Ironman Markiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I've been getting a few Pm about what size I made my helmet, now I'm not being mean or anything just playing a wheres waldo thing, but I'm not going to responed if you ask me, because I put the size of all my helmets in the pictures just look closely

That's a hell of an idea. I would have never thought of doing that. It would be handy if you resized something and don't have the key to the designer, like I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
well after I get some more paint brushes I'm going to start making this mold and I got it all preped for it. starting tonight after work or my day off on tue

4455238c.jpg

Exccellent work. I don't know if it's me but the chin seems to jut out more than most other versions I've seen, which makes for a more accurate helmet IMO. Some of the other Iron Man helms I've seen seem to lack character, yours is full of life. ;)

RedTogusa said:
Exccellent work. I don't know if it's me but the chin seems to jut out more than most other versions I've seen, which makes for a more accurate helmet IMO. Some of the other Iron Man helms I've seen seem to lack character, yours is full of life. ;)

I have to agree with you. It defenitely captures the essence(sp?) of IM!

Beautiful work Timecon! ;)

Skupilkinson said:
I have to agree with you. It defenitely captures the essence(sp?) of IM!

Beautiful work Timecon! ;)
'

Thanks guys I really appreciate that,

let me know Red if you want.

timecon said:
you are right on. I use fiberglass jelly and cloth on the inside to strengthen it then just add the bondo on top works really well
Mind if I ask how well this went? It seems the general procedure for many is to resin the outside to strengthen the piece. Do you find any advantages in not doing this extra step?

Beautiful piece of work right there. This is why I love progress threads!

Cole,

protonguy said:
Mind if I ask how well this went? It seems the general procedure for many is to resin the outside to strengthen the piece. Do you find any advantages in not doing this extra step?

Beautiful piece of work right there. This is why I love progress threads!

Cole,
This works great I don't even use resin just the fiberglass jelly and less clean up I use disposable brushes that I get from garret wade for 20 bucks for like a 100 brushes

BobvDijk said:
This the best IM helmet i've ever seen
its iven better than in the movie!

good luck with molding!

Bob

? how can a copy of the original look better then the original? He aimed for the details of the original. So in the end. The movie helmet is the most accurate due its the reference for everyone.

But nice helmet timecon. Best ive seen. Cant wait to see it painted etc.

rundown said:
? how can a copy of the original look better then the original? He aimed for the details of the original. So in the end. The movie helmet is the most accurate due its the reference for everyone.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! That's funny!

rundown said:

But nice helmet timecon. Best ive seen. Cant wait to see it painted etc.

LOL-Zilla sir :lol:
goz32z.gif
:lol:

ok I had enough rebound25 to cover this helmet but I only have like 2 cups of plastipast II left so it will be like this for awhile unless some one wants a cast, then first person to sent me a gallon of plastipaste II and a smoothcast kit and $15 (that's us shipping of course) to sent it to them, let me know. you help me I'll help you, pm me

9415a547.jpg

39840658.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back