Master Chief Speed Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
JediStumpy said:
that's really really good...i wish i coould paint that good so i could paint my suit like that!

Is ok...He looks out of proportion.

This one is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Gosh!

What program are they using!!

I think its a programm where you take a picture and it like reverses it.....Goes back to white paper. Then they rewind the video so it goes forward. so they have an video of wite...to chief then they speed it up! Easy, it's all fake! Or if it isnt it was done in like photoshop/paintshop.

smilie120 said:
Is ok...He looks out of proportion.

This one is better.

Nah, the first is superior, for the following reasons

1. Original pose: not going off of official art to get the anatomy
2. Original background: Doesnt use an existing picture, the second one used a picture of a desert and painted on to it.
3. Better paint job: Shading and lighting effects

As for Proportions, Done in the name of Stylization

(and by paint, i mean digital painting)

The first is really good, and I totally believe he did it as an original work, but those people on that site have to morons if they believe he did it that fast in real time. It was done and then they time elapsed it for effect. Also, he is using photoshop, I recongnized the brush palette that popped up every now and then. Either way that guy has some real talent and a real eye for all those details.

Second one looks real as well. You wouldn't see all those toolbars popping up if it wasn't real. Also, notice the palette that he made himself for color reference. He also has talent, I'd say it's a close one between the two.

-Magnum

I think they both look very good. They're different styles of speedpaint and art.
And neither are fake, that's absurd. They're just experienced.

And just because the video is sped up doesn't mean this would have been an all day project... deviantArt and ConceptArt are filled with speedpainters who do this level of quality work in 2 1/2 hours or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back