Julia's Mark VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabooblia

Hi there! So I've been signed up for a while now but really haven't posted anything. But I am currently working on some Mark VI armor with some friends! I'll have some pictures of my progress up soon and as it stands now I have ALMOST fully completed my helmet YAY!

Ok! So here are a few photos of what I have managed to get done so far! I would love to hear some feedback on it so comment away.

This was my firts adventure in the land of smoothcast and my god I am in love with the stuff!
let_the_smooth_casting_begin__by_ph3on1x-d4mzcuw.jpg

A LONG winter later I managed to get the bondo on it.
me_and_my_helmet_by_ph3on1x-d50o9na.jpg

Primed!
primed__by_ph3on1x-d50o9s9.jpg

I did the silver paint first so I could tape off what I wanted for scratches and what not with painters tape.
base_coat_silver_by_ph3on1x-d50oa1z.jpg

purple_paint_by_ph3on1x-d50oaf9.jpg

stripe_by_ph3on1x-d50oaqj.jpg

sides_by_ph3on1x-d50ob2z.jpg

front_by_ph3on1x-d50ob9d.jpg

right_by_ph3on1x-d50obe8.jpg

left_by_ph3on1x-d50obg0.jpg

back_by_ph3on1x-d50obks.jpg

side_add_ons_by_ph3on1x-d50ywxf.jpg

under_the_brim_by_ph3on1x-d50yxe5.jpg

So yeah that's it for now! I still have a bit more work to do but I absolutely LOVE how this has turned out so far. More updates on the way soon!

Looks great, at first it looked like you had a ton of bondo on the helmet but you managed to make it look really good, nice work

I got excited because your apartment complex looked like one at my college.. and then I saw it was ANOTHER person from Canada! That's it! I'm moving to Canada!
You did a nice job with the silver underlayer and the paint chip coming through.

Love it!!! Have you chosen a visor yet? I found a brazen hue tinted visor for my grenadier helmet. (Has purple and yellow in it!)

Thanks! And yeah purple is my absolute FAVE color so I just went with it :D. The weathering was actually very easy to do thank god, sadly though the pictures don't really show the black detailing around them but meh they are there lol. And yeah I chosen a visor its a dull gold color that goes amazing well with my colors. Just debating now weather to do the double visor thing or just carve in the details. And yes I know the holes for the lights haven't been drilled yet I'm still debating on what kind of lights to use so I can size it properly.

Thanks! And yeah purple is ya purple is my absolute FAVE color so I just went with it :D. The weathering was actually very easy to do thank god, sadly though the pictures don't really show the black detailing around them but meh they are there lol. And yeah I chosen a visor its a dull gold color that goes amazing well with my colors. Just debating now weather to do the double visor thing or just carve in the details. And yes I know the holes for the lights haven't been drilled yet I'm still debating on what kind of lights to use so I can size it properly.

Just a tip, if you dont want to buy another visor to do the double visor details and you dont want to carve it for risk of messing up your visor, you can buy some transparent plastic sheets, which are about as thin as paper but dont rip, and then just cut out the shape of the visor that would be on top of your normal visor and attach it on top of your visor.

It is thin enough that you can still see out of your visor and all that, but also thick enough that you can see the detail of the double "visor" effect.

OK!!! FINALLY got my chest plate done! Only took three damn tries to get the stupid thing to fit lol. So here it is the finished product thus far!
chest_plate_side_by_ph3on1x-d51fu2b.jpg

chest_plate_front_by_ph3on1x-d51fu6x.jpg

chest_plate_by_ph3on1x-d51fude.jpg

And I also have my shoulders all smooth cast and sanded! They're just waiting for some bondo!
shoulders_by_ph3on1x-d51fumm.jpg

Very nice work. I've been dreading making my torso but I just made a plasma turret so I figure no way a torso is tougher then that lol. And I agree smoothcast is awesome. Are you using just the resin or mixing it with glass matt for more strength?

Looking great so far, it's nice to see another feminine spartan emerge from the shadows here on the 405th, makes it seem less like us guys are here alone ;D

GothX

Very nice work. I've been dreading making my torso but I just made a plasma turret so I figure no way a torso is tougher then that lol. And I agree smoothcast is awesome. Are you using just the resin or mixing it with glass matt for more strength?

I'm just using the smoothcast with some fiber glass. I found the shoulders were to weak in some spots so I just added some to make it a bit more stable *sigh* but sadly my friends wouldn't let me buy Kevlar they're no fun lol.

Darthoblivious

righteous progress so far!! love the color scheme too! keep up the work and cant wait to see more!

Well thanks! I can't wait to post more! lol as odd as it sounds having my stuff up were people can see it is making me work even harder to get it done.

Psquiddy

Looking great so far, it's nice to see another feminine spartan emerge from the shadows here on the 405th, makes it seem less like us guys are here alone ;D

lol doesn't hurt to have a little estragyn around :D! and I'm surprised more girls aren't into this its so much fun!

thorn696

Looking good. The paint on that Helmet looks great.

Thank you! I love how its turned out just a few more things and it completely done!

I'm just using the smoothcast with some fiber glass. I found the shoulders were to weak in some spots so I just added some to make it a bit more stable *sigh* but sadly my friends wouldn't let me buy Kevlar they're no fun lol

lol, if my wife would let me spend the money I would make everything out of Kevlar... and play paintball in it!

lol I'm in the same boat! if mine was BB proof I'd use it for airsoft without a question!

very nice, its kinda rare to find another airsodt player. I been working on converting a Tar21 into a dmr. The biggest hurdle is working up the nerve to cut it apart... Its just so pretty lol.

As for bb proof though I been expirinenting with fiber glass but using a poly resin called alumilite instead of smoothcast or bondo resin. Its expensive buy do it in the sun on a warm day and it sets in like 90 seconds and is hard in 10 mins and so far I got it to stop a .23g round at 430fps. Its amazing stuff! Still left a dent though=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back