Josiahmann's JFO (READ INTRO THINGY!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now thats what I'm talking about. Pic's are allot better. You're build is starting to move. I'll be watching to see what you post next.

Haha thanks! I actually have a question for noble 1 if he looks at this. What did you use to cut out your visor?

a dremal, i only had some really cheap cutting wheels so it took about 2hrs to cut it out completly because the wheels kept breaking, i went through about 10 of them. you are catching up with me pretty fast, im still working on the sides of the helmet.

a dremal, i only had some really cheap cutting wheels so it took about 2hrs to cut it out completly because the wheels kept breaking, i went through about 10 of them. you are catching up with me pretty fast, im still working on the sides of the helmet.

Yah thats what I was probably going to do. I have some of those from my Dark Speed Racer helm. Are you going to Vacuform your visor? My friend has a plastic that bends pretty easily when heated up. I might use some of that though. Anyway, I think I might rondo the back part with those ridges cuz it looks tough to bondo. Also rondo forms easily to whatever its being applied to.

those back ridges are hard to bondo, i started to bondo them then decided to just cover up seems cause it looks good without bondo, as for the visor i found something on amazon that might work i will post a link later.

Haha thanks! I actually have a question for noble 1 if he looks at this. What did you use to cut out your visor?
May I suggest something? This technique works well with cutting holes in drywall on a larger scale: Use your dremel on just the sharp corners, and get a cheap electric meat carving knife to use on the rest.

(With drywall, replace electric knife with Sawzall.)

Aight. Updates.
100_2625.jpg

100_2626.jpg

Sorry im not typing much i just didnt have the greatest day.

The back looks a bit warped, don't you think. MOAR FILLA'!

I also didn't realize just how massive the visor is going to be!

Aight. My b-day is monday so this is my weekend. Well not MY weekend but you know what I mean. So I'm taking a break for a while. Later Homies. Yup. I said homies...

Hey! Sorry for the double post, but look what I got for my B-day today!
100_2631.jpg

Anyway Ill be posting more soon! Happy costuming!

it might just be the pictures but it looks like the front of the helmet is crooked, i noticed it on the previous pep pics also but was hard to be sure since they were lower res pics. It looks like the whole helmet is sagging to the left (left in the picture.)

Not so relevant now you've resined it, but during the paper stage, I'd try to stick to the lines a little closer (Particularly the visor which is off by over 1mm by the looks of it). Also, don't score unnecessarily (Again referring to the visor: If you avoid scoring, the helmet as a whole will be stronger and less liable to warping).

Another point I might mention is the order in which youconsruct the piece. You seem to have built from the neck up, finishing at the top like building an igloo. This can be useful if you're not sure of the size, but finishing with a piece surrounded by all sides can make glueing harder, and there is less room for error if you have not followed the lines closely enough (Leading to misfitting pieces, overhanging edges, or warping).

You seem to have overcome these issues very well though, so good job. I hope to join the JFO crew soon enough too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back