Mark VI high-def foam armor WIP

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Gamemaster, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Gamemaster

Gamemaster Member

Hey 405th, it's been awhile since I've updated this thread, I've done some more mods and been out and about to a few events. Here is a picture from our local x-mas parade in our local paper, I wasn't in the parade but I still got the 2nd largest photo on the page (cause that's how the Chief rolls)
    Parade.jpg
    I've put the sole and treads on my boots, redid the front chin area of my helm, added another fan in the top of the helm to vent steam buildup and added a voice modulator and speaker taken from an Optimus Prime toy mask. All said and done I stand 6'10" and tower over the majority of people while still looking mostly proportionate, I still need to do more tweaking (continual WIP) and will post some pictures soon. Considering the size of this armor you might be suprized to find a 6' tall skinny old man pop out of this armor (I can take it off in 5 minutes or less)

Attached Files:

2. Gamemaster

Gamemaster Member

Spartan Intimidator 117 is still active and has received some upgrades, mainly in the comfort department as well as an upgrade in badassitude. For comfort I changed the battery array in the helmet and added some softer padding. I also added an abdomen belt and use it as a harness to keep the thigh armor in place. This works the best, much better than kneestraps or velcro to the pants. The other upgrades are obvious in the photos.

100_4774.jpg

100_4771.jpg

The bus is late!
    100_4815.jpg

That would explain alot...
    100_4843.jpg

Riding a bus
    100_4816.jpg
    The chest speakers are functional, they are quite loud in fact, and the 4 flashlights in the helm combine for 36 LEDs. If you want more photos you will have to bug Longshot-X, he has a roll I'm sure.

Attached Files:

3. morkar78

morkar78

this.....is....fantastic....

4. T086

T086 Jr Member

You have one of the best chief builds I have seen. Congrats on pulling off an awesome job.

5. Gamemaster

Gamemaster Member

Well, it's been about a year and the old Spartan Intimidator pops out of his cyro tube for the day. He needed a new handplate and a few paint touch ups and he then went out to attend a middle school costume party and then back home to babysit. Here are a few pics:

At the door to the dance
    100_6959.jpg

Inside the dark dance room the 36 LEDs in the helm lit the way
    100_6971.jpg

The kids loved it
    100_6977.jpg

On the walk home
    100_6984.jpg

And a shot with the happy baby
    100_6996.jpg

feeding the baby... whoa, Intimidator, a little less on the spoon!
    100_7004.jpg

Attached Files:

LongShot X and Termhn like this.