Mjolnir Armour Safe/Storage vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

U513

Jr Member
So I have been working on a few desogns and building stuff up in my head. I have started to draw it out on CAD and add a few details. Still a lot of detailing to do but this is what I have so far

etet_zps8d6fa5e4.png

this is all to scale but I am thinking of having bulkier wood to give the skeleton a chunkier look.

The three sides will be Perspex with the back being solid wood

Ill also have some sort of thing at the top from which pipes will come out and attach to the suit when it is in storage ..im thinking its a nuclear reactor!!! so it can be used to power maybe a small base?

still a lot of work to do but this should give you guys a bit of an idea in terms of what I am going for. Input will be awesome!

Attachments

• etet_zps8d6fa5e4.png
    etet_zps8d6fa5e4.png
    576.3 KB · Views: 307
I really like this idea. I was trying to think of interesting ways to store and display my armor (once it's finally completed) in a more satisfying way than just a pile in my closet or on a dummy. One thing I think would be really awesome is where you have the details on the acrylic (or perspex I think it is the same thing) you could laser engrave the details (so the Spartan's information on the front face and the vertical bar with the reach graphics) and then install L.E.D's at the top and bottom so that the case kind of glows the color and the laser engraving would actually light-up with the rest of the perspex remaining colorless (sort of like fiber-optics), something like this:

FVGLM7IH7432HB0.LARGE.jpg

As for the back side, it would be pretty cool to print out a large graphic for it (maybe going along with the whole nuclear reactor theme).

Anyways that's just some ideas I had for you haha. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Attachments

• FVGLM7IH7432HB0.LARGE.jpg
    FVGLM7IH7432HB0.LARGE.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 279
Thanks mate

The image i am using for getting most of my thoughts / inpiration / reference is this

swfwsf_zpsfcfdd336.png

I plan on having the inside very similar in terms of the pipes attached to the suit etc

I would lover to laser etc details on the perspex but i dont have any idea how i would even start or where i would go to have this done. The other option i am thinking of is if i use frost paint which may have a similar effect.

The back will have the sword, ammo, DMR and other weapons mounted to it. I also plan on having 4 hooks on each corner so the vessel can be lifted. I will have to look at the electrics as i would want the LED's to run from the mains and how i would go on about doing this. It would be awesome if i could do that :) More to follow.

Attachments

• swfwsf_zpsfcfdd336.png
    swfwsf_zpsfcfdd336.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
ok, been updating and refining the designs. Also been looking for some reach/halo decals and came across some from Crimson and Tabris89. I have amended them a little and redrawn some to suit my needs.

treyeyh_zps3aa761c2.png

so, to the left is what the suit will look like when its all hooked up with different coloured pipes to the storage vessel. to the right is the background I am going for. I wanted the storage vessel colour scheme to be similar to the armour so I have taken my inspiration from there. Just need to add some red strips here and there.

I think its coming along nicely.

These are the labels I have made/borrowed/will be using.

Labels_zpse8ff9d9e.png

svsv_zpsf755059c.png

as always feedback please. I have not seen a storage vessel attempted before but then I don't really troll the internet too hard.

Attachments

• treyeyh_zps3aa761c2.png
    treyeyh_zps3aa761c2.png
    557.9 KB · Views: 299
  • svsv_zpsf755059c.png
    svsv_zpsf755059c.png
    416.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Labels_zpse8ff9d9e.png
    Labels_zpse8ff9d9e.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 247
I love the ideas here. I was planning to just store the suit on a mannequin and buy/build some Pelican Cases (considering the price, build is more likely) so that i have something to transport them in. I think the laser engraving method is probably the way forward. Some small LED/led wire could really make it stand out.

you forgot the warning label "This armor is for a Spartan, tampering is subject to teabagging"

Awesome idea and would be totally sweet to see you pull this off.

Personally, I would change the "Danger Electric Shock Risk" power rating to 1.21GW... but that would show my age... and my nerdy-ness...and not to mention, the bad form of cross referencing faux pas :)

Nope! I even double checked it before I posted because I thought it was 1.44... but that would be a 3.5" floppy, now wouldn't it!

GREAT SCOTT!

Personally, I would change the "Danger Electric Shock Risk" power rating to 1.21GW... but that would show my age... and my nerdy-ness...and not to mention, the bad form of cross referencing faux pas :)

OMG i loled at this harder than i should have. Great reference sir. :)

@U513- Looking good so far buddy, cant wait to see this come to life :)

1.24 would fit with Bungie more than Doc. 1+2+4=7 (I got the ref but gave another one as a second joke)

I love the ideas here. I was planning to just store the suit on a mannequin and buy/build some Pelican Cases (considering the price, build is more likely) so that i have something to transport them in. I think the laser engraving method is probably the way forward. Some small LED/led wire could really make it stand out.

lol thanks. I get you man, I have my suit is standing up from thighs onwards but I need to make a mannequin so I can make it stand fully. I thought it wouldn't do the suit justice so decided on this project. I will defo incorporate some lights in there its just finding the best way of doing it.

you forgot the warning label "This armor is for a Spartan, tampering is subject to teabagging"

im still thinking up of some funny / in your face warning labels. Those are finishing touches and can be applied as an when :)

Eva, shouldn't it be more like 1.24GW?

Nope! I even double checked it before I posted because I thought it was 1.44... but that would be a 3.5" floppy, now wouldn't it!

GREAT SCOTT!

OMG i loled at this harder than i should have. Great reference sir. :)

@U513- Looking good so far buddy, cant wait to see this come to life :)

Great idea!

1.24 would fit with Bungie more than Doc. 1+2+4=7 (I got the ref but gave another one as a second joke)

Thanks guys, I hope it turns out as awesome as it looks in my head lol. The reason I went for 2.59 is because of Carter A-259. Not the most original but made me chuckle.

Just need to sort out a few more details before I order the materials :D I think this could turn out to be quite an expensive project lol

Except in BTTF, Doc says 1.21 jigawatts, which is a fictional power rating, as there is no such thing as a jigawatt. Its possible that Christopher Lloyed mispronounced "gigawatt" or that gigawatt used to be pronounced with a "j", but it's set in history now as "jigawatt." But I digress.

Anyway, U513, this is a great idea. I had thought of doing pretty much the same thing for my Mk VI suit since I'll most likely be displaying it in my shop, and I need a way to store/show it without sawdust and shop grime getting all over it, but I never thought to make it look like a UNSC storage unit. I'm keeping my eye on this thread!

Really interesting idea. Unfortunately space is really rare in my appartement. Nonetheless an armor case like this would make your armor even more epic imho. :)

Alright. You've officially inspired me. This is such a good idea, I'm running with it as well. Cryo pod style...

c54d2633-bcc0-49bf-9c9c-1f277496e2e5_zps64badc2c.jpg

I'll start posting this in my own thread as soon as I start it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Attachments

• c54d2633-bcc0-49bf-9c9c-1f277496e2e5_zps64badc2c.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 239
Except in BTTF, Doc says 1.21 jigawatts, which is a fictional power rating, as there is no such thing as a jigawatt. Its possible that Christopher Lloyed mispronounced "gigawatt" or that gigawatt used to be pronounced with a "j", but it's set in history now as "jigawatt." But I digress.

Anyway, U513, this is a great idea. I had thought of doing pretty much the same thing for my Mk VI suit since I'll most likely be displaying it in my shop, and I need a way to store/show it without sawdust and shop grime getting all over it, but I never thought to make it look like a UNSC storage unit. I'm keeping my eye on this thread!

Alright. You've officially inspired me. This is such a good idea, I'm running with it as well. Cryo pod style...

I'll start posting this in my own thread as soon as I start it. Thanks for the inspiration!

lol im glad I have! Loving the turn around time. I like your idea of the cryo pod as well. im just amazed that no one else has done something like this already. I have looked and I have looked ...nothing. The theme I want to stick with is a safe / storage vessel. This is totally inspired from Ghosts of Onyx when Kurt goes to put his armour on and decides to put the cheaper SPI armour on instead of his Mjolnir. Especially since there are no references or picture or descriptions about the armour safe / storage vessel. It gives me complete freedom on how I want the design to look.

Really interesting idea. Unfortunately space is really rare in my appartement. Nonetheless an armor case like this would make your armor even more epic imho. :)

Thanks dude, one f the main reasons I am doing this is lack of space in my room as my suit is taking up a lot of space. At least this way it will look good and become part of the décor. I just hope it turns out as awesome as it looks in my head.

Attachments

• c54d2633-bcc0-49bf-9c9c-1f277496e2e5_zps64badc2c.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 212
What a great idea I hope you can pull it off. I'm going to have to make one as well.:)

Gamertag: RYNOx666

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back