MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that is a pretty epic looking shin and boot =D the the paint looks great
keep it up man and good luck

Thanks man. The shins were made a while ago, put one on the boot to check the scaling on the boot was right.

Thanks for the detailed explination. Last night I came across your Ironman build and forgot to update the thread i'd found how you do it. Last night I plasti-dipped some pieces of my foam build with the spray instead of the liquid stuff. I would recommend against doing that. If any of the joints in your foam aren't perfect the spray eats through the Glue and weakens the joints. I had a couple pieces start to seperate on me.

Ready for soling.

Paint not completely finished but if I had to wear it I could. Still have to work out how to connect the ribbed section in the middle to the two parts of the boot but I have an idea already on a good way to do it so once thats done it off to the cobblers.

IMG_0996.jpg

I'm liking what I am seeing Drack.
Looking very well in deed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the detailed explination. Last night I came across your Ironman build and forgot to update the thread i'd found how you do it. Last night I plasti-dipped some pieces of my foam build with the spray instead of the liquid stuff. I would recommend against doing that. If any of the joints in your foam aren't perfect the spray eats through the Glue and weakens the joints. I had a couple pieces start to seperate on me.

No worries man. Sorry to hear about the spray eating glue incident. I have heard about people having issues before on the aerosols eating through their glue or what ever it is in spray paint that does that.

I'm liking what I am seeing Drack.
Looking very well in deed!

Thank you man means alot coming from a Vet Masterchief builder. Hopefully my new glue gun will turn up soon cause the cheap one I got is crap. Then I will finish the last boot off. You are gunna love my custom secret build I have been working on ready for when my Masterchief suit is done, hopefully :)

Really hate to bug you about it, but... video tutorial? :)

Yeah I know sorry about the delay but I have said a few times in the thread my glue gun died so waiting on my new one to arrive in the post. Plus I have 2 jobs and a 9 week old baby so time isnt on my side atm. Once the new glue gun turns up will get them done for y'all :)

Hey, I completely understand :) it's just that I've finally managed to get back to the workshop today and wondered about where things were. See I was out of the loop for a while with E3 coming up and some serious crunch at work, so I probably missed the comment about your issues.

Ah yeah that's true, I should have realised as I have not seen you about. Hopefully I will try to squeeze some tutorials in soon as my gun turned up this morning :D

this has probly already said but did you use foam matting or foam core board to make this armor? Btw Outstanding job. Do you use a Heat gun to bend the foam?

this has probly already said but did you use foam matting or foam core board to make this armor? Btw Outstanding job. Do you use a Heat gun to bend the foam?

I use EVA foam interlocking kids floor mats. They are 10mm thick and 2 by 2 feet. To add curve to the foam yes I have used a heat gun to bend/shape it. Hot glue to stick the pieces together. Plastidip undercoat to seal and smooth ready for main paint. Primer then acrylic paint to finish.

Hopefully that will help out if you are thinking of doing a foam build your self.

yes thank you very much. Could i find those floor mates at Harbor Freight?

I went to the same place to get mine and they did post it for like $14 but when I payed for it it was only $10 :D

Thank you guys I would've answered but would be using google magic. Better coming from the natives :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back