Masterchief H4 Gen2 Markvi - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now… by hand. Which is taking forever. I might break down and go pick up a hand sander… but I’m trying to skimp on my budget because I want to buy stupid expensive gorgeous paint. Lol
Do the thing and buy the sander, you're either going to get one super beefy arm at this point or carpal tunnel :lol:

3d printed helmet and shins are out together, I got them sanded last night. Yes, I am still sanding by hand. And idk if I’m going to pick up a hand sander, the stepper motor on my 3D printer busted and it’s 130$ to replace boooo but maybe I will go pick it up. Idk yet.

Anyway. All armor pieces are sanded, the last thing I need to print is the hand armor. I want to put the electronics in the helmet before I put it together totally, so we will see how that goes.

Todays mission: sanding. And figuring out attachments between the pieces and my body.

Attachments

• IMG_2107.MOV
    6.5 MB
The soundboard and lights are ready for install!

Adafruit - soundboard 16mg
Adafruit - Feather m4
Adafruit - 8 ohm speakers

Soundboard and feather can be run off 1 5v power supply
You will need a separate 5v 2amp power supply for the neopixels

Free handed the spine out of foam. We will see if it looks cleaner after plasti dip and paint. I wanted it to be a little more curvy than in the photo… mostly because all of my attempts without the curves looked like dicks. And I will not be a dick back Spartan, at least not for the first build lol
9E6C8881-4C69-417F-AAE3-1E9FFB614741.jpeg

Right now… by hand. Which is taking forever. I might break down and go pick up a hand sander… but I’m trying to skimp on my budget because I want to buy stupid expensive gorgeous paint. Lol
If you don't want to buy additional tools I could suggest getting an end similar to this one:

DV_8_0977413_01_4c_AT_20140623100436.jpg

When I was making my own armor out of resin and bondo I was using an end like this that fit on rotary tool or a drill. It does great job on sanding a bigger area in a smooth way.
You can get different sizes as well.

Free handed the spine out of foam. We will see if it looks cleaner after plasti dip and paint. I wanted it to be a little more curvy than in the photo… mostly because all of my attempts without the curves looked like dicks. And I will not be a dick back Spartan, at least not for the first build lol
View attachment 326690
Amazing build there mate! I love the comment on this one HAHAHAHA, I also like what you did with leg pieces! Cutting back on that inside space makes a lot of sense. I found my own to also be very bulky but wasn't sure about altering it until I saw what you had done.

Fantastic work, loving the electronic pieces as well! looking forward to seeing the finished part.

I got some of the soft part undersuit and straps set up yesterday. Some non sanding progress!

There is definitely some extra soft parts that’s a little loincloth-esk. Here’s the deal. Bitches in armor have to remove ALL THEIR ARMOR to pee. I can’t live my life like that. So I will be installing a low key zipper to be able to use a she wee (look it up) and PEE STANDING UP without having to remove any armor.

This the the future.

7C34D5FE-782F-4471-BDAF-DB637E79D70B.jpeg

F49F831D-6297-4395-801C-327919800D8D.jpeg

Attachments

• 01F7E1A5-323A-4BF5-BB9A-9E254C360B75.jpeg
    01F7E1A5-323A-4BF5-BB9A-9E254C360B75.jpeg
    671.3 KB · Views: 62
I got some of the soft part undersuit and straps set up yesterday. Some non sanding progress!

There is definitely some extra soft parts that’s a little loincloth-esk. Here’s the deal. Bitches in armor have to remove ALL THEIR ARMOR to pee. I can’t live my life like that. So I will be installing a low key zipper to be able to use a she wee (look it up) and PEE STANDING UP without having to remove any armor.

This the the future.

View attachment 327039
View attachment 327040
I was about to make that suggestion, then as I finished reading your post you mentioned the thing I was going to suggest HAHAHA. Great Minds!!
Personally I have never, nor will likely ever, have to experience the frustration that you do with needing to use the Lou as a being a member of the opposite gender. However, I know many ladies from Baseball Tournaments who swear by the benefits and flexibility of using the she-hee shee-pee or alternative names.
Best of luck to you with that (y) , progress is looking awesome.

This the the future.

View attachment 327039
View attachment 327040
This is genius!! I've never given this a second thought, I just take for granted the ability to only need to remove a COD piece to go to the bathroom. Hope this clever strategy you've come up with is a success lol

This the the future.

View attachment 327039
View attachment 327040

Looking Great !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back