Jun / Reach Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghille Hood

Yes I will be adding a Ghille hood or Blanket to it... Looks like in the original concept they had a correct style hood but then they changed it to more of a camo netting. More than likely easier to model..

252px-Concept_Jun-A266.png

350px-Jun-A266.jpg

the thing with the top image is what gun has he got on his back is it:
A. a new gun
B. a sniper rifle with the barrel taken of
i can't tell

That would be a break down sniper rifle... More than likely it is broke at the barrel.. In fact looking at the concept image above you can see the barrel runs back towards the buttstock plate

I just PDF'ed 46 pages of the sniper rifle... I don't have enough post rank to go shopping if someone has molded one up for sale. I am about 4 pep items away from building the rifle myself..

Well cut the new forearm out today to attempt it again..

I had about a half inch of sniper rifle card stock haunting me.. Figured "what the hell." So built the magazine. It looks pretty close on scale. I have fired a Barrett 82a1 and its pretty tall when its assembled. This guy is gonna be about a foot longer than that!

Completed thumb-hole/trigger group section.. Weaponry definitely has a learning curve to it.. I can say there will be a little build up and sanding on a few places to straighten it out a bit.. I do like that the pep file was broken down into part sections... I am using the file Modeled by L3X BLU3R1V3R Modified and Unfolded by Carpathiavh99

Finally got the revised forearm done!

Whew! this one was a bit of a struggle in the attachment lug area, but it is finally done and I think it looks great.. Didn't have time to set the UGPS unit on top but I think it will line up nicely to the top..

The Thigh Fold Issue

Trick to fix the Thigh - SJSUSpartan/Spartan-029 Unfolded by Ral Partha

Had someone want to know how I solved the Thigh riddle with the bad fold piece for the

Halo Reach Left Thigh (Male) V2
Model by SJSUSpartan/Spartan-029
Unfolded by Ral Partha

It was a little hard to explain but the picture should help.

The piece that has a # 95 on it is the one I had to cut to make it match up.

You can glue #326 to the other #326 part as much as you can.. Then take the part with the #95 glue it to the other #95 and the upper part of the leg..You will find that clearly It doesn't line up below #95. I cut it at an angle and then it lined up to the bottom part. Then I took the little strip part from the inside and glued it down. Then went back to the outside and trimmed off the excess paper (shown fogged out) that covered the indent..

Hope this helps.

Thankyou,

Sorry not to much progress to show. I am re building the chest this weekend from L3X's new MK V chest.. Sniper rifle has a little work done on it and is in my other Thread.. Hoping to start the hardening stage so things are a little more damage proofed till spring..

Just working along on L3X's New MK V torso. I don't remember taking as long on my last torso but then again this one has a quite a lot more details and pieces. Looking like it will be a 2 piece torso to get into it. The scale is fitting great the neck was not a slip over.

Well its 12am and managed to get pretty far for today and to a point where I could do a test fit in.. Getting closer to the point where things get closed up. The back was not on at this point I figure it was safer since I knew it was going to be a tight fit with this version now including the soft armor sides.. Fits nicely so I think I got the scale nailed on the first shot.

No it is not a slip over collar. The back of the neck opening is 5" and tapers to about 4 at the front. So neck fits but head doesn't.

If I had made it slip over my head it would not be at the correct shoulder width.

It is not the case of a design flaw as I think that the inner collar and the neck seal are supposed to be rubberized and not a solid armor item. From photos I have seen it looks as if the collar gets pushed outward toward the inside of the hard armor..

So I will still harden it as a solid armor section but mold the inner collar in a flex foam.. Hope that explains it?

Well its almost done. I had a NW windstorm kill my power last night at 9pm and made no progress last night. So tonight I finished the lower back plate and lower stomach. I started putting in the small insert pieces and Frankenstein'd parts from another model to create the cascading back insert..

I made lex's model too. It truly is amazing and yours looks really good. Thats a good idea for the back inserts. How did you scale them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back