It's Finally Happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
I apologize for my presence not being felt here in the last little while. The reason for that being, I've been busy with work for a change (they're finally giving me more hours). Aside from that, I've been planning things out and making arrangements... to move in with my girlfriend!

Those who know me here are aware that we met over ten years ago (we were working together at the time), and after a few failed relationships on both our parts we were finally given the opportunity to acknowledge our long-standing affection for one another and started dated over a year ago (our one year anniversary was late last month).

All throughout our relationship things have been nothing but great; it's just as a relationship should be, in our opinion.

Anyway, now that it's been over a year that we've dated, we decided to move in together at the end of this month. As such, we've been getting ready to pack up my things, ask around to see who will be available to help, and figure out just what furniture from my meager matchbox-sized apartment should be brought over to the house.

Since June 1st actually lands on a weekday (Tuesday), we decided to do the move the weekend before (May 29th). That way, everyone will have time off to make the move happen. I have to say, this has been a very exciting time for us, and we're both eagerly counting down the days to zero hour :D lol

SPARTAN II said:
I apologize for my presence not being felt here in the last little while. The reason for that being, I've been busy with work for a change (they're finally giving me more hours). Aside from that, I've been planning things out and making arrangements... to move in with my girlfriend!

Those who know me here are aware that we met over ten years ago (we were working together at the time), and after a few failed relationships on both our parts we were finally given the opportunity to acknowledge our long-standing affection for one another and started dated over a year ago (our one year anniversary was late last month).

All throughout our relationship things have been nothing but great; it's just as a relationship should be, in our opinion.

Anyway, now that it's been over a year that we've dated, we decided to move in together at the end of this month. As such, we've been getting ready to pack up my things, ask around to see who will be available to help, and figure out just what furniture from my meager matchbox-sized apartment should be brought over to the house.

Since June 1st actually lands on a weekday (Tuesday), we decided to do the move the weekend before (May 29th). That way, everyone will have time off to make the move happen. I have to say, this has been a very exciting time for us, and we're both eagerly counting down the days to zero hour :D lol

Sorry for quoting such a big quote but I'm happy for you dude, good going. This recently happened with me and my GF, we've known each other for around 4 years but only a month ago did we get together. Hope you have fun.

And since this is a special occasion you get the good outing:

Out%20of%20Order.jpg

//MJOLNIR|VIRGIL\\

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Glad to here it's finally happening, my friend.

Good luck with the moving. I would help you out, but I'm not even close to where you live.

-Pony

Excellent news buddy! While I'm glad you guys haven't rushed it, it seems like it's taken forever for you guys to get to this point. I've been like- "C'mon! When is Elvis going to move into Mel's so he has a garage to work in?!?" :p

S'pose I better finish pepping my ODST helmet if we're going to be working on our armour at the same time. Still up for that? :D

It's fantastic to hear that this is all working out for you! :) Best of luck to you!

(If I could find your old seal, I'd say that this course of action is Spartan II approved :lol)

Cheers!

Thanks, fellas! :)

I can't describe the excitement I'm feeling right now. To be making this next step with a girl I've waited on being with for over a decade is like a dream come true. The way she puts it, this is the beginning of nothing but good things.

One of the other kewl things about this move is that, for the first time I'll actually have a room to properly display my prop collection. She's been nothing but supportive of my hobby, and has even had a hand in helping plan out what's to go in that room.

I appreciate the fact that she's taken an active part in planning this out with me. Definately a first throughout all my relationships, lol.

It's going to be great that I'll finally be able to properly display my collection. Granted, I've lived in one or two places where I was able to put up a small display of sorts (and then, only of certain choice pieces), but nothing that allowed them to be displayed as they respectively deserve, imho.

I'll also finally have a proper work space again. Haven't had that in well over five years, so it'll be nice to have a place to work on my props.

Of course, the best part of this is that we'll be living together as of the beginning of next month. The whole prop room/work space bit is just a nice added bonus :)

juliet76 said:
Excellent news buddy! While I'm glad you guys haven't rushed it, it seems like it's taken forever for you guys to get to this point. I've been like- "C'mon! When is Elvis going to move into Mel's so he has a garage to work in?!?" :p

S'pose I better finish pepping my ODST helmet if we're going to be working on our armour at the same time. Still up for that? :D

Well, now you don't need to ask yourself that anymore, lol. And yeah, I'd still be up for working on our armour at the same time. Just want to get settled in first, and finish up a couple props for a friend of mine here :cool

This is fantastic! :lol

It's so great to hear that you're getting on so well, and that you're going to have a proper workspace... ;)

Well, as tomorrow is the day I move in with the gf, I figured I'd let everyone know I may be offline for a couple days, depending on whether or not the same-day disconnect here/installation there goes as planned.

As much as we'll like getting to spend more time together once we've moved in together, all the same we've decided that we'll both have our own things to do at times, so that we don't get sick of one another, lol.

I'll post a quick message here once the move's done and I've managed to settle in.

juliet76 said:

SPARTAN II said:
Well, now you don't need to ask yourself that anymore, lol.

Yeah, he wasn't asking himself, it's all I've heard about for the past...I don't know....6 months ;) :p

Congrats Elvis, I hope it all goes awesomely for you. I'm really happy for you both. This is very, very cool. :D

Well, it's been over a month now since the move-in with my gf, and all's well. I have to say, this move has to have been the quickest and most organized of them all, lol.

As much as I'd wanted to have the prop room all set up right after the move, due to my finances being what they are it simply wasn't possible. However, middle of last month we were able to go out and get a few of the key pieces; a laptop stand and drafting table.

Once we got those both put together, it was a quick matter of rearranging what furniture pieces were already in the room (filing cabinet, TV with stand) to best optimize the space. The following is a series of pics I took showing the current stage of my prop room:

Prop Room -- C'mon in! (would like to apply a fake Ent-D door detail to the outside of the door, complete with Starfleet signage saying "Ready Room", or something of the like)

Prop Room -- Entering Theme (we unanimously agreed we'd have a TV/film theme going on throughout the room)

Prop Room -- Beauty Shot (this pic nicely showcases the half of the room now done up; I was so excited about it I set this as my desktop background, lol)

Prop Room -- Fancy-schmancy Drafting Table (as soon as I saw this one, I knew it was the one I wanted. It cost a pretty penny, but was well worth it, imho *grins*; next to it is a table that was already in the room, which I decided to use as a place to keep all my prop schematics on hand when I need them)

Prop Room -- Inspirational Corner (of course, no prop room of mine would be complete without my almost-life-size Master Chief poster; also have a more detailed MC poster and my unfinished 6" Spacedock model on display for additional inspiration)

Prop Room -- Continuing Theme (as can clearly be seen, we carried the TV/film theme through to this side of the room; nicely ties in with the placement of the TV, lol)

Prop Room -- Continuing Theme (the TV/film them continues onto the floor even)

Prop Room -- Collection/Display Pieces (ignoring our collection of vintage-style pieces in the bottom right corner -- still trying to figure out where we're putting all that -- the rest of the items shown will eventually find themselves shelved on the three IKEA display cases I plan on buying at some point)

Prop Room -- Collection/Display Pieces (I'm debating whether to leave the MC on the box or just put him down on the floor next to the display cases; speaking of boxes, the one in the corner holds my Klingon Bat'leth)

Prop Room -- Collection/Display Pieces (the TNG and Classic Movie Enterprise blueprints -- which were an exclusive item included with AMT/Ertl's DS9 Defiant kit -- will eventually be framed and hung up in between the display cases)

Prop Room -- Works in Progress (like many others I know in the prop hobbythe , I too now have a closet full of my unfinished and future projects!)

Prop Room -- Works in Progress (it's amazing how much stuff I was able to fit up above...)

Prop Room -- Works in Progress (so much head room, lol; I was able to put the majority of my kits up here)

Prop Room -- Works in Progress (and then just had to put my starship kits down below)

Prop Room -- Works in Progress

Prop Room -- Decor (I even added some additional wall decor, to fill in the space a bit)

Prop Room -- Decor

Anyway, that shows what progress we've made so far on furnishing the room for its intended purpose. As we'd only bought the laptop stand and drafting table on the Saturday, I was still in need of a decent, comfortable chair for the many hours I plan on spending in this room. So, while I was at work that Sunday, she went out and bought me one as a surprise for when I got home later on.

How kewl is that? And it wasn't a cheap one, either. She's the best :D

At this point, I'm already very pleased with how my prop room's coming together. Just need to get those three display cases for the other half of the room, and we'll be golden. I'm happy with it as-is though, so the other part can wait for now. Just wanted to share my excitement with my friends here, on the very first prop room I've ever had.

Oh wow, that's awesome news buddy. I must have missed this when you first posted it. Either way, congrats and I'm glad that it's going great.

Wooo!

Glad to hear that everything went well, and that your prop room is coming together so nicely.

Guess what? This past weekend the gf and I got something else for my prop room; the first of three display cabinets:

Prop Room -- New Addition (I put all of the finished prop pieces and toy collectibles I had on the floor in there)

Prop Room -- New Addition (a quick shot showing it with the rest of the room as-is; you can see my WiP studio-scale TOS Shuttlecraft sitting on the drafting table)

FYI, that's not how I'm going to have this display set up. I just put it all in the one cabinet for now to get it off the floor.

The plan is to have one display for Star Trek props, another for my now-expanding HALO prop collection, and the third for props from other franchises (ie. Firefly, Stargate, etc.).

That room's really starting to take shape, though. Just wanted to share this with everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back