Jun-Armor + WEP (WIP PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also need some help!

SCOUT%2520FRONT%2520-%2520Copy.jpg

In the red rings, there seem to be a kind of bulb of some sort that sticks out. Like a cover over the LED, any1 have any ideas of what to use to make those bulbs? or where to get it?

I'd guess you could use the bottoms of some juice/water/lemonade plastic bottles and paint them with a light coat of red paint. Maybe some water colours? This is just what I came up with just now, haven't tried it myself.

Also, great work on the sniper rifle! :D

Fantastic job man.

Hey if you want to darken the little backpack you can symply spray paint it with Krylon Camo paint. Thats what people do in Airsoft and paintball when they want to change the color of their gear.

This Sniper veil would be a good adittion to your loadout.

http://www.lifeandlibertygear.com/other/camouflaging-gear-c8_52/sniper-veil-scarf-p1989.html

keep it up.

Where have u been hiding all this time Restrepo?! That cammo web looks really good, but since i live alle the way north in Norway i dont think i will be able to get it in time for the big Con im attending in 2 weeks. Also i have been thinking of trying to darken the bag with some paint yea, im going to reedo the top of the bag anyway so ill make some test samples for paining.

@ SchlagerNinja -
I hva been thinking about it, but havent come up with a smart plan yet, going in to town tomorrow i think to look in some random shops for **** to use :p

On other news Im now done pepping the second helmet attachment, it now sits in the garage waiting for the resin to harden. Need 1-2 more rounds with resin i think, then it will be bondo and sanding.....So stay tuned :)

Good news! ive redone the pepwork for a new helmet attachment and this finnaly works! i think...

IMAG0625.jpg

This is some plastic tubes with the leds inside, i made this so that i can fit it inside the pep-piece and then just resin the whole damn thing. Since the LEDs then are inside tubes i can still move them a little if needed. So this whole tube thing was put inside the pep-piece and then hotglued in place.

IMAG0626.jpg

And that is how it looks right now. It looks like crap but ill fix that later today. After the LED-tube was fit i filled the whole pep-piece with resin (3 times i filled it with resin, filling one and one "part" of the pep-piece), and i also coated it outside with resin. As you can se on the next pics the LEDs works fine.

IMAG0627.jpg

IMAG0628.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

The LEDs still have some ducktape on them for protection agains the resin/bondo tho :p

Also.....while i waited for the resin to harden i made this!

IMAG0631.jpg

A foam "sceleton" that fits in the bag, so that the bag looks "full" even while its all empty, and i also got a place to put my monney and so on :p

Heres how it fits inside the bag...
IMAG0632.jpg

Thats all i have for now, off to bondo and sanding!

So I have been working all day! And here are some reasults...

Picture%2520110.jpg

Picture%2520111.jpg

Picture%2520112.jpg

But now im kind of stuck on a detail, some help would be really nice...

sCOUT%2520SIDE%2520copy.jpg

Its this detail here, I cant seem to fint any good pics for it. But it looks like its supposed to represent 2 "clamps" or something, like that attaches the attachment to the helmet. Not really shure how to make it, have allready made 2-3 attepts in foam but they all look like crap. Any ideas of how to design it?....or if i should just skip them or not? :)

Helmet DONE!

So Now the helmet is all done! and I am pretty happy with it! :D

Ill let the pictures speak :

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0637.jpg

IMAG0638.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

So there u have it! It has been painted, drilled and attached together. For the LEDs, i have used 1 red LED in each of the "sensors", but in the bottom big one there are 3 LEDs. In total 7 LEDs running on a 9V - battery using a 140ohm resistor (i think, lost the sheet for the colourcodes belonging to the resistor).

I also decided to put in a cooling system, using 2 cpu fans bought on dealextreme. These are also running on a 9V-battery without a resistor, but they are not cooling as much as i hoped for. Any1 with some tech exp?

Here are the pics of the fans mounted in the front:

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

(used my phone so not the best pics and the flash on the phone suxs, but its in the middle of the night atm, better pics are comming!)

Thats all i have for now! Next up is the thigh attachment!

Smal update:

I made a way for attaching the sniper to the back of the chest.

IMAG0649.jpg

I used a 6mm steel bolt thing with riffles all the way. Cut it to the right length, bent it, covered it in foam. Used some 6mm nuts, glued 2 of the together and then glued them on the inside of the chest.

IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

Currently i dont have anything that can hold up the chest so that i can take a pic of it while the sniper is on it. Ill do that later on. :)

Love the snipe holder, nice little touch. I hope some one gives some advice on your fan set up cause I need to get some in my helmet and am also not a techy.
Loving what you have done so far and look forward to how the rest of this build pans out :)

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

Update

So it has been some days, alot has happened! Going to make it 2 seperate post now and just throw the pics up here. Made the bag attachment, and also a scope on the sniper(next post). Ill let the pic speak.

IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0661.jpg

IMAG0664.jpg

Inside the scope there is 8 green LEDs powered by a 9v battery, works great! Mostly built in foam and other scraps from scratch. Only had black paint so thats why its only black, but it doesnt look too bad, CON tomorrow so didnt have the time or monney to buy new paint just for the scope. Enjoy!

Bag Attachment! Here are the pics!

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

Built in foam with parachute clips to hold it in place. Thats all i have for now, next update will be of the whole suit FINNISHED! at last, after 1 year of building. Attending a CON tomorrow and a contest the day after that, hoping for top 10. Ill get back ti that in 2-3 days time, until then enjoy! :)

This is looking great!! I want to thank you for sharing your leg pouch method, as I've been kicking this around for a while. It turned out really well. Keep up the good work buddy.

-Matt

Wow both the snipe and bag attachment look really sweet man.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

Awesome work and talent, I wish I had the time and space to do what you do. I hope you look at my attempt at a halo 3 sniper rifle, still a work in progress due to my wife partially destroying it because I was investing too much time in it, lol. I am looking forward to your convention appearance photos and update.

Thank you so much for the support! :)

Just a smal update, first day of Desucon (largest CON in Norway) is now over, it was great. Couldt move more than a meter before there was someone that wanted a pic, it was great. The most funny pic situation was when me and 3 friends went to the con. We walked and as we did a bus showed up, the bus stopped in the middle of the street for the busdriver to take a picture from his seat! It was so funny :p Something thats also a very fun is to walk in the streets and just swarmed by ppl wanting to take a pic.

Tomorrow is the last day of con and the contests, a total of 3 rounds. Hoping for a top 10-5 maybe. Time will tell. More updates to come from the con!

I dont doubt that at all. With all the work you've put into that costume, you could be in the Reach movie if there was one. Are any of your buddies making Reach costumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back