Jun-A266 WIP & Augmented Reality System & AEG

nemesis2500

Member
mblackwell1002 Sure I'll take a look at taking on the chest next, it is a pretty daunting piece to tackle, i'm sending you a PM about the FFA series.

SI3RRA 117 thanks, I'm enjoying learning to model, I personally use Autodesk Fusion 360 after trying solidworks for a bit. Best of luck with the modelling on your part. And yep, once I remembered Jun I couldn't resist and hopefully I'll get some electronics into this suit too!

Edit: A small teaser of what's next:
teaser.PNG
 
Last edited:

nemesis2500

Member
Minor update, finished blocking out the front section here's a quick render:
Torso v30.png

Hope y'all enjoy, more to come soon :D

Edit:
Well, more is here, just finished blocking out the back, now onto detailing.
Back.PNG
 
Last edited:

nemesis2500

Member
Thom A293 thanks man! I really appreciate the compliment, means a lot coming from a skilled modeller like you.

On a side note, progress is going to slow a little now, I'm still waiting for confirmation to post a side project this on this forum (I believe it should be passable to post here), in addition, I'm revisiting my old augmented reality project, and hopefully I'll be developing some additional electronics to sit inside the suit too, all this will slow down my CAD workflow but it's also essential as I need to know what I'm putting in the suit so I can make fixings onto the suit for it. I'll hopefully get a full post out on it soon, see ya'll soon.
 

nemesis2500

Member
comics1996 You're right about the colour difference, the hood on Jun is the same colour as the Sage colour in the customisation, my hood is made from olive green fabric, the difference is clearly visible in the image below where I took a sample of Jun's hood and a sample of mine:
maxresdefault.jpg

It's not that the hood is darker, it's more washed out green for want of a better word, unfortunately I spent a long time searching for an appropriate fabric and the material for the hood I found was the closest I could get, however if in future I do bump into a more accurate fabric I'll be sure to pick it up. Thanks for the feedback.
 

comics1996

New Member
comics1996 You're right about the colour difference, the hood on Jun is the same colour as the Sage colour in the customisation, my hood is made from olive green fabric, the difference is clearly visible in the image below where I took a sample of Jun's hood and a sample of mine:
View attachment 239735
It's not that the hood is darker, it's more washed out green for want of a better word, unfortunately I spent a long time searching for an appropriate fabric and the material for the hood I found was the closest I could get, however if in future I do bump into a more accurate fabric I'll be sure to pick it up. Thanks for the feedback.
That is good hope you get some of that color soon. Yet, at least you have something that is close to what it like for now.
 

nemesis2500

Member
StayFrosty nah, it's not sliced yet, currently it still hasn't made it out of the CAD software as there's still more work to be done!

mblackwell1002 Haha, thanks, we seriously need an off topic for a dictionary of your sound effects. :D

comics1996 Thanks, I might try finding away of releasing some of the colour from the fabric but I think it'll just make it lighter if I do which isn't the desired effect. So I'll have to keep hold of the patterns and re-make it in future.

Edit:
Update time, the space diaper is done:
Codpiece v33.png

Codpiece v33_back.png

Hope y'all enjoy.
 
Last edited:

nemesis2500

Member
Plot twist, progress HAS started on the boots but I was contemplating how to make them and figured it could be better to print only specific parts and make the rest out of EVA foam.
So in the mean time I revisited the torso which had a few little bits missing so, here is the new torso with ab-plate and weird back stuff:
Torso v147.png

Torso v136.png

There's still that small bit that sits in between the ab-plate and torso and I'm debating how to make that at the moment so it will turn up at some point.

In addition the FJ-Para shins are done:
Shin_2 v36.png


See you all with more progress soon, :D

Edit: Sooner than I thought apparently, I was playing around with blender and re did the file for the handplates using sharp edges this time, the result:
handplate_remade.PNG

So I get the smooth surface and sharp corners now, will have these printed in no time. :)

Edit 2: Well, should've waited before making the first part of this post, :whistle: Anyway, more progress! Taking the existing files for the boot (modelled by Ruze) I took them into blender, smoothed and shelled them for printing, and the finished result:
Boot.PNG

Boot.PNG

Shoe_back.PNG

Hope y'all enjoy. :D
 
Last edited:

mblackwell1002

Well-Known Member
*Crowd cheers* *people spill their drinks in their laps*, *people gasp in awe!*
IT's BEUUUUTIFUUULLL!!!

FYI, nemesis, renders typically look a little better in lighter, less shiny colors. It really helps showcase the detail that way.
just sayin' :p

HINT, HINT!!:D
 
Last edited:
Top