Lieutenant Commander Catherine-B320 - AceNat's build PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
its getting there..

ready to be sanded! and yes there is a red ring around my face from the respirator, and dust on my chin ahahah :D
79-resize.jpg

78-resize.jpg

80-resize.jpg

im going to be attaching the ab plate to my undersuit or use straps to hold it up. still working on that part haha
81-resize.jpg

83-resize.jpg

82-resize.jpg

ive also starting painting things, so should finish that by friday!
only one shin to harden and the helmet !

question answering time
Very impressive is a understatement! I like how you are scaling it so close to your body size most times people dont take that into consideration. The Paint is looking killer just enuff wear and damage to make it believable but not run over by a warthog looking.
Well Done!! If you need anything just ask.
Cheers!
Thank you Privateer! yeah after the mk vi i felt that i needed the pieces to sit as close to me as possible so it looks more realistic. and the fact that i wont be wearing a motorcycle pressure suit helps.
i love the paint job too! i figured rather than a dirty smudged look the chipped paint scratched looks better. and i sure will if i need anything!
hope you like the pictures and you give me some peeks to your work i would like to see the helmet, you said that the helmet is finished... just bondo, sanded and so on? or only the model?
give it to me, then i try to unfold it.
thanks harican so much!! they have helped, its what im basing my suit off now. there are some details i cant put in but im getting it as close as i can :D
AceNat, I noticed you had a tester for the torso piece and I was wondering where you obtained that file or if its just a custom build.
Also, you deserve a lot of praise for your work. What you've done is simply phenomenal. Your work is spot on and gorgeous. That's true craftsmanship (or craftswomanship ;)) at work.
hey thanks! im afraid the tester i built fits a different chest model. so after i got my hands on the newer model by TheDigitalFix and edited and unfolded by HaloGoddess the tester didnt line up with the new one. i just measured from armpit to armpit and added 20 mm,
after some pulling in of the sides once made its fits perfectly!
WOW! It all looks amazing! One question though: on top of an awesome paint-job will you also be adding in LED's?
Can't wait to see some pics of the helmet.
Oh and BTW your dog is really cute haha
i would put in leds, just not yet. probably after launch for our next convention. i don't have any soldering skills and have no idea where i can buy them from from over here so.. once launch is over im going to go back over the suit to make it better for end of January when we have another convention.
and thanks! helmet is half done so when its finished i'll shove up some pics and the file i used :D
ok i see, i like to do the helmet first, your AR came out way better than mine did and was the robotic arm hard to pep? and you have pretty much finished half or maybe for of the kat armor, (i don't mean completely finished), keep up the good work :)
hey Road Kill!
yes.. the robotic arm was very anoying to pep. i wouldnt reccomend it.. rather scratch build it. would be easier :) and yeah just the helmet left to pep now!!
Ace, if I might suggest sticking a link to every pep file you used into an edit of the first post? It'd make it easier then digging through the pages since this thread just keeps getting more and more popular. :D
your totally right, i shall do that now !
Your so close! DC's FTW!
yeah! DC rule! ahah almost all my shoes are high tops or dcs :p
phenominal work
what do you plan on doing as far as paint goes do you plan on shiny and new looking or battle scarred and used
thank you, im doing the whole suit the same as my shoulder add on. so it is worn but not dirty over the top looking.
wow, the suit is realistic enough and your hot enough you could probably do a walk on role on Attack of the Show! Great job!! epic!
damn it would be awesome to be on AOTS!! i love that show!! :D

more updates soon!

Nat, thanks for the comments on my build. I can only hope my Carter is even half as good as your Kat! One week to Reach, hope we'll both get to complete them in time!

Amazing work Nat :D everything is looking fantastic. I can only hope that my attempt looks half as decent as this. But I think even that is pushing it :p once I get all my materials and learn a little more about the methods and everything on the pep forums I'll make a WIP thread and get started! Any recommendations on which pieces to do first? I'm going to use your Kat thread as my guide as much as I can. Thanks for having this thread up, if it wasn't for you doing this project I probably never would have gotten the guts to try my own. You are an inspiration!

Thanks a ton,
Angela

Awesome suit, great progress. I love that Oonsk there :) I can't wait for more pictures. Show us some soon. I have to make some pictures of my GFs suit.

and again wife standing over my shoulder. wow. the chest piece is incredible. how are you going to hook the ab piece to the chest piece?

pretty sweet AceNat and i thought that the robotic arm would be hard to pep, can't wait to see the helmet and all finished, good luck :) and the chest piece does look very good, i tried to make my own in one of those 3d modling programs because i couldn't find one anywhere and it did not come out good at all :p, once again good luck :)

nice Ace thanks for the answer, I am really digging the paint on the shoulder it matches almost perfectly.
keep up the great work Ace The wife is really on me to get hers done up.

WOOOOO look at that dusty chin!!

AMAZING work, I'm expecting this to be done by reach now, you're doing such an incredible and inspirational job, keep it up for all of us! lol

did you know...

its really hard to take pics with a helmet on with a full visor that isnt see through..
84-resize.jpg

85-resize.jpg

86-resize.jpg

87-resize.jpg

88-resize.jpg

thats the best i can do.. :p
awesome helmet modelled by SJSUSPARTAN, i added a few details, then Iganderson fixed it up and unfolded it!
here is the link, i will also add it to my front page
http://www.4shared.com/file/gEWEFmEc/Kat_Helmet_SJSU__Acenat_Igande.html
going to be resining it tomorrow and then hopefully start hardening it, the part that comes in around the neck is way too small to fit a head through.
so im going to keep it in untill its all hardened then replace a part of it with foam and then place rubber sheeting around it to make it soft and easy to get into !
im really gutted i couldnt get my hands on any black plasti dip rubber spray though.. damn western australia and your awkwardness..
so its going to be flat black unless i find something else..

reply time!
Well done Nat.
- Linehaler
Billy!! how i missed this comment i do not know! if i had more than 1 day off a week i totally would have arranged a resining sesh with you or something! hows the carter going? you so have to get it done by wai-con! oh and on tues 14th do you want to come to rocky mall with me and taylor? well be there between 10 and 12 in the game store! then up to perth for the day
and again wife standing over my shoulder. wow. the chest piece is incredible. how are you going to hook the ab piece to the chest piece?
ahah tell her i say hi! :D
too be honest im not sure yet.. i do have an idea im playing around with at the minute, and that is to use a hinge system on the inside so it has some movement.. still working that out..
Amazing work Nat everything is looking fantastic. I can only hope that my attempt looks half as decent as this. But I think even that is pushing it once I get all my materials and learn a little more about the methods and everything on the pep forums I'll make a WIP thread and get started! Any recommendations on which pieces to do first? I'm going to use your Kat thread as my guide as much as I can. Thanks for having this thread up, if it wasn't for you doing this project I probably never would have gotten the guts to try my own. You are an inspiration!
Thanks a ton,
Angela
always enjoy reading your comments Av! and thank you so much, im sure yours will look awesome, with hardwork and dedication it will turn out great! if you ever need a hand just shout and i'll help out.
well for your first pep i reccomend something easy, maybe the boot toe? or the shin? but honestly, as long as you cut and glue perfectly you can make any model first! my first pep was FlyingS's HD MKVI Helmet, now that was a challenge! but when you learn to be very meticulous about scoring perfectly etc it becomes easy :)
and as i said, if you need a question answered give me a shout! i'll shout right back ^^
WOOOOO look at that dusty chin!!
AMAZING work, I'm expecting this to be done by reach now, you're doing such an incredible and inspirational job, keep it up for all of us! lol
Thanks Pipinacan! oh its going to be done by reach! ^^ im glad to be of some inspiration!
pretty sweet AceNat and i thought that the robotic arm would be hard to pep, can't wait to see the helmet and all finished, good luck, and the chest piece does look very good, i tried to make my own in one of those 3d modling programs because i couldn't find one anywhere and it did not come out good at all :p, once again good luck :)
thanks! yeah its kinda not worth it. but im going to re-model it sometime to make it easier. haha well how do you like the helmet! im seriously looking forward to painting it!
yeah 3d is a pain, but with practise it gets easier. im still learning!
Wow updates look awesome as usual! Can't wait to see this thing all painted!
8 DAYS!
hey Frockliffe!! thanks! oh my godddd 7 days now!!
continuing to look sweet as ace :) hope you get it done by launch!! :D
thanks lemon! hah i hope i do aswel! :p
Awesome suit, great progress. I love that Oonsk there :) I can't wait for more pictures. Show us some soon. I have to make some pictures of my GFs suit.
thanks storm! haha yeah i love the oonsk too! :D
nice Ace thanks for the answer, I am really digging the paint on the shoulder it matches almost perfectly.
keep up the great work Ace The wife is really on me to get hers done up.
your welcome! haha well start working on hers!! got to please the wife right? :D
Nat, thanks for the comments on my build. I can only hope my Carter is even half as good as your Kat! One week to Reach, hope we'll both get to complete them in time!
hey your welcome! im sure you will get it done! good luck to us both : D

Helmet looks amazing, glad the pep worked out for you.

Also I'm jealous of your sizing abilities, the pieces always seem to look just right.

haha thanks! i actually built the visor part 2 times before i decided it was big enough, that original size i gave you was way too small! i try and size perfectly, i cant stand stuff that looks too big or small, after my chief build i really go out of my way to make this stuff spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back