Kiba963's Carter and O.D.S.T. build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed you said your Gauntlets were too wide. I had an Idea I'm going to try with my helm once together. I was gonna suggest using packing foam. Like the kind you'd find in a Gun case to keep the firearm from moving around, Just cut it to your comfort. I've done it for Haloween costume gloves and masks to helpthem fill out better.
You said you used MS paint. So you used Gundam paint markers to paint your carter helm?
I'm just curious.

OH Nooo You fell for it!! The file in the carter where the cheek is the two vent thingies had this bulging piece. I cut it out and just made a hollowed out piece. But you could just dremel it out.

I noticed you said your Gauntlets were too wide. I had an Idea I'm going to try with my helm once together. I was gonna suggest using packing foam. Like the kind you'd find in a Gun case to keep the firearm from moving around, Just cut it to your comfort. I've done it for Haloween costume gloves and masks to helpthem fill out better.
You said you used MS paint. So you used Gundam paint markers to paint your carter helm?
I'm just curious.

Thanks for the foam advice. Also, I spraypainted the helmet, and MS paint is the computer painting system. I took the picture and added a visor in for effect untill I order a visor next week

OH Nooo You fell for it!! The file in the carter where the cheek is the two vent thingies had this bulging piece. I cut it out and just made a hollowed out piece. But you could just dremel it out.

Yeah, I'll do that later thanks

Your Carter helmet look freaking sweet man. Are you planning on making the whole reach armor too? I just recently started using rondo too and man does it make things so much easier. It helped me make the helmet in my avatar pic in about 5 days from including pep time. Keep it up man.

UPDATE: The Attachment is rondoed, but I have a ton of schoolwork today, but let me finish that and some chores, and I'll have pictures posted of it painted with my painted ODST chest #1. Also, I might remake the ODST parts altogether seeing that the HD files are flying out the backend of the forums.

wow nice carter helmet man it looks awesome with all the color and the hayabusa helmet is also looking very good and clean pep work on the hayabusa :)

Finally an update...

Here's the update on my work. I've had schoolwork to tend to, so I couldn't get to this, so I'll keep it short.

HPIM0581.jpg

HPIM0580.jpg

HPIM0579.jpg

HPIM0578.jpg

HPIM0577.jpg

HPIM0569.jpg

HPIM0568.jpg

HPIM0507.jpg

Really good work :)
How many time do you use to make a helmet?

To make the ODST one, let's see the pep building took if I put all the time together, about 2 weeks cause of schoolwork, the resining and rondoing on the inside with that bondo to cover the warping took a day, I still need to sand, prime, and paint it though

The Carter one took a week all together

Sorry for the double post. I have an update. I'm almost done sanding down the ODST Helmet, and then I hope to get some primer real soon so I can base coat it. Then I have to choose between ODST Colors or Orange/Blue Reach colors. I'm having a bit of trouble with the sanding because even with wet sanding, as soon as it dries, everything is kinda powery, and idk how to fix that. I hope to find out soon. I might do a thin layer of bondo over everything I sanded after I'm done sanding. As soon as I can find out to fix my SD slot on my camera, I'll upload some pictures. Untill then, I bid you all farewell.

-The K-9

I think the HUL on Carter's helmet could be rotated a little bit, I don't really think the Commando helmet has it level.
Also, i like the paint, it looks like a brand new Commando helmet.

Okay, so the ODST Helmet has been primed, and I'm gonna Metal Coat it when it get's light outside before I have to go to class. I should be able to have pictures up when it is dry around 3-ish. See you all then.

EDIT: Metal Coat is on, pictures later today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back