Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Blake
Profession: none at the moment
Favorite hobby: collecting war antiques,weapons, and Star Wars and Halo props
Favorite part of Halo: destroying people with the scorpion and asserting my dominance with it
Favorite Halo quote: “tank beats everything”
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite video game: Halo Reach
Favorite food: pizza and baked potatoes
Favorite band: Guns & Roses
Random facts: name means pale as a vampire
Welcome to the 405th trooper

Name: Blake
Profession: none at the moment
Favorite hobby: collecting war antiques,weapons, and Star Wars and Halo props
Favorite part of Halo: destroying people with the scorpion and asserting my dominance with it
Favorite Halo quote: “tank beats everything”
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite video game: Halo Reach
Favorite food: pizza and baked potatoes
Favorite band: Guns & Roses
Random facts: name means pale as a vampire
Now the party is getting lit!

Name: Kevin
Profession: I work on, test, and troubleshoot trains being overhauled or newly built.
Favorite Hobby: Lately it has been Golf and cars, but it is summer at the time of this post, so that will change during winter to gaming and streaming
Favorite part of halo: Honestly the music will always give me goose bumps. Ever since I heard it when I first turned on my Xbox when the game came out.
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: That is such a tough question. Still has to be the Halo series
Other Interests: Golf, car events/motorsports, pc building, twitch streaming
Favorite Food: Steak!
Favorite Band: Currently Greta Van Fleet
Favorite Movie(s): Saving Private Ryan, MCU series, Fight Club,
Other: I don't know why it took me so long to join.
That’s a really neat job definitely something I’ve thought about doing and I completely agree that it’s a tuff question for favorite video game

Name: Steven Todd Meenaghan II
Profession: US Military Senior NCO with 12 years in
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Warhammer 40k
Favorite part of halo: Learning about new Spartans other than Chief (i love chief) but I Love new Characters.
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Monster Hunter World, Borderlands, Apex Legends and Titan Fall.
Other Interests: Airsoft, Huge Movie buff, addicted to Sci-fi and Anime
Favorite Food: pizza and pizza bites
Favorite Finisher: Cryrax and his Acid net fatalities
Favorite Band: Dire Straight, Blink 182, Tool, Five Finger Death Punch, Chevelle
Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park, Tron, Avatar, Terminator, Pacific Rim 1&2, Godzilla
Other: I love my life and want to learn armor building
Thank you for your service

Name: Joseph
Profession: Currently working fast food but I'm going to school to be a cop
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and crafting cosplay
Favorite part of halo: The Story line gets me into it and gives me the rush as if i am Master Chief
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Games: Halo, Kingdom Hearts and warframe
Other Interests: I enjoy drawing as well as a bit of computer programming every once in a while. I also practice various types of sword fighting.
Favorite Food: A good Steak
Favorite Band: Disturbed

Name: Brandon
Profession: Customer Service with the Chicago Transit Authority currently
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite Part of Halo: The vast story and lore aspects. The community.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 Overall, ODST for soundtrack
Favorite Halo Quote: "Well like the good book says, payback's a BLAM!"
Favorite Video Games: Halo, Call of Duty, Fallout, Destiny
Other Interests: Cosplay, PC Hardware, History, Transformers, Godzilla
Favorite Food: A simple burger
Favorite Band: CCR
Favorite Movie: The 1986 Transformers movie
Other: Did my first build, a Sean Bradley kit, for Outpost Discovery Chicago. Looking forward to adding and expanding it as well as doing more eventually.

Name: Brandon
Profession: Customer Service with the Chicago Transit Authority currently
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite Part of Halo: The vast story and lore aspects. The community.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 Overall, ODST for soundtrack
Favorite Halo Quote: "Well like the good book says, payback's a BLAM!"
Favorite Video Games: Halo, Call of Duty, Fallout, Destiny
Other Interests: Cosplay, PC Hardware, History, Transformers, Godzilla
Favorite Food: A simple burger
Favorite Band: CCR
Favorite Movie: The 1986 Transformers movie
Other: Did my first build, a Sean Bradley kit, for Outpost Discovery Chicago. Looking forward to adding and expanding it as well as doing more eventually.
I remember you walking across the stage saying "I'm the other ODST Buck", it was hilarious. So glad you decided to join us and create an account, welcome to the 405th!

Name: Tom
Profession: Grain operations manager
Favorite Hobby: Coaching youth sports
Favorite Part of Halo: you can play Solo, CO-OP, 5v5, 10v10 or any way you want and get taht escape from your day.
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Halo Quote: "Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a little." - Master Chief
Favorite Video Games: Madden, Halo, Hitman, Xcom
Other Interests: Cosplay, Halloween, Football.
Favorite Food: swordfish and crab legs
Favorite Band: Aerosmith
Favorite Movie: Van Wilder
Other: My son just turned 13 and I am more looking to help him build an ODST or Spartan suit. We got inspired by the amazing work at Halo Outpost Chicago after talking to many of the cosplayers at the event we are going to give it a try. He is a much larger halo fan then I am.

Other: My son just turned 13 and I am more looking to help him build an ODST or Spartan suit. We got inspired by the amazing work at Halo Outpost Chicago after talking to many of the cosplayers at the event we are going to give it a try. He is a much larger halo fan then I am.
I believe I remember talking to you guys at the booth, so excited to see you joined up! Looking forward to seeing what you guys accomplish

I believe I remember talking to you guys at the booth, so excited to see you joined up! Looking forward to seeing what you guys accomplish
He was hooked. Said the Cosplayers were his favorite part of the whole experience. I figure I will put in the research time and we can make the build together for him. I love crafting and he is the idea man.

Name: Chris Smith
Profession: Computer programmer and manager
Favorite Hobby: Sportbiking
Favorite part of halo: The community that it has created.
Other Interests: Hockey, lacrosse, scuba diving, music, skiing, snowmobiling, and others

Name: Chris Smith
Profession: Computer programmer and manager
Favorite Hobby: Sportbiking
Favorite part of halo: The community that it has created.
Other Interests: Hockey, lacrosse, scuba diving, music, skiing, snowmobiling, and others
Hey I remember you from Outpost, your armor looked great! So glad you made your first post!

Thanks! I'm going to be working on seeing if I can replicate the same finish using foam. I learned on Saturday that my current armor isn't very practical for long-term wear.
You should checkout the build thread of ExCeLLuR8 if you want to do a foam Mk VI, it may be the best one out there.

Hi everyone! I just finished out 3 days at Halo Outpost in Chicago and really loved seeing everyone’s cosplays! I’d really love to get into it myself and figured the 405th would be the best place to start!

Name: Johnathan
Profession: Whole Foods Bakery
Favorite Hobby: video games, concerts
Favorite part of halo: The memories I’ve made playing with friends. Lost a buddy to suicide 11 years ago and Halo reminds me of all the happy times with him. (Sorry to make a sad post, but don’t worry! Halo kept me positive about it all!)
Favorite Halo: oof, this one is tough for me. It’s between 2 and Reach
Favorite Video Game: Aside from the Halo series, I’d have to say, gears of war
Other Interests: Music! I can’t go more than ten minutes without listening to something. I mainly listen to metal, but I love just about everything. Retro/synth wave is my jam. Check out a group called, Gunship and also, Scandroid
Favorite Food: Sushi for sure
Favorite Finisher: Curbstomp from Gears of War. So visceral and satisfying
Favorite Band: This one is hard to answer as it changes depending on my mood. Ol’ reliable is Slipknot
Favorite Movie(s): Bladerunner, Empire Strikes Back, Interstellar, all the Marvel movies lol

So there are the basics! Can’t wait to dive in and eventually (hopefully) make my own armors!

Name: Shaun
Profession: Retail/Student, studying for Networking/Cyber Security Major
Favorite Hobby: Gaming/Kayaking
Favorite part of halo: Lore and the community
Favorite Halo: ODST for its atmosphere, love behind enemy lines feel
Favorite Video Game: Halo, but otherwise Elite Dangerous
Other Interests: Server Building, Kayaking/Camping, Hockey, and Space as its just amazing what's out there
Other: Got to meet some of the 405th community at Chicago Outpost Discovery and had a blast talking to them! Loved seeing everyone's armor and the set pieces in the 405th area!

Name: Steve
Profession: Currently as a stocker at a grocery store, but also working on my own video games with friends as the lead programmer of our soon-to-be company
Favorite Hobby: Video games of course!
Favorite part of halo: The Story, as well as the big weapons
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: I got a top 3; Overwatch, Minecraft, Skyrim
Other Interests: Blacksmithing is fun
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Band: Deadmau5, Daft Punk and RHCP
Favorite Movie(s): How to Train Your Dragon movies
Other: Went to the Chicago Outpost Discovery, first time going to a convention, and met some of the 405th people there. Even let me wear one of their helmets!

Name: Liam
Profession: I am a producer and key grip of movies.
Favorite Hobby: Video games. Xbox player but just a happy gamer
Favorite part of halo: The Arbiter, Keith David's voice is immense!
Favorite Halo: Reach (sorry)
Favorite Video Game: Morrowind or Skyrim or Oblivion... okay so Elder Scrolls
Other Interests: I run haunted houses
Favorite Food: Burrito
Favorite Band: Tenacious D
Favorite Movie(s): Big Trouble in Little China
Other: I've recently got into cosplaying, total amatuer but love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back