Matt H's Reach Carter Armor WIP (99% Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys :D

Last update for a while. Today i took advantage of the last hot day of the year and i sprayed all my parts down with a satin clear coat. put about 5 coats per piece :D

Anyways, started painting my helmet attachment
photo-51.jpg

I also hinged my chest piece. Thanks Boukie12345 for the method!!
photo-53.jpg

photo-52.jpg

I also got my voice amplifier!!
photo-54.jpg

It fits perfectly in the pouch im using as a front attachment!
photo-56.jpg

photo-55.jpg

And I laid out all my pieces for fun :D
photo-57.jpg

Now im off to Hawaii for a wedding. Sucky thing is that i know i will have my build in the back of my mind lol!!! Be back on the 9th and hopefully start building on the 10th. All that's really left to do is strap and pad it up, put in the lights and try it on!! Also have to finish the right shoulder, knees, the forearm tac-pad, and put soft parts on the left side of the torso and it will be good to go!!

Til next time..... :D

Must....Do....assignment.....screw it! uni can wait, this just inspired me to work on my emile suit more. Awesome work.

looking pretty neat man, though have you thought about adding details like shadow and higlights, maybe the battle wear and such? to give the suit a more realistic effect?

Aloha 405thers! Got back from vacation today and made a run to Michaels and Joann's this evening. Grabbed me some strapping stuff and some stretchy spandex fabric to cover my padding with. Also got stuff in the mail while i was gone so i will be doing the last of my soft parts, hopefully the last of the floating parts on the chest, my lights, padding, strapping, and some decals tomorrow and hope to get some work done!! (well, at least get started on all that stuff...) i'll be posting updates as i get things done tomorrow :D

I don't know about everyone else But I'm looking forward to seeing some pic's of you all suited up. NO pressure or anything. ;) It just looks so cool laying there that I know it will look even better walking around. :D

thanks Thorn! you've been real supportive throughout my build! stoked to see your build complete! we probably would have had the same finish day but i was gone for 8 days :-\

well, pretty disappointing day today. the electronics stores were out of the parts that i needed, so i had to order it all online and wont get the stuff til probably thursday :( All i got done was finished the soft parts on the chest and sprayed them with plasti-dip. I also cut a visor that im going to try to use for a double visor idea i have. Anyways, i think tomorrow im just going to put in some led's, attempt some strapping, get my padding ready, and wait for my parts to arrive.

keep on building 405thers!

went shopping today. Got a few things and did some work. Here's a preview...
photo-58.jpg

photo-59.jpg

Should be done with the lighting other than the helmet tomorrow :D

thanks RK!!! I also got a couple post screws installed for strapping, so tomorrow i should have the lights, padding, and strapping installed; just debating if i should wait until my undersuit is done and to integrate strapping into that or if i should just do a belt and shoulder strap type thing like my last suit. should be able to strap it all on tomorrow night or the next day if all goes well....

Off to a good start today ;)
photo-60.jpg

My battery packs are coming in today, so i should have all of the lighted parts installed today :D stay tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back