LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remeber to take amazing pics of your strapping! x.x I'm an idiot at times, and even after reading the Strapping 101 tutorial, I still felt lost :p

sadly, early work day for me tomorrow so ill just have to wait and see what is waiting in store for me for when i get home :D good luck and keep up the amazing work!

So, I go away for a little bit, and then WABLAMMO!!!! there are like, 50 new pages on this thread. The awesome thing about this thread is that I can tell you're excited about it, and that makes it one of the best things to read. (especially on the internet...) AWESOMESWEETCOOL Job on the boots, and the LED's, dude. I thought there was a glow about this project... lol
And I hope that the visor thing does prove useful, should you try to implement it. Too bad there's not a way to computerize a visor, and attach it to a night-vision scope... oh well, some things are just too cool to actually exist, I guess.

I think I can explain Caboose4's actions for voting no to your poll. Probably, they never actually read through it, and were like, "hmmm, every one else is saying yes, I'll say no just to be different *clicks no* ok,..." and then they walked off. Probably what happened. Because THIS BUILD IS WAY TO SUPER WELL DOCUMENTED, EXECUTED, AND FINISHED (SO FAR...) TO NOT BE ELITE STATUS!!! Or maybe it's because you only used fiberglass mesh and not kevlar mesh, or titanium alloy, or something. Hey Longshot, you have any plans for building another Mk VI outta kevlar or titanium alloy? If you do, can I have it? :) ???

Ok... we came upon another problem. With all of the strapping in place and the undersuit on and the bicepts in place... I cannot reach the parachute clips to get out of the torso. LOL's That means I need to advance one of my "later" modifications to ASAP.

The solution will be to remove the parachute clips from the torso and use the "Rare Earth" magnets. ie the same procedure I used for the lower portion of the torso. Good thing my bro was here... Or I'd be stuck as an incomplete Master Chief. I wish we had taken pics of that...

In the mean time... I am waiting for the Epoxy to harden over night. It was used to glue in the support straps into the thighs. I have a picture process of that... These straps will be connected directly to the Load Bearing Harness. Which in turn has been integrated into the Six Six One Under Armor. I have pics of that too.

I've decided that for tonight... I'll make an exception and post the pictures in the morning. Sorry guys! I'm just sooo beat with todays work that I cannot tthink straight. Need sleep!

Cheers!

Progress Update

Ok... keeping things short and sweet due to time management.

Inside shot of the Shin's LED electronics.

im000017.jpg

Pics of those pieces. All lit up and waiting for strapping and padding.
im000024.jpg

This is all that's left to work on. I believe that I can get it all done within the span of 2 weeks. Its the Bondo and Sanding that is the time consuming part.
im000042.jpg

The Load Bearing shoulder straps are fed through the SixSixOne's strapping's. Very easy to do. The shoulder connectors will not be connected to the Belt... They will be connected directly to the the Thigh pieces.
img00012832.jpg

Back side pic. So far everything is snug and lines up nicely. No cramping or pinching anywhere. As you can see in the pic, I found some grey carpet floor padding. All I had to do was stuff in 3 layers. The shins no longer spin around. I just need to trim them and then glue them in place.
img00012813.jpg

Pics of the installing the strap loops into the thighs
img00018944.jpg

I use the soldering stick to burn the holes into the webbing. Then I place a Grommet into the hole for reinforcement.
img00018953.jpg

Epoxy the strap into the thigh
img00019027.jpg

Do that for each side of the thigh piece
img00019028.jpg

Let it sit over night. That should give the Epoxy enough time to get full strength.
img00019030.jpg

I have encountered a few problems:
The paint on the blue plungers was not the correct paint to use. I'll be picking up some Plasti Coat paint for it. Its more flexible and works better on plastic.

One of the Thigh straps came off... I had a feeling that it would due to poor mixing of the epoxy.

After having a much needed sleep. I decided not to worry about the chest's clips. I'll deal with it after the release of reach. I've got lots of people around to help me out of the suit... so no worries there.

Today is a 1/2 day due to having to go to work and earn some $$$'s
Focusing on painting the Forearms. Repairing the one strap and the boot LED's

Cheers!

AWESOME EPICNESS OF GIGANTIC PROPORTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, Longshot, this is the best pepakura armor I've seen anywhere on the forums. Those extra LED's are Suh-WEEET! I wish I was Canandian so I could see you at the gamestore when Reach is released. The heck with the video game, I'd be there just to check out your armor and how you made it and everything. Good work. Don't let this project die.

1. Love how you take so many pictures of your progress. Sometimes people don't take enough, but you take plenty.
2. I can't wait to see how the upper portion of the suit turns out, and when its all done and fit together.
3. Aha we have the same tiger blanket.
4. This is a good thread for early beginners to follow along with; it is filled with so much information.

Ok last update for the day, before heading off to work.

2nd coat of Base color on the Forearms --and-- Wrist plates are primed and ready for painting!

im000043.jpg

The Thigh strap that needed repairing is DONE and is holding.

Bondo for the cod piece is about 70% done.

Cheers

hey longshot, how did you cut the areas out for the LED's? A dremel cut wheel just doesn't seem like the tool of choice.

hey longshot, how did you cut the areas out for the LED's? A dremel cut wheel just doesn't seem like the tool of choice.

I used a dremel router bit. Cutting wheel is too large for some of those small areas. I know, cause I tried and messed up the area... had to bondo and file the mistake. LOL's

Cheers!

Lookin' good, lookin' good, Longshot. I'm excited.

I also think that this is almost sticky worthy, (but we'll let those high and mighty ones of the site determine that...) Here are my grounds for thinking thusly:
1: This thread has all the information you need to get a suit finished.
2: It is relatively simple to follow, has plenty of pictures, and includes links to the places where the information can be found.
3: It Incorporates some old and tested, and some revolutionary ideas, that can be implemented or adjusted to personal preference. (I'm using some basic stuff from here on my ODST build. Had I the ability, I'd post pics and start my own thread! Lol) AND
4: This is freakin' awesome! Wish this had existed in January when I started pepakura stuff!

Anyway, here's to your health! Keep the pics comin'!

Lookin' good, lookin' good, Longshot. I'm excited.

I also think that this is almost sticky worthy, (but we'll let those high and mighty ones of the site determine that...) Here are my grounds for thinking thusly:
1: This thread has all the information you need to get a suit finished.
2: It is relatively simple to follow, has plenty of pictures, and includes links to the places where the information can be found.
3: It Incorporates some old and tested, and some revolutionary ideas, that can be implemented or adjusted to personal preference. (I'm using some basic stuff from here on my ODST build. Had I the ability, I'd post pics and start my own thread! Lol) AND
4: This is freakin' awesome! Wish this had existed in January when I started pepakura stuff!

Anyway, here's to your health! Keep the pics comin'!

I'm hoping to be able to slow down after the release of reach and then continue with more detailed Tuts and pics and such... I love taking the pics of the process and detailing the step by step procedures.
Have no fear... I don't plan on leaving any time soon. In fact I like it here!
If its sticky worthy... that's cool with me. If not... that's cool too.
After all I do plan on making my website a place to help compliment my thread here.
Eventually I would like to do videos on some of the crafting process's and ideas. We'll see. Yea... you'd finaly get to hear me. :p

Pic's will continue to come!

Cheers!

1. Love how you take so many pictures of your progress. Sometimes people don't take enough, but you take plenty.
2. I can't wait to see how the upper portion of the suit turns out, and when its all done and fit together.
3. Aha we have the same tiger blanket.
4. This is a good thread for early beginners to follow along with; it is filled with so much information.

I can't wait either!
Ahhh the tiger blanket. My cat, "SCSI", like's that blanket. (Pronounced "SCUZZY")
Im hoping to continue to add more and more!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back