Jorge 052 - Against All Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work mate keep it up, as for the recent stint regarding the modeling issue. It takes time, dont take it for granted, dont complain, be respectful. Modelers previs things and having pepakura lets modelers take the creations and bring them into the real world.

No modellers, no pep files, no pep files, no armor.

Shackz_

Yeah I understand it, I just wish I downloaded it when I had the chance. Well at least I have the helmet. Well at least they werent on there long enough for people to take them and then without permission, remodel your work and post it (you know who you are!).

Being new to the site I can't say I understand everything that goes into this but I'd still love to see how your work is coming Ace. I'd love to see pictures of you in your armor if you have them. I'm ecstatic that someone has the patience and has taken the time and effort to actually make all of these files. I'm not a 3d artist so again I have not idea how much work goes into it but again, I'd love to see how they are working for you. The files are a perk in some cases but it's the inspiration that I find in threads like these. If you ever happen to post said pictures I'd be more than grateful if you would let me know. :) Best of luck to you!

I read your last post AceHigh and your completely right. Anyway, I'm new here and new to the whole pepakura thing and I,ve been wondering, how do you make a pepakura file from scratch? I have pepakura designer but i haven't done the registration thing yet, is that it or do i have to download a different program, because i have also been trying to make Jorge's armor. I'm trying to make it out of cardboard, but it is a bit tougher then i thought it would be. Would it be better to make a Pep or keep on going with the cardboard build? Please respond...

Right, so I removed my files the other day. I've gotten quite a few PMs about it, all appreciative of my work which makes me happy. I thought I'd write a few words about it because of this.

It has come to my knowledge that there is a great number of people that are roaming this site that believe that "Making game accurate props of any game of choice" is an article in the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. They believe that since they don't care enough to work up their skills to produce props by themselves, it is the duty and responsibility of hard working modellers to produce any and all pepakura files that they want, at the level of detail that they desire. For free. Fast.

However, there is no such article in the UN Declaration of Human Rights (seriously, I checked). It is NOT a human right to be able to make great props. Due to the demanding, ungrateful nature of the people believing so, I have decided not to share my work with just anyone. I have plowed countless hours into making the Jorge 052 files the best I can make them, and those hours will not benefit those that are unappreciative. I will share my work with those people that represent the great side of 405th, those that don't hesitate to help others when they can, those that do appreciate hard work. Those people that when a f-ed up piece of sh-- file is uploaded will pat the creator on the back and say "hey, thanks a lot for giving me a base to work of, this will be one hell of a prop!" while truly meaning what they say.

I will take this opportunity to revise all of my files as I am still not 100% happy about things. Some pieces will get major overhauls. Hopefully I can find a password protected hosting site (please notify me if you know of one that is free, or how to do it on 4shared.com, I couldn't find any way) where I will upload my files and only give out the passwords to those who deserve it. Even for them, I will be placing heavy restrictions on what files will be accessible and how they may be used, but I will post more on that once I have a place for my files and am ready to put them back up.

To all of those working hard to put files out there, any files from high definition to no definition: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You are truly generous people willing to share your work, sometimes without as much as a thank you. Please try to take heed of those that admire your work so that you don't end up a bitter old cynic like myself. You are too valuable for that.

Well said man! I can really relate to where you are coming from! If you could give me the files for Jorge, it would be of great help, and I would really appreciette it! You have done an ammense amount of work, and it shows in quality, and in blood, sweat, and tears! I, among many people here really trully do appreciate the amount of time and effort you have put into this project! Me and my friend were doing ODST suits, but we fliped over and decided we are doing reach. Noble 6, and Jorge. Our deadline is for the end of October, and we really need to get started right away! So if you could find it in your heart to get the files over to us (the Jorge ones), we would be able to show you that your effort to make these files can be turned into something great! A kick ass suit! Not trying to suck up here or anything.... I truly do understand your struggle, and im sorry to hear it had to come to this.

Thanx,
Simeon :)

sorry that you had to lock your files Ace. I thought that your chaingun was a nifty piece of work and I still haven't gotten it pep'd yet! It's sad that people complain about WIPs or the really awesome final product that comes completed and unfolded after weeks and months of hard work to create for said whiners and others who appreciate the final product. You and everyone else that made/makes pep files are really above and beyond everyone else,Lee Included with his woodwork. It's sad that people that complained about your pep files also made you make up your mind to not freely host files anymore, But it's probably for the better since the whiners won't be able to freely get to the models and then post complaints about the model's aesthetics.-ty

P.S. You made some really wickedly awesome reach files!

AceHigh, I have ALL of the other pep files EXCEPT for the Gauntlets and Shoulders, can u please PM me with an answer? [im not putting my email on here]
You would do a cowboy a great big favor! :D

Thanks,

The Irish Cowboy

Just to let everyone know, I won't be sharing my files with anyone anymore. I can't judge over the internet who has a good heart and who is just posting to get his/her hands on my files, so I'm just shutting down all together. I don't have any responsibility to share my work with anyone. If you want to have 3D files, learn how to 3D model and do them yourself.

Also, I will be leaving this forum since I can't stand the ridiculous ways that it is being maintained. The staff has clearly shown that they don't give a f*** about the forum or the average member. I don't know what the purpose of the forum really is, but I don't care anymore. If they want a place where people can piss on each other, where moderators can be extremely rude to members trying to obey the rules and where you don't matter if you don't get into the elite section or Adam's personal circle of friends, fine. It's not my choice, but I'm tired of being a part of such a crappy forum. If a member of the staff or mod crew reads this, you can go ahead and permanently ban my account as I will not be comming back. Perhaps you can let NZ-TK do it, I'm sure he will find great pleasure in shutting my account down. He can consider it my parting gift to him.

who knew he could be such an ass? just go chill out man and stop whinning and calling us names it's like your five

Totally up to you. Sorry your so impatient with the forums.

Did you make the post just to complain, or would you like it fixed? My boss always says, don't come to me with problems unless you also come with some options for solutions.

Adam, i think he was like this even before the new forums. saying some thing like he's mad because all the noobs are "stealing" his models. i recall one member who stole his hand plate and we banned him so WTF is his major malfunction

Well, part of my vision is to put pep files on the site and have them well managed and organized. Who would like to be in charge of this? I know it's frustrating when people steal stuff and don't give credit. I've been there, and I try to give credit where it's due. It should be a motto on the forums at all times. So, how do we fix this for other modelers and how do we fix it from here forward?

Well I guess that's it then, I believe it would be almost impossible to combat the members that "steal the other person's work and pose it as their own. Password protect really wouldn't be a good solution as a PM and a password is all that they would need. Amidst AceHigh's complaining, he did strike a very good point that you can't judge a person over the internet. The modelers will have to understand that what they post is technically public domain, and is technically copyright infringement, and that is technically illegal. But somehow we have survived.

I really don't think there is a concrete solution to this problem, other than perhaps keeping a comprehensive record of who downloads what so that re-casters and model stealers can be identified more easily. There just needs to be an understanding that the internet is a dangerous place, but it also has good people in it.

The availability of the files make it easy for people to make their own variants of the armor to their liking. Let's be honest, there are only a handful of very good modelers on the 405th, and they are kind enough to allow their files for download on a public forum, I thank you all for that. But that in itself raises the rhetorical question:

"Why should I waste time building a helmet from the ground up when I can just expand off of of someone else's?"

Another rhetorical question these model stealers may ask is:
"I built it, I put in the work to assemble it, when does designing ownership overstep building ownership?"

I do not know the answers to any of these questions, I don't plan on ever asking them. But impatience is not going to solve anything, whinning is not going to solve anything. I believe we will need to try many things before we come up with solution to this steep problem.

I don't want to lose more modelers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back