Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Fireteam Intrepid?

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Spitfire team?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PaiganBoi :) I'm happy with the way it turned out. So I realized I had a little more to show then just the helmet. So here's part 2 of my update i suppose. Still a long way to go

IMG_0491.JPG

One more piece down. Only um like 20?? to go, ugh:notworthy:. Chest is complete, next I’ll be finishing off one of the undersuit/ cod pieces and then hopefully the Warmaster helmet. Then maybe a total progress/ test fit pic.

219A1C67-1563-4341-8E7C-DFCEC10BD8D6.jpeg

A4AD55DF-863F-48CF-A35F-FDA47E4CB4CC.jpeg

158185FF-42BA-4FF7-A9D1-D752AC201866.jpeg

E431578F-3E1C-473F-B9AD-A31409CCE484.jpeg

C4106441-289D-4B0D-9B34-AF99C46D8B9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow Looks amazing, Wish I had the ability to 3D print like that. it would not only speed up the process by a ton, but also it would for sure stop my hand from cramping up. I plan to buy a 3D printer of sorts in the future to work on my builds since the pep process really hurts my hands, and takes way too long in comparison to what your making, which has no lack of detail and seems to be perfectly fitted. While it still must take a long time, I am sure it is still faster, and a bit less complex than doing it through pep. I would also start my own Fireteam called Fireteam Apex or something, but I have no friends that enjoy halo :/ Oh well, the builds are coming across great!

Last edited:
Wow Looks amazing, Wish I had the ability to 3D print like that. it would not only speed up the process by a ton, but also it would for sure stop my hand from cramping up. I plan to buy a 3D printer of sorts in the future to work on my builds since the pep process really hurts my hands, and takes way too long in comparison to what your making, which has no lack of detail and seems to be perfectly fitted. While it still must take a long time, I am sure it is still faster, and a bit less complex than doing it through pep. I would also start my own Fireteam called Fireteam Apex or something, but I have no friends that enjoy halo :/ Oh well, the builds are coming across great!
Thanks skybox, my process is definetly lacking speed lol and I still struggle with scaling at times too. But, yes 3d printing has really helped me when it comes to building. It can also be a curse as well and the learning curve was much steeper then anticipated (for me anyway). As for the detail you mentioned, my prints are lacking in quite a bit of detail. This is due to the fact that I can’t 3d model. All these are just kind of dirty clean ups (I suppose you could call it) that I did myself from the asset files. They are nothing like some of the files that members have donated to this community. Especially those Included in the FFA series and others in the 3d modeling section. All those files alone make it worth getting a 3d printer. And some day I will get to printing some of them:whistle: . All in all tho 3d printing isn’t the cure all means of building. It still entails a lot of time, work and learning as with any method of building. Plus there is still a place for pep and foam building. I still incorporate foam into my new builds.

3D prints don't alleviate hand cramping, they just change where the cramp is. Sanders elbow is a very real issue in the 3D printing community. Also there's a bad case of headdesk and headwall going around as ambient temperatures drop, air moisture content rises and bed adhesion gets a bit more dicey than usual.

Kids don’t know how lucky they have it. What I would have given for my dad to have had this technology back when I wanted to be best dressed for Halloween. - I got a bed sheet with eyes cut out, that was the best he could do for a “ghost”

So it’s been a while since I’ve updated. Progress has slowed a bit due to the holidays and the winter season in general. But I have been picking away at it. Last night I worked on some more foam pieces and here is a sloppy test fit.
61E3D70B-4A6C-48E7-A257-D142D32FF1F1.jpeg

Still needs some tweaking. The chest is back heavy and slides back plus the chest armor is A bit on the heavy side. That said it hurts the boys shoulders wearing it. So I made up an upper chest undersuit piece seen here.
image.jpg

Well long story short it made more problems then it fixed. Makes the chest sit high interfering with the helmet too much plus misplaced the shoulder cups I had made. So I think I’ll just line the chest armor with some thinner foam and ditch the upper chest piece. This will allow the chest to sit better as well as the shoulder pieces. Then this is where my other problem comes in. The boys are those “puny humans” :D type. So I needed to build their shoulders up a bit plus find some shoulder armor that didn’t wrap around the entire bicep area. As to not hinder their movement too much. I ended up going with the shoulders from the hunter/ Lockes armor, hopefully this concept works out. Still have a lot of finish work piling up. Printings the easy part lol. But I’m happy to finally start seeing the half way mark on one of the armors. Thanks or looking

Looks good! Waiting for some spoon-attack action on that helmet...

Now bear with me for a second....I cannot, for the life of me, understand what that foam chest piece is sitting on top of. If you look at the bottom of the foam piece in that picture, you will know exactly what I mean. You can not unsee it. What have you done to me?:oops:

Ok so both shoulders printed and I think we got the fitment going in the right direction. Ya I know the helmet has a bit of that bobbleheadishness. Wish I had done it a tad smaller but I’m always afraid of scaling something too small. Thoughts??? Think he’s starting to look like a Spartan yet?
E09FA6DC-6854-4FF4-AB64-225A25CCB42F.jpeg
D8FE98A5-B69F-4C40-8A92-AC7C01E9703C.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a bobblehead issue or that it isn't sitting properly. It looks like it is sitting very high on his head. It looks FANTASTIC though. Great job.
Thanks Dirtdives Well it is sitting quite high. I have put a lot of foam to make it sit higher on his head to give it some more clearance with the chest. Plus give him a little more spartanish height. But once I get the visor on and your not able to really see his face, hopefully it won’t look so awkward. Still some tweaking for sure, but it’s nice to see it finally starting to come together.

Looks great! Only looks weird because you can see his face. Once you get that visor in there he will just look taller which is a bonus. So long as you can't see his chin. :)
Must be nice to be able to put painted pieces on :unsure:

Ok so not really an update but just a notice I guess you could call it. Unfortunately this build is going to be put on hold for a short period of time as we’re looking into selling our house and it’s will require so fixing up to put it on the market. So that puts armor building on the back burner. But here’s some comical iterations of previous pics. Got playing with some photo editing on my phone and here’s what we came up with. As stated earlier the helmet looked a bit wonky when you were able to see his face where the visor would be. I haven’t been able to get into my vacuum forming yet so I got the next best thing. Then the scowl pose for mblackwell1002 What do you guys think? Haha
857D9F4D-6C9A-4D60-87BD-5A82194718DA.jpeg

31DE26EF-DE87-49A4-B132-5E4A19CAFD0E.jpeg

Another question....... what do you guys prefer for pictures? Full images or thumbnails? I personally prefer full images especially in ones own thread. I just hate having to click individual picturesto view them (guess I’m just lazy). Now I can see putting a thumbnail and such If posting to another persons thread. I not know maybe that’s just me, I guess feel free to chime in on your own preferences.

Last edited:
Ok so not really an update but just a notice I gues you could call it. Unfortunately this build is going to be put on hold for a short period of time as we’re looking into selling our house and it’s will require so fixing up to put it on the market. So that put armor building on he back burner. But here’s some a comical iteration of a previous pic. Got playing with some photo editing on my phone and here’s what we came up with. As stated earlier the helmet looked a bit wonky when you were able to see his face where the visor would be. I haven’t been able to get into my vacuum forming her so I got the next best thing and a scowl pose for mblackwell1002 What do you guys think? Haha
View attachment 252143
View attachment 252142
Another question....... what do you guys prefer for pictures? Full images or thumbnails? I personally prefer full images especially in ones own thread. I just hate having to click individual picturesto view them (guess I’m just lazy). Now I can see putting a thumbnail and such If posting to another persons thread. I not know maybe that’s just me, I guess feel free to chime in on your own preferences.
I prefer thumbnails I mainly use a smartphone so it's not much extra work to open the images.
BTW really nice how the armor is coming along. it seems more to scale when his face is covered. Hope you can get started back up again soon.

I prefer thumbnails I mainly use a smartphone so it's not much extra work to open the images.
BTW really nice how the armor is coming along. it seems more to scale when his face is covered. Hope you can get started back up again soon.
Thanks Jaku. See I use a smartphone too but when you click on a thumbnail it opens it in another window. So if I’m reading through a thread, I like to view the images as I read. Especially if I’m not up to date with the thread and have a few posts to read through. So I have to click on the thumbnail, it then opens another window, then close the window click on another thumbnail, close the window continue reading click on another close that window. See where I’m coming from? I don’t know like I said it’s probably just that I’m lazy haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back