Props LeeKegan Reach M6B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee, you are a true artisan in every sense of the word. Every wood working project you do is amazing. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions.

You said that was Poplar wood, from Lowe's?

What kind of sand paper do you use?

What brand of wood glue do you use?

And one more, do you use a jigsaw or band saw to shape your pieces?

Thanks for your time, and please keep sharing your awesome projects with us. :)

PS @ jtr7227, I believe you have to make 100 posts in order to be upgraded. I'm not sure though.

Lee, you are a true artisan in every sense of the word. Every wood working project you do is amazing. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions.

Thanks

You said that was Poplar wood, from Lowe's? Correct

What kind of sand paper do you use? I use 120 grit 1"x30" sanding belt that I tear pieces off of. The Table sander has 80 grit.

What brand of wood glue do you use? Tightbond II premium Wood glue

And one more, do you use a jigsaw or band saw to shape your pieces? Scroll Saw

Thanks for your time, and please keep sharing your awesome projects with us. :)
/QUOTE]

Thanks Lee. I have been kicking around the idea of making wooden weapons for a while now, after I saw you Reach sniper rifle. I have worked with wood before, such as lathe work and gluing and framing, but I still consider myself a beginner. Any words of wisdom you would care to pass on?

I have tons of those little lasers, every time you buy an air-soft gun, theres this little laser, but then you have hundreds, your like, "i'm putting this on my halo gun." im totally doin that now

grandun why dont you make an AR......Ive been constently checking on youtube and here to see you throwdown an amazing ar. Are you agenst the ar or your kids dont want an ar or what man?

Hey Lee, Quick question, where do you get your Poplar wood? I don't know iff its just illusive in AUS or if it is Illusive everywhere? Just wondering, A helping hand in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers, Dave.

Hey Lee, Quick question, where do you get your Poplar wood? I don't know iff its just illusive in AUS or if it is Illusive everywhere? Just wondering, A helping hand in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers, Dave.

I get at Lowe's. I don't know if you have this store in Australia. Here is there site. http://www.lowes.com/?cm_mmc=search_google-_-Brand Core-_-Core Terms Exact-_-lowe's I looked it up and they grow it on tree farms for use in Australia, so you might be able to find it.

Good luck,

Lee

Thanks man... I think our version of Lowes is Pontings, Bunnings and Mitre 10... I'll keep looking for it though... One other thing i probably should have asked before, what sizes do you get? Thankyou good sir...

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks man... I think our version of Lowes is Pontings, Bunnings and Mitre 10... I'll keep looking for it though... One other thing i probably should have asked before, what sizes do you get? Thankyou good sir...

Cheers, Dave.

Most is 1/4 inch or 6 to 7 millimeters in thickness up to 3/4 inch or 2 centimeters in thickness. When I want thinner I sand or cut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back