maybe getting into acting
that's it! glad to be here and hope to learn much from the veteran members

Name: William (Billy)
Profession: I work part time in security right now trying to go back to school soon
Favorite Hobby: Paintball!! I'm currently trying to modify a RAP4 marker into the Battle Rifle introduced in HALO 2
Favorite Part of Halo: multiplayer
Favorite Halo: HALO 2
Favorite Video Game: HALO and COD
Favorite Food: Chinese take-out
Favorite Movie: The Losers
Favorite Band/Artist: Toby Keith and Alan Jackson
Favorite Finisher: Scorpions finishing move from MORTAL KOMBAT
Where I'm From: I've lived in alot of different places but right now i reside in my home state of Georgia
Other Interests: pretty much anything I like to have fun
and yeah thats me in a nutshell

Name: JustinG
Profession: school right now probably enginer vualintier
Favorite Hobby:video games, editing, creating, and sports
Favorite part of Halo: when Master Chief and The Arbiter kill the Prophet
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo and COD
Other Interests: Hockey
Favorite Food: everything except chinese but i like japanese
Favorite Finisher: when Raiden blows somebody up :)
Other: TeeHee

Name: Joe
Profession: Currently in college, aspiring to be an Author
Favourite Hobby: Probably just taking it easy. I enjoy watching films, reading manga, studying weapons and warfare of the middle ages
Favorite part of Halo: The storyline and the online play
Favorite Vidoe Games: Minecraft, Fallout, Halo
Other Interests: Creating things :D
Favorite Food: Anything but Bananas, insects, most dried fruit (I love dried Mango), or yogurt with bit of fruit in it
Favorite Movies: The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Favorite Band: Hammerfall at the moment, I am quite partial to rock music
Favorite Finisher: Probably the decapitations in Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Where I'm From: Long story short, born in Ireland live in England.
Other Interests: I think i've covered everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back