Kelly-087 Foam Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the IMDB picture of the acress, Jenna Berman...

jenna.jpg

While she does have a somewhat long neck, it's not freakishly long or anything. I think the neck seal just accentuated it in the above picture. You also may notice that it looks like she's wearing the cod piece really low. That's most likely because it wasn't built for her in the first place. Since these were re-used from Delivering Hope, they don't fit the new actors perfectly.

@Brynna: You're doing an incredible job with this so far. I'm always amazed to see quality foam work. And you're right to point out that it looks like a "wonky ODST plate" since it is, in fact, an upside-down ODST center stomach plate. If you notice, Fred was also wearing an ODST piece for his stomach plate, an ODST butt plate.

Keep up the good work!

Holy cow she's tiny, no wonder she looks like a toddler in that suit.

Undersuit is coming together nicely :) i agree with Ghost, pants 2.0 looks better. :) Keep up the great work girl

Pants 2.0 look much better! The first set looked a little like shapes just sewn onto pants. These look like the pieces are designed to work together with a function. Great job! I look forward to seeing what comes next!

Thanks! That was the issue I had with the first version too.

Pants 2.0 is definitely tighter, especially that fat-"T" shape on the back. It looks a lot cleaner. Nice work.
Thanks. I’m a lot happier with them. They look a little more realistic.

I agree with Tavern. . . The second pair definitely look better than the 1.0 version. :p
I hope you realize that once you start to modify things, it NEVER ends. . . . OCD Kicks In!!!! :p Keep up the good work.

Thanks! And the OCD thing… yeah. I made the back piece twice because I hated my first one. I’ve got to learn how to slow things down the first time around haha.
Looking great!

Thank you muchly :)

It's cool to see you building a detailed undersuit! It adds and extra level too your suit! I can't wait to see more!!

I agree. All the suits I’ve seen with undersuits just look much more polished. I’m hoping to have a believable, realistic look when all’s finished.
Amazing talent, will be following this thread. Keep up the good work ;)
Lost track of post after that pic...stay on topic, stay on topic...Did you ever think about using liquid latex or silicone rubber - something along those lines to make the parts for the pants? Nice and stretchy and figure hugging so you don't get any 'sag' also the thickness of the latex looks a lot like Halo armour/undersuits.
I have no idea how to work with liquid latex, but I think that’s something I might look into. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Looks awsome. :cool

You've certainly started with the right part to get a lot of people interested ;)

Nevertheless, it looks very promising! The girls on 405th are really good at this, for some reason...

I think lots of the girls on the 405 are perfectionists  Lots of the guys too. So many people on here have epic builds.

armor and undersuit looking good. I'm probably going to get my wife to make an undersuit for my mjolnir, once I'm done with my ODST. Looking forward to some more udates.
Go for it! Undersuits help suits look so much more believable!

BY THE BEARD...0_0
look at that...
that chest piece is looking so good. im in awe.
i like that you got the upside down odst chest plate in there instead of the standard piece.
oh and the tights are looking super good too.

Thanks. I'm pretty psyched with how the chest piece turned out :) I followed LilTyrant's tread for a lot of ideas. Her work is incredible.

Undersuit is coming together nicely :) i agree with Ghost, pants 2.0 looks better. :) Keep up the great work girl

Updates:

I decided to take a break from sewing and got started on the back of my torso :) I made and scrapped version one. It was truely a tragic thing when completed. But I learned from it. Here is the much more polished version 2:

DSC_0273.jpg

There are some little detailed things in the black areas, but they didn't photograph very well.

And here's the back and front together for comparison:
DSC_0274.jpg

I realized after I put everything together that some of the details are backwards but I'm just going to go with it. Artistic liscence ;)

I'm really starting to like this build. It's different, but awesome. I've been waiting to see someone make a FUD master chief costume, but (unless I've missed it) it looks like Kelly-087 is going to be the first fan made FUD armor.

Your under suit is really starting to take off, and looks awesome to boot. :D

I would like to take the time to add one thing tho. When you build a under-suit with all that non breathable material please remember that it gets hot real fast. Keep that in mind as you build, that way you can allow for areas were heat can escape. :cool

I'm loving your build so far, so needless so say you picked up another follower. :D

Actually I want to second Thorn on that. I've so far only worn normal clothes under my armour and you'll be amazed at how hot it gets and how quickly it happens. You could integrate some fans to help cooling though :)

Will you be taking any features from the Halo: Legends Kelly? (the best depiction in my opinion)

The chest and back are looking solid, Brynna. It's amazing how something as simple as tossing craft foam on top of the base layer can add so much awesome to the build.

Your craft foam work is very clean and there are only a few visible seams. You can take a regular tube of bathroom silicone caulk and run a thin bead along those seams. Wet your finger then run your finger over the bead and smooth it out and feather out the edges to hide the silicone. It makes a huge difference for the end result. Looking forward to more updates!

Looks great!
Cool undersuit you made there :)
Also your foam-work is incredibly clean, well done, keep it up!

subscribed +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back