Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really love one of your helmets. Top notch.

Thank you man. I will be doing a run once its finished. I will add it is quite a big helmet as scaled to my tank like armour. I will be doing a another smaller more universal size as well. My future plans are to do all 5 Ironman helmets, MK V, MK VII MKVIII, Iron Patriot and Warmachine. The next 2 I will doing are Ironman MK VIII and Masterchief MK VI.

holy beautiful ironman! That helmet is so smooth and so pretty drack. i can't wait to see you step into a full on pep/bondo build

Cheers bro. It does have a lot of imperfections that the camera hasn't picked up but I have been concentrating on getting it looking right first. Once the teeth are fixed will get them all smoothed out.

and to think it started life as foam. amazing!

I know I keep seeing the master and wondering how in the world it got to this :)

Very impressive. Now that is the way a Ironman helmet should look :D
A Work of Art

th_ThornsThumbsUp-1.jpg

You get the idea that I like what I'm seeing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive. Now that is the way a Ironman helmet should look :D
A Work of Art

th_ThornsThumbsUp-1.jpg

You get the idea that I like what I'm seeing. ;)

Lol cheers. Love the Thorn stamp of approval pic :)

Just a small question, did you use red foam and then plastidipped it or sprayed red primer and then plastidipped that ? :)

The process is explained on my first post but I plasti dip to seal the foam then primer. I hit the helmet with a clear coat too as I intended on casting it. I won't be doing that way again though as its all a bit long winded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so those of you that are following my thread know I am back on the helmet. I should have it ready for moulding in the next few days :)

So looks like we need a re-update here too. Here is the helmet finished. The face plate is moulded I just need to get the other half of the main helmet mother mould done next.
I am aware that the right eye is deeper than the other but I fixed this when filling the eyes with clay before moulding.

_DSC6114_zps231e02a1.jpg

_DSC6110_zps8577544c.jpg

_DSC6111_zps687d049f.jpg

OK, I'll bite.... ;)

This is freaking awesome. I think I'm going to back my ute over mine and start again......

I'm blown away by the quality of this suit; to undertake such an elaborate design is even more impressive. You must have the patience of a saint! Incredible work!
I'm watching your Foam Technique Tutorials now, truly a great resource! Thanks!

I'm blown away by the quality of this suit; to undertake such an elaborate design is even more impressive. You must have the patience of a saint! Incredible work!
I'm watching your Foam Technique Tutorials now, truly a great resource! Thanks!

Cheers man :)
I had hoped to get more videos done but you know what its like, life'n'all!

Cheers guys :) If I thought it would even come close to fitting you RT you could get one but this thing is massive.

haha, you never know. I have one of Adam's BlueRealm Chief cast and it turns outs its not to bad a fit on me :) and its some 30 cm high or so

Big update :)

Before I post my pic up I would like start by thanking everyone that has helped, encouraged or followed my work. When I started this hobby I never would have dreamed that one day I would have made what is sat in from of me. If you persevere and are willing to learn the hard way you can achieve your dreams. Without further a due here is the finished article. Its the master painted up so will only be used as a display piece but it will get the same treatment as my wearable helmet. All thats left to do is make some eyes, hinges and a base for it to sit on.

Here is a picture of my first attempt a year and a half ago. Awful right!? :D

IMG_01141.jpg

Now after lots of reading and hard work the real thing!

IMG_2238_zps19aa7e28.jpg
IMG_2239_zps91cc8d09.jpg

I know the face plate doesn't align properly but it warped a little while left in the sun so a quick heat gun session should get it back to its rightful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back