LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
flippin' sick. Master Chief DJ, baby! (sound of beat boxing) j/k. That is some sick stuff, dude. Glad I could help with the chest splitting idea. hope everything works out! Way cool to see how your progress is going, and thanks for the advise with Rondo.

Progress Update

Started to cut out the speaker and LED Panel holes.
You can also see where I plan on adding the magnets and vibration activated LED flashers (red and blue). "My shields are regenerating!"
im000874.jpg

Speaker holes on the front and more markings showing where the LED flashers will be
im000873.jpg

LED Panel Holes for the Thighs.
im000877.jpg

LED Panel Holes for the back of the Shins
As you can see I'm in the Bondo stage of things
im000878.jpg

Spent half the day looking for paint that matches Master Chief's Armor.
The best match that I could find, in Canada, is Rust-Oleum's Painter's Touch Satin Oregano. Rona has them.
im000864.jpg

Test sprayed a tester shin. Don't worry about the bright green at the bottom of the shin... I was playing with some of the Green Fluorescent paint for future ideas. In any case, this is the closest match that I could find. It actually looks better in real life. The camera does not do the color any justice.
im000869.jpg

Cheers!

Very nice! Awsome job, longshot. You goin' for a worn and battle-damaged look or a more clean, fresh-out-of-the-factory look? when do you plan to have the whole schebang done and worn?

Very nice! Awsome job, longshot. You goin' for a worn and battle-damaged look or a more clean, fresh-out-of-the-factory look? when do you plan to have the whole schebang done and worn?

Fresh out of the factory but with some wear and tear. Hoping to have it all done before the realease of Reach.

i am super excited about your chest and back ideas..
inspiring me to do the same with mine.
but im still pepping my chest

Glad that your excited about those ideas.
Since that you have chosen to use the exact same Chest as mine, by FlyingSquirl. Feel free to implement them.
I'm hoping to provide good pics of the process for all of you to follow.

For me the pepping part was extremly boring and time consuming. This is the longest part of the project.
Here are a few things that I did to keep myself going:
- Listen to some of my fav TV shows.
- Listen to some good tunes.
- Read progress posts from others on the 405th. <-- This is keeps me motivated and inspired!
- Post progress posts for others on the 405th --> To help keep all of you on the 405th motivated and inspired. VERY IMPORTANT!
- Working on my progress site: www.longshot-x.com/haloarmor.aspx ---> eventually this with be a visual "how to" site.
- Posting pics and such on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/DrLongShotX Then reading the encouraging responses.

Good luck with your pepping!

wait, is that you in your profile picture?

It most definitly is. I was in my Ninja outfit on Halloween day. I used the built in web cam on an iMac at work to take the pic. LOL!
hmmmmm... as you can guess... I like ninja's :cool

I used the exact color on my suit before I went red with it. It's a great color, and it was about as close as I could find as well. I wasn't too crazy about the satin sheen so I went over everything in flat clearcoat.

great progress by the way.

I used the exact color on my suit before I went red with it. It's a great color, and it was about as close as I could find as well. I wasn't too crazy about the satin sheen so I went over everything in flat clearcoat.

great progress by the way.

Thanks very much!

And I must say: I like your suit! I'm hoping that mine will turn out just as good as yours.
I also liked your method for installing the visor.
Very well done Thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/17664-My-First-Helmet-armor-Build

Kudos! :cool

dude this is really impressive hahaha
every day the first thing i look on the internet is your blog :p Good WorK...!!

It excites me to here that I'm at the top of your list for internet visits. I am very Honored!

I have to say that your Iron man suit is doing very AWESOME!
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25922-IM-Mark-VI-Using-Robo-s-Files(pics-heavy)

Thanks for your positive comments. They do keep me motivated.

I think I need to put a Hit counter on it. Just for some laughs!

Cheers!

Progress Update

Thanks to Liq's Progress Thread.
I'm going to install some HDD magnets to the bottom of the 2 chest pieces.
They will be used instead of clips or Velcro for the bottom chest attachments.
Again using LOTS of Epoxy and using craft sticks for additional permanent support of the magnets. Yes those magnets are that strong!
im000901.jpg

another view
im000902.jpg

Started frosting the Plexiglas for the LED panels.
Using templates from the PDO's to figure out how much Plexi I need
im000879.jpg

Buzzed it off with the Dremel
im000880.jpg

Applied 5 coats of this stuff to BOTH sides.
Letting it dry over night.
im000881.jpg

Other than those side processes.... I am still Bondoing and sanding the rest of the pieces

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
outstanding work! cant wait to see the finished product. your pepping is a huge motivation to get my own done. just wish i had more time!! hitting "subscribe" now.

hey longshot could you take a look at my left forearm (its in a thread in the noob forum) it just seems like the wrist is to small yet the back end is huge! maybe this is just my first time and that is how it is suppose to look, well thanks man

also could you draw up a diagram for your magnet chest? sounds like a good idea

could you draw up a diagram for your magnet chest? sounds like a good idea

I'll have better pics of how it works, after the Epoxy has hardend and I have removed the green tape.
Should be posted late tomorrow.

Kudo's!

Progress Update

Master Chief's helm has had enough time to heal.
Now onto getting the visor to fit perfectly into the helm:
Cling wrap the visor
Use packing tape to keep the cling wrap tight and safe from scratchs
Install the visor and use packing tape to hold it in place
img00014857.jpg

Apply the foam around the edges where the visor meets the helm
img00014858.jpg

It should look like this after the foam has just been applied
img00014859.jpg

Sit back and watch it expand.
I'll let it harden overnight so that I can safely remove the visor and then sand off the excess.
img00014860.jpg

The magnet's work!
They are so strong that they can pull the back chest piece off of the table to make the connection. Yet they are easy enough to pull apart to get out of the suit. PERFECT!
im000914.jpg

Neodymium magnets are brittle, so I'll need to give them some extra reinforcement. MORE EPOXY!
I'll take better pics with the good camera later on.
im000906.jpg

Finished cutting out all of the LED and speaker ports. (I will post pics of these later)
Picked up some foam padding for the Shins and Forearms.
Continuing to Bondo and sand

Cheers!

did you use 4 HDDs? cuz i just broke my old one(4gb Western Digitial Caviar)! lol OR 2 HDDs and then used random metal peices?

btw, these magnets are strong as heck!!!!
:D

did you use 4 HDDs? cuz i just broke my old one(4gb Western Digitial Caviar)! lol OR 2 HDDs and then used random metal peices?

btw, these magnets are strong as heck!!!!
:D

2 Hard Drives. Each HDD has 2 identical magnets. You can definitly use just 2 magnets and 2 metal pieces. You can use the metal pieces in the HDD. Those would be the pieces that the magnets are attached too. Just be carefull when removing the magnets, as they are brittle. I broke a few out of my failed collection of HDD's

Good Luck with your build.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back