Loess' Halo 2 Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeep, triple post. But it has been three months and there's new progress to show.

The shins are finally on their way!

th_H2ODST309.jpgth_H2ODST310.jpgth_H2ODST311.jpg

'Glassing is done. Oh, how I hate fiberglass. They're ready for bondo and detailing. I have a week to get these wearable, and I have to pull a mold off the helm, since I've already prepped it. I've been kinda leery of breaking into that rubber, since I don't have much experience, but I really need to, since it won't stay good forever. I'd also like to get it molded before Gencon, so I don't have to wear my masters to a con again.

th_H2ODST312.jpg

Ready for bondo.

Awesome work! I am also making a H2 ODST suit, but mine isn't nearly as detailed...I don't have that kind of patience. I'm the kind of person that, if I can't finish it in 1-2 weeks, I usually stop. But not this time! Ill at least get a half decent suit lol.

But I would TOTALLY buy a cast of yours :D

Sweet looking ODST you've got. It's good to see another Helljumper suiting up.

I've finally got the pics from three weeks ago online, still need to finish the mother mold for this. I kinda screwed up scheduling around Gencon, then had other things to do last weekend. Hopefully, the rest of the molds won't take too long.

th_H2ODST313.jpgth_H2ODST314.jpgth_H2ODST315.jpgth_H2ODST316.jpg

th_H2ODST317.jpgth_H2ODST318.jpgth_H2ODST319.jpgth_H2ODST320.jpg

Finally getting these photos put up, I spent last Saturday putting the first rough coat of bondo on them while my fiance and her mom went looking for wedding dresses....

th_H2ODST322.jpgth_H2ODST323.jpgth_H2ODST324.jpgth_H2ODST326.jpgth_H2ODST327.jpg

I'll be working on them more today, have to get these wearable for the release of ODST. I also have to get the mold for the helm finished, so I can wear it again.

*EDIT*

Today's progress.

th_H2ODST332.jpgth_H2ODST331.jpgth_H2ODST330.jpgth_H2ODST333.jpg

Got the rough bondo sanded, and sketched out the details to apply with illustration board after the pin holes, bubbles, and pits are filled with spot putty.

I'm liking how this is all coming together, buddy :D

The helmet looks great (hope you can get to wearing it again soon), and I can't wait to see how those raised details on the shin pieces are going to look ;)

Even though I'm more of a fan of the Halo 3 ODST suit, you give the Halo 2 version a lot of justice.

Thanks, guys! I haven't been able to make as much progress this week as I'd hoped. My dad, Annie, and I have been prepping madly for an art show this weekend. Still trying to work in a little armor building, though.\

I do like the various versions of the H3 ODST a lot, but I like the old-school H2, too.

A little bit of silver weathering and strapping, and this is done. A year of work finished. I love the thought of that.

Cut out and applied the illustration board details yesterday and this morning.

th_H2ODST338.jpgth_H2ODST337.jpgth_H2ODST335.jpgth_H2ODST339.jpgth_H2ODST346.jpgth_H2ODST347.jpg

th_H2ODST344.jpg

The mold is finished, I'll strip it off the master tomorrow.

*EDIT*

Finally, FINISHED!!!

It only took me a year to do it. I started this project originally because I thought I could bang it out in a month.... That worked well.

th_H2ODST348.jpg

And the mold for the helm is done. It's not very good work, but hopefully it'll last for a few pulls to pay for the lesson.

th_H2ODST350.jpgth_H2ODST351.jpgth_H2ODST352.jpgth_H2ODST349.jpg

If the weather will cooperate, we'll be taking some pics of this suit all together this weekend.

The weather did cooperate, and my fiancé and I were able to get out to a local prairie remnant to take some photos.

These are all taken in Five Ridge Prairie, in the Loess Hills of north-west Iowa. My summer job back in college was taking care of places like this, I miss that job....

And now, Pic dump!

th_9-26-09_photo_002.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_006.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_018.jpg

th_9-26-09_photo_037.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_042.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_050.jpg

th_9-26-09_photo_060.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_066.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_069.jpg

th_9-26-09_photo_078.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_079.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_097.jpg

th_9-26-09_photo_112.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_113.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_114.jpg

th_9-26-09_photo_118.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_125.jpg th_9-26-09_photo_134.jpg

th_9-26-09_photo_147.jpg

Personally, I really like the H2 ODST armor, and you sir, have done a fine job of recreating it. That is a pretty sweet visor btw. Did you manage to put any bends in it?

Cheers!

You've got to be the only one that I know of to pursue the h2 odst into such depth. It looks awesome, and you did a very nice job. Also that mold looks good too.

Thanks, guys!

@Sniperbaas392: I didn't really have to do much to the visor, the normal HJC fit really well, once I'd trimmed it.

@ Mac: thanks, this was my first try at mold building; I need to pull a few helms, and get started on the other molds now. :D

Like Sniperbass said, you're probably the only one to have devoted so much time and effort into detailing the HALO 2 ODST armour so well. Stellar job, buddy. It looks great, all come together! *thumbs up* :D

As for your first molding attempt, damn good job. If you did this with all parts of the armour, I don't doubt there would be a few here that would jump for the chance to get their hands on this ;)

SPARTAN II said:
Like Sniperbass said, you're probably the only one to have devoted so much time and effort into detailing the HALO 2 ODST armour so well. Stellar job, buddy. It looks great, all come together! *thumbs up* :D

As for your first molding attempt, damn good job. If you did this with all parts of the armour, I don't doubt there would be a few here that would jump for the chance to get their hands on this ;)

Thanks, SII!

There was plenty of interest, way back when I put up a thread in the classifieds for this. Hopefully, it doesn't take me too long to make the other molds and get some casts for the H2 fans. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like all the custom details you drew and then added onto the low-def pep models! That's really cool! In a throng of so many H3: ODST armorers, it's nice to see someone keepin' H2 alive. By the way, I don't know if you've ever been there, but the place where you are in the pic dump looks strikingly similar to the Appalachian Trail. At least, the part where I was, lol.

Nightshade said:
I really like all the custom details you drew and then added onto the low-def pep models! That's really cool! In a throng of so many H3: ODST armorers, it's nice to see someone keepin' H2 alive. By the way, I don't know if you've ever been there, but the place where you are in the pic dump looks strikingly similar to the Appalachian Trail. At least, the part where I was, lol.

Thanks!

I've never gotten to hike the Appalachian Trail, but I'd like to some day.

Loess said:
Thanks!

I've never gotten to hike the Appalachian Trail, but I'd like to some day.

wow, i just ran through this whole thread. and i sir, am jealous and flabergasted at your attention to detail...mine doesn't even come close and i thought i would be done in a few weeks, i guess i better head back to advance auto parts and get more resin and bondo to start a new version...i need to bring up my game...this is the gold standard...if my gf gives me back my camera, ill post pics of my progress...but its not close to anything like you man, wow...CONGRATS im still in disbelief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back