KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the continued support :D

-----

@ Stiilus:
Thanks, Stiilus :D :D. I dig the white, too...but I really want to paint it! I do, however, plan on painting everything together at the very, very end. So you will get to see the whole suit together in its white/grey/black form before it goes to paint :). It may be quite some time before it gets to that point though...I seem to be moving at a snail's pace :p!

@ Drack:
:) Thanks! Your and Roxy's builds helped to convince me that foam was the way to go!

@ Cereal:
Thanks, Cereal! I'm definitely trying to focus and not rush...but I think my pace is more often dictated by my tendency toward distraction, then any tendency toward patience, lol.

@ Nessy:
Haha, yes...the sewing machine's foot! It would be quite the odd image to have vinyl stuck to your actual foot :p. Thanks for continuing to watch the build!

@ Hyper:
:) :) Thank you! I really like your Reach suit. It doesn't even look like foam!

@ Nogood:
Haha...I guess I phrased that kind of odd. I meant that I actually felt like a vegetable/vegging out...I guess "couch potato" probably would have made more sense, lol. And while I do appreciate my tofu and veggies, I also love my BBQ and burgers. Anyway...yes, the vinyl seals are sewn. However, they are not actually sewn into the foam armor piece. They are attached using Velcro tabs.

@ Breach, Thorn, and Sixhill:
Thanks! Glad you all are diggin' the build :)

@ ACDC:
:) Thanks! Yes, it is quite comfortable. It's not overly warm (but, of course, not like wearing a tank top either) and the neck seals themselves do not restrict my movement at all. The only thing that is a little restrictive is the armor itself. The width somewhat limits the range of motion in my shoulders, but nothing major.

-----

Oke doke...now let's get down to business...

It's Update Time! :)

Well, it seems this week's themes were: "LilTyrant is easily distracted" and "everything takes longer than you think it will." In a nutshell, I didn't get as far as I thought I would. I did, however, get my other arm seal together...complete with the extra shoulder pad thing. Here's what it looks like with the undersuit (*note: I'm not wearing the base layer of the neck seal in these pictures):

Upload_Three_02.jpg

And a close up:
Upload_Two_02.jpg

Only the left arm gets the extra shoulder pad, since the right arm is the mechanical prosthetic.

-----

Next Up: After much debate, I decided to start working on the ab plate. Nothing worth showing as of yet, but stay tuned! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF!...
Of all the undersuits ive seen here that have either been purchased or made, this is leaps and bounds beyond them all!
And its not even done!!

Rediculously fantastic work!

Cereal.

I'm speachless.
I feel like i'm a smarter person after reading this post.
Thank you for showing this.

Oh wow! Your undersuit looks amazing! ^_^
When I ever get around to attempting to make one, I'd be happy if it turned out even half as good as yours.

Wow this is fantastic! My girlfriend is debating on doing a Cortana costume or Kat. I'm working on my MK VI so Cortana is perfect for me :p but I for some reason can't find an HD Kat chest pepakura file! How'd you reference her armor for your foam build?

Looking great so far, interested to see what happens with the robot arm.

If you do go for paint, will you be battle damaging it? It'd be interesting to see how scorches and scars work out on foam, since most if not all foam pieces seen on this site have been "clean" armor. Either way I'm sure it'll look fantastic, keep up the good work!

This is hands down one of the best Under-suits on the forms as of today. I would go as far to say top 5 ever made.:D
The line work, textures, and materials, Make it stand out way above the others.

It'll probably stay that way too... Most of us can't sew ;)

Oke doke...now let's get down to business...

To defeat the huns? :p

On a more serious note, very well done! I'm extremely impressed with your craftmanship, and I'm looking forward to stealing your ideas, I mean taking inspiration from your build when I begin work on my own armor and undersuit! (soon... soon...)

Of course 5 stars and subscribed, excellent work
Por supuesto 5 estrellas y suscrito, excelente trabajo

That's awesome! I'm too lazy to make my own armor... And I've been wanting one for years now. Especially now that Rooster Teeth has a convention coming up pretty soon. I really just want to buy the armor. I'd rather pay someone to do it for me. Rofl.

If only I had a fraction of your skill... Need to learn to sew!!! This is so amazing. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but here's one more fan of your awesome work.

Dang little lady! You sure can build some amazing armor!! Everything is turning out so spot on, and I seriously can't wait to see it finished. This is by far my favorite build these days.

wow if this dont get elite status when finished for the undersuit alone i will protest with picket signs and everything lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back