mjolnir VI - my first armor - (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have had some bad weather where i live for the past few days (including a tornado) but i have been able to pep some pieces. the whole left arm is done and awaiting resin. i would have started on the chest but i dont have enough paper. i will hopefully get more today and resin tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided that with al the bad weather. That I would make an eod or cqb helm and I also started on a tester for the chest.

quick update

started on the front half of the chest at 8pm last yesterday and have been working on it since. it looks like it will fit. the tester piece fit well. i will post pics in the morning. for now back to pepping then to bed for a few hours.

sorry for double post
here are the pics of the front half of the chest piece

IMG_20101031_094622.jpg

IMG_20101031_094629.jpg

IMG_20101031_094641.jpg

starting on back half later today or early tomorrow because today is "resin day"

i was able to get a friend of mine to finish the chest piece while i was at work yesterday. so here are the pics

pieces that needs resin
100_6839.jpg

pieces that need second coat of resin
100_6840.jpg

front
100_6835.jpg

back
100_6836.jpg

yep he does. he is work on some fallout 3 power armor, he is in the bondo stage right now. he is not a member oof the 405th but he said he will join when the armor is finished next year.

I am getting ready to resin the chest and then if things go as planed then I will be doing bondo work and then splitting the piece. Also I am going to redo the shin because I don't like the way they fit with thigh piece, the scale was a bit off as well. If any one can tell me the best way to scale the shin I would be very thankful

quick update
i have resined half of the chest and started to pep the left boot. also should i split the chest before or after i bondo it

since i had nothing better to do in the middle of the night (and because i drank 2 moster energy drinks at 11pm, which was a bad idea) i went to walmart and pick up some more resin, so things are back on schedule if the weather will cooporate. hopefully the chest will get finished wioth resin tomorrow and then i can finally start resinning the cod and shoulders. may also upload some pics later tonight

noble looks like you have it going on. but if i may give a suggestion maybe i missed this in the other posts but have you fiberglassed or rondo any of your pieses for strength or have you only resined them if you havnt you should or at leasr think about it..
by the way your build looks great!!!

WEZZY

here is a quick video update made less than a minete after resin was apply to chest
pics will be up later

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the weather issues... Your making good speed on this.

As for scaling your shins... You may have to do what I did. Trial and error. I ended up pepping them 2 times till I got them to fit me.

Excellent work so far!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back