Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Fireteam Intrepid?

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Spitfire team?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CommanderPalmer thank you for the suggestion. That definetly would work if it was just a warping issue. The problem is when I modeled it I had removed the visor from the model right from the start. Then I had smoothed and edited the helmet and visor separate. So with the smoothing and editing it slightly changed the shape of the visor. So I have to trim it- not a real big deal. I haven't even made my vacuum forming box yet anyway. So I have some time to play with it.

Thanks PaiganBoi. Ya my foam skills aren't great. Just enough to pull off the techsuit bits. I didn't really have the money for a 3d printer either. I got lucky and got it in a trade. 3d printing curve was much steeper then anticipated. But I'd like to think I'm getting the hang of things. Now the whole modeling aspect- that's a whole 'nother story.

Alright a few posts back I had mentioned I was nervous I may have printed the Warmaster too small? Actually turned out to be a hair on the bigger side especially as my kids are toothpicks as well PaiganBoi. Which I don't mind so much little big is usable, little small not so much. Anyway I know I've been critiquing people's scaling a lot lately. So now everyone's turn to roast me haha. What do you guys and gals think? mblackwell1002 approve the scowl??
IMG_0473.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0474.JPG

The scaling looks great. It should fit quite nicely with the visor inserted. I don't know about you, but I don't see a scowl....:mad:

I told him to scowl and that's what he came up with lol might be a little there. Guess we need to work on it

Last edited:
I agree with PaiganBoi, looking at your stuff definitely makes you want a 3d printer.
The sanding has made a huge difference to the teishin!

Could you elaborate on the spoon please? Is it something that is only for 3d printed armour, or would it work on eva?
IMG_0482.JPG

Tool of choice

spoon
spo͞on/ noun
  1. 1.
    an implement consisting of a small, shallow oval or round bowl on a long handle, used for eating, stirring, and serving food.
  2. 2.
    an implement used to achieve dramatic chipping effects on freshly painted Halo armor. :D

Sorry that was a wise ass comment. In all seriousness this method will not work for foam. Ive tried similar methods on foam and it just rips. So it has to be hard material in order for this to work. With foam your stuck with the toothpaste/mustard/vaseline method to achieve chipping effects. I will try and do a mini tutorial when I paint the Warmaster helmet if anyone is interested?

View attachment 248397
Tool of choice

spoon
spo͞on/ noun
  1. 1.
    an implement consisting of a small, shallow oval or round bowl on a long handle, used for eating, stirring, and serving food.
  2. 2.
    an implement used to achieve dramatic chipping effects on freshly painted Halo armor. :D

Sorry that was a wise ass comment. In all seriousness this method will not work for foam. Ive tried similar methods on foam and it just rips. So it has to be hard material in order for this to work. With foam your stuck with the toothpaste/mustard/vaseline method to achieve chipping effects. I will try and do a mini tutorial when I paint the Warmaster helmet if anyone is interested?
Hahaha! I deserved that.

I'll make sure to be more precise with my questions in future lol.

Cheers for the hint on not trying it with foam though.

A spoon for weathering huh? noted. The builds are coming along excellently!

Alright so it's been a while...... have some big life changes going on at the moment. I'm still slowly picking away at things. I did manage to at least finish off one helmet..... this ones first because I was able to repurpose a visor from another helmet.
IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

Hopefully I can find a little more time to devote to building in the near future and finish these build before they no longer fit the kids !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back