Master Chief - Mjolnir - Mark 6 - Halo 3 - 3D printable armor files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated for TPU Prints: Halo 3 - Mark 6 - Master Chief Armor Set - No Helmet by moesizzlac

EDIT (thank you G TaS): Need to give a nod to Phil Shinner and his work here: (Halo 3 Abdominal undersuit section.).
Nothing beats Latex when it comes to a decent mold and body forming wrap.

These were modeled using his pictures. Thank you!

Back Panel / Front Panel
Untitled01.jpg
Untitled02.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my dear sweet lord, those look great!! Your continued contribution to the community will be appreciated by many! Thank you
-Matt

No Problem. I already made some adjustments to the mold. V2 is up. I wanted a solid back so that it can print completely flat. I also wanted to take away some of the edges so that it looks a little more smooth.

No Problem. I already made some adjustments to the mold. V2 is up. I wanted a solid back so that it can print completely flat. I also wanted to take away some of the edges so that it looks a little more smooth.
how will you be making the midsection by excellur8? i have the same midsection thats really made by phil shinner

how will you be making the midsection by excellur8? i have the same midsection thats really made by phil shinner

Is Phil Shinner the original creator of the mold? Can you show me the thread?

I just looked at pictures and modeled it. If he is, I'll update the post and give credit where credit is due, no worries.

have my first print of it running now. 22 hours for 7"x 9" section and only about 5mm tall.

I just looked at pictures and modeled it. If he is, I'll update the post and give credit where credit is due, no worries.

have my first print of it running now. 22 hours for 7"x 9" section and only about 5mm tall.
I am including the link to where phil sells his midsection for $140.

I am including the link to where phil sells his midsection for $140.

Thanks G TaS. Updated the original post and thingiverse post.

These are looking great and yes Phil is the creator of the latex midsection wraps. He sells them as unassembled kits. I have only helped a few people with tips on how to assemble them to fit properly as they usually need to be trimmed down before assembly so that they line up perfectly on the abdomen and middle of the back. I've also incorporated a zipper and shoulder straps to keep well in place.
20190828_220324.jpg20190828_220313.jpg

The chest detail on the torso however is something that I freehanded and recently built out in foam. This was designed for Jomomma008 and his amazing 3d print torso. I made copies of the templates to use in the future on more torsos. Awesome to see this now offered in a 3D print version! It really completes the look of the torso I think. I permanently mounted this chest detail and back of the neck detail to his 3d print torso using super glue initially for bond then my favorite Shoe Goo reinforcement on the inside for strength, which turns out to work amazingly on PLA as well as my more normal use on all EVA foam building that I do. The torso is really easy to get on/off because the torso separates into 2 halves right down the middle where the game detail latches are, like I would imagine the armor to separate in the game. I also joined the power packs to the back armor with EVA to simulate the undersuit that separates between them in the game. Gives the rigid printed back a little tint bit of flex. Really enjoying this thread and seeing all the classic MK6 love!!
IMG_20190925_185337_541.jpgIMG_20190925_185337_568.jpg20190928_164113.jpgIMG_20190925_185337_548.jpg20181120_183523.jpg

As far as I know, I don't think anything can beat Lycra and Latex.

On a related note, may I suggest that if you print this, give it like a 10 - 20% infill and don't print any top layers. I just took this picture and I love the look. of the unfinished top layer. I'll let mine finish and take a look at the finished product before I decide if it's worth a 2nd print without top layers.

20191007_090515.jpg

On a related note, may I suggest that if you print this, give it like a 10 - 20% infill and don't print any top layers. I just took this picture and I love the look. of the unfinished top layer. I'll let mine finish and take a look at the finished product before I decide if it's worth a 2nd print without top layers.

View attachment 279200
How flexible is this? Very cool looking!

View attachment 279200
why no top layer?

Yeah so picture a thick piece of rubber. It is malleable and with a heat gun, I was able to make it curve to my body. It is not painted yet so I suspect it'll look better after that.

20191007_182658.jpg
20191007_182702.jpg

20191007_182739.jpg

Word to the wise...Using glue stick on glass...this thing sticks as if I used liquid nails. I had to really persuade it off with a razor scraper (the small ones you use to take a sticker off a window).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back