Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a hint to how he is going to see out of the helmet... which by the way is B.A. looking, great job...

Chris

Wow, beautiful work. Simply amazing how far it's come, and such a great finished product (even if it's not quite finished yet).

So finally the picture of me wearing every made so far. I know the right shoulder pad isn't in place but I broke the elastic support for it. I want to redo the pads any way as they are missing a bit and its bugging me!

IM1_zps8d97ba1f.jpg

Wow, beautiful work. Simply amazing how far it's come, and such a great finished product (even if it's not quite finished yet).

Cheers man :)

I too am confused by this one 0_o

That is the orientation you use your smartphone in to record video. I strongly believe that there should be a software feature to outright disable recording when it's in portrait orientation.

Just look at your monitor in front of you right now and tell me landscape wouldn't be better :)

That is the orientation you use your smartphone in to record video. I strongly believe that there should be a software feature to outright disable recording when it's in portrait orientation.

Just look at your monitor in front of you right now and tell me landscape wouldn't be better :)

Ah, I see now. Turn your phone sideways when you record drack :)

Btw, your armor looks incredible! Perhaps elite... (Come on mods, move this to elite!)

I lnow how to film in landscape. I wanted to film in portrait, is that bad lol? 0_o

I lnow how to film in landscape. I wanted to film in portrait, is that bad lol? 0_o

Well, it's a bit annoying when there's two big black bars on the side of the screen, but no, not really. If you turn your phone sideways we can see more of the helmet when you film tho. :D

Well, it's a bit annoying when there's two big black bars on the side of the screen, but no, not really. If you turn your phone sideways we can see more of the helmet when you film tho. :D

I did it in portrait because the angle of the shot meant the helmet was more tall than wide. All of the helmet is in shot so I didn't see any problem. I suppose it's the draw back of portable devices being so widely used. I check everything on my iPad so if some thing is portrait I just turn it.

How much plastidip should i buy? Will the plastidip in the can clump and become uneven or should i go with the can. heading to lowes in the next half hour. Thank you (building the whole halo 4 foam suit besides helm) Thank you

Well I bought a 2.5 litre can and its lasted nearly 2 years. It has started to thicken but I thinned it down with some mineral spirits which fixed that. Because I had it so long I got bits in it :( I'd say a 750 tin would be more than enough and if you need more you can always go grab some. You could go with the spray on but that would get very costy so its up to you really. I have read about people using the spray and they use a lot of cans where as one can of the paint will do.

so that plasti dip just provides a smoothe surface for your next layer of paint? wonder if i bought the wrong paint. just bought a spray paint and primer non latex. might just have to go back whenever bud.

Plastidip is a rubberised paint. It self levels, sticks really well especially to foam and seals the foam as using just a spray will soak in to the foam. I am a little confused though as you have had 2 people suggesting plastidip or latex paint as your base coat and you bought neither. I know you are new to this but we are here to help so not taking the advice of those experienced in the craft seems counterproductive. I'm not trying to be harsh and it may be that the store you went to didn't sell the products but if you try to make foam armour with out them its not going to look as good as you want it to.

exactly^ not smart on my end. gonna inveat in sone of that. new is an understatement lol.

Lol. Well we all have to start some where. The best advice I can give is read as much as you can. I spent more hours than my wife was happy about looking through threads working out every technique and material needed. That's why I did my info part at the start of my thread because when it was more active I though it would mean more people would see it and save them looking through loads of threads to get all the info needed. I am gunna update it with a link actualy that contains loads more info so cheers for making me think of it :)

Edit: just added http://replica-costuming.wikia.com/wiki/Replica_Costuming_Wiki to the first page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back