Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome and I like this bio. Especially any that the boy and husband are playing. If you need any assistance, be sure to just ask. We are all helpful here.
And for 39 (for a few months anyway) EirinnOCD, that ain't old.......and I think you're lying about something......Gardening? The most normal thing on you bio list can't be true.

Other: Facebook, twitter and Instagram as Obsessive Costume Design

Oh hey, I know you!
20200216_163833.jpg
Welcome! :)

Other Interests: Tacos, teaching people how to make stuff, hanging with other nerd types that drag my ass to new groups.

We can always use more people that love to teach how to make stuff!

Name: Mat
Profession: Graphic Designer
Interests: Video games, movies, music, hockey.
Favorite part of Halo: The lore (although I'm not all that well-versed in it outside of the games and a book or two)
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Hard to choose. Metroid, Zelda, Metal Gear, Halo are in the top 5.

I'm relatively new to cosplay. I've been interested in it for quite a while, but only had my first opportunity to try it myself a few years ago. I've dipped my toes in foam crafting this past year for a con in April by making a couple prop firearms, and they've turned out quite well, so now I'd like to challenge myself with a suit of armour. I figured an ODST would be a pretty decent first attempt at armour, seeing as there's plenty of resources and templates out there for it already, and it doesn't look overly complicated. I'm aiming to have it completed for the same con next year so I've begun my initial planning and research for it now.

I was initially planning go as The Rookie specifically, but after browsing around here and seeing other people's builds, I've decided it would be a lot more fun to get creative and put my own twist on it to really make it my own unique set of armour. I've decided to model it after the Halo 3/ODST armour set. The Heroes Workshop build caught my eye, and I've noticed they have the template available for purchase on their website, along with some other useful resources, so I think that's where I'll begin. I'm sure I'll have many questions in the coming months as I start my build, and I'm looking forward to joining the community and picking your brains!

Name: Joshua Rike
Profession: Right now MN National Guard, need a real job soon after Highschool graduation to financial support myself.
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of halo: The Halo Reach mission Nightfall.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: History has always been my passion while running and playing tennis are also fun. I enjoy reading various books as well, the military also has been a huge part of my life another reason I love Halo.
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Finisher: Halo Reach Assassinations
Favorite Band: Sabaton
Favorite Movie(s): Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor, Saving Private Ryan
Other: I'm also a Member of the Mandalorian Mercs which is my first Costume I've started. I'm almost done with it but after joining that club I wondered if there was some form of Halo equivalent. Low and behold the 405th exist so I decided I wanted to embark on this journey as well.

Name: Jacob Bycroft
Profession: police officer.
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of halo: I massively enjoyed ODST. There was something special about playing a regular guy with good training. The story was compelling and enjoyable.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3 ODST
Other Interests: airsoft, I play bass and I’m a big PC gamer
Favorite Food: Ramen
Favorite Finisher: Halo Reach Assassinations
Favorite Band: Starset
Favorite Movie(s): District 9, 13 hours
Other: I’m based in the UK, so would love to meet other halo cosplay enthusiasts in my country.

Name: Nick
Profession: Telecoms Engineer
Favorite Hobby: PC Gaming, 3D Printing, LARP
Favorite part of halo: The story was great, too few good stories in games these days
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: It changes, currently I'm pouring hours into Stellaris
Other Interests: I recently got into D&D and I wish I'd done it years ago
Favorite Food: Spaghetti Bolognese

Stole the little bio thing from the first post. I recently got into 3D printing and I stumbled across this community while looking for sci fi armour files to print for my sci fi LARP based in the UK. So instead of making some gear for my larp gear decided to print some ODST armour for no other reason than I can!

Name: Shane
Profession: CDL Operator
Favorite Hobbies: Digital Art, Gaming, Cosplay, Writing, etc
Favorite part of Halo: Military paraphernalia design honestly. From armor to weapons to vehicles-it's all really intriguing.
Favorite Halo Game: Halo 3: ODST, closely tied with H2A
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect Trilogy probably.
Other Interests: Asking this question to a nerd is opening a can of worms. I have no idea where to start. lol
Favorite Food: Any type of flavored and seasoned meat honestly, I'm not picky.
Favorite Bands: Starset- they are honestly just on a whole 'nother level..., Glitch Mob definitely.
Favorite Movie(s): :| this is one of the toughest questions to answer. I can never narrow it down. I guess I'd have to with Empire Strikes Back.

Well, hey folks. I'm a cosplayer, digital artist, and all around nerd. I'm definitely not new to cosplaying- I've been with the Star Wars groups for 7 years now. I've done a few costumes from different fandoms like Mass Effect but Star Wars keeps seeming to pull me back in haha. Finally picking back up on my goal to make a Halo kit- going for an ODST of course. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to online communities but I'll try my best to be active here as I post progress of my build and try to learn from others who have done similar kits!

Name: Shane
Profession: CDL Operator
Favorite Hobbies: Digital Art, Gaming, Cosplay, Writing, etc
Favorite part of Halo: Military paraphernalia design honestly. From armor to weapons to vehicles-it's all really intriguing.
Favorite Halo Game: Halo 3: ODST, closely tied with H2A
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect Trilogy probably.
Other Interests: Asking this question to a nerd is opening a can of worms. I have no idea where to start. lol
Favorite Food: Any type of flavored and seasoned meat honestly, I'm not picky.
Favorite Bands: Starset- they are honestly just on a whole 'nother level..., Glitch Mob definitely.
Favorite Movie(s): :| this is one of the toughest questions to answer. I can never narrow it down. I guess I'd have to with Empire Strikes Back.

Well, hey folks. I'm a cosplayer, digital artist, and all around nerd. I'm definitely not new to cosplaying- I've been with the Star Wars groups for 7 years now. I've done a few costumes from different fandoms like Mass Effect but Star Wars keeps seeming to pull me back in haha. Finally picking back up on my goal to make a Halo kit- going for an ODST of course. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to online communities but I'll try my best to be active here as I post progress of my build and try to learn from others who have done similar kits!
A nerd you say? You'll definitely fit in here! :p welcome to the 405th!

Name: Hjalmar Berggren
Profession: atm unemployed, but works extra at a tire shop and
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, car audio, cars
Favorite part of Halo: Blast them aliens :D
Favorite Halo: Halo: Combat 3
Favorite Video Game: "The Legend of Zelda" series or Mario 64
Other Interests: music (rock, mashup), computers
Favorite Food: I'd have to say probably lasagna

Name: Robin
Profession: Soon to be working at FedEx to save for me and my partner to move to Seattle
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Listening to Music
Favorite part of halo: Wandering Mombasa Streets alone in my room on a rainy night and all the fun on Halo: Reach Forge
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Halo and WoW (Huge escapes for me during a rough period)
Other Interests: Art as a hobby and whatever dumb science stuff that peaks my interest that week
Favorite Food: Probably Chicken Parm
Favorite Finisher: Mortal Combat (what ever Sub Zero does...)
Favorite Band: AJR, Cavetown, Siamés, and Jack Stauber are all kind of tied here. But I'm willing to listen to most things.
Favorite Movie(s): 5 Centimeters Per Second, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, most other Ghibli films.
Other: Trans and Proud

Really looking forward to getting more into this community. First build I really want to do is build my own ODST sets for me and my significant other. if anyone can give me some good resources on what materials I should use and where I could get them along with the process I'd be endlessly grateful. I do have the ability to 3D print parts for anything from molds to actual just 3d printed pieces (Ender 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back