Masterchief H4 Gen2 Markvi - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh that for sure works a lot better! Sometimes the base pieces can be off scaled when you initially open the pep, I've had to double check that myself a few times
Honestly I am pretty sure I just went full tard and had the wrong avatar loaded in armorsmith when I scaled those pieces. Sad day. but lesson learned

Why regrets? It's great seeing the process of paper being more solid when coated with layers of resin.

Oh and the new abdomen piece looks great! Much better now together with chest piece.

Why regrets? It's great seeing the process of paper being more solid when coated with layers of resin.

Oh and the new abdomen piece looks great! Much better now together with chest piece.
Oh the regrets are very specific to the LOE involved in sanding. Haha. I am definitely happy with the abdomen piece, now I am trying to think whether I need to add (or how to add) the odd armor looking piece directly under the abdomen piece. Idk at this point

Attachments

• 9D5CB7F3-ADE4-4DBC-85E3-3CE6D1DE8EF4.png
    9D5CB7F3-ADE4-4DBC-85E3-3CE6D1DE8EF4.png
    571.4 KB · Views: 101
Oh the regrets are very specific to the LOE involved in sanding. Haha. I am definitely happy with the abdomen piece, now I am trying to think whether I need to add (or how to add) the odd armor looking piece directly under the abdomen piece. Idk at this point

If you want to make that crotch piece I'd definitely recommend doing this out of foam or any other flexible fabric. It's part of the techsuit/undersuit.

Shoe test today. Not great, but a good start.

Hey it IS great! Love those shoes and already looking so good. It's just a very early test. How are you gonna connect that smaller middle section over the front piece?

0B535E46-0510-45D1-A354-0D05AAF9B7D7.jpeg

Supports for the thighs installed. Got the first outer layer of resin on. Prepping to finish resining tomorrow.

Currently printing chiefs helmet. We are at 27 hours for 1/9 pieces.

I am heading out of town to the other side of the country on Friday for a week. So progress updates will be slowed hoping to bust out some progress tomorrow and Thursday though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83

I’ve started printing pieces ive already built out of fiberglass lol. Thinking two sets of armor now? Hmm

I partially worked on this piece to get it just right in blender, but the base file is from the 405th repo.

And it fits!! Minimal cleanup. Will need some padding. Super excited!

been on vacation - printing the leg armor at the moment. fiberglassing starts again on sunday. 'm going to have to step it up to finish this dude by february. i feel like i need an accountability buddy lol. why am i so LAZY?!

Making progress!
It’s been forever since an update, oh boy.

All armor pieces are built or printed. Helmet is halfway put together and the circuit for the soundboard for special audio effect has been built.

Working on the final layers of resin and bondo. I am in sanding hell.

Attachments

• IMG_2010.MOV
    14.7 MB
  • IMG_2007.MOV
    7.1 MB
  • IMG_2004.MOV
    6.6 MB
So I am going to work on actually capturing my progress on here for this build.

Currently I have done:

Pep:
Chest piece - front
Chest piece - back (although I think I’m going to update some pieces)
One boot
Currently working on other boot
View attachment 321873View attachment 321875View attachment 321876View attachment 321877View attachment 321878View attachment 321881

View attachment 321874

I completed a test piece for fiberglass. Which is good because I saturated the **** out of one piece and it lost its structure and got all wonky. Less is more for the glass ya all
View attachment 321880

Electronics schematic (high level)

Helmet:
View attachment 321884
Body:
View attachment 321885

I’ll get more into the electronics once some of the components arrive. These are just hiiiiigh level overviews to help me identify pieces to purchase. And I’m probably missing things even at a high level lol.

Let’s talk about some things the I LOVE
WORKSPACE: I don’t like to pep in one single spot. This is a puzzle tabletop thing. Normies build puzzles on it, I use it for pep. It also has little drawers on the sides to hold my stuff, which is dope. Plus I can pick up the board and move my workspace from room to room. Definitely convenient
View attachment 321882

Tools:

By far my favorite part
Spring loaded snippers - super useful on the hand in small spaces
Circuit vinyl weeder - this thing looks like a dental tool. It pretty much is, and I use it to score the paper to fold it.
Thin nose glue gun - get into the tiny cracks wayyyyy easier.

If you have any suggestions for tools - let me know!
View attachment 321883
Nice!

Making progress!
It’s been forever since an update, oh boy.

All armor pieces are built or printed. Helmet is halfway put together and the circuit for the soundboard for special audio effect has been built.

Working on the final layers of resin and bondo. I am in sanding hell.
Looking Good!! Are you sanding by hand or are you using a mouse sander on everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back