MK VI + Rogue helmet HD [FINISHED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAAANG dude! Way to go! Btw, I saw the MA5C rifle cutout next to your computer! BRAVO!!! haha, i'm gonna finish my rifle, but I need to pep out the remaining armor first. Arg... procrastination. Btw, what did you use on the inside of your helmet? Smoothcast? That's a really good fill and your helmet looks amazing! I believe my mentor gave the suggestion of trying to cut painter's tape out, so you don't scratch the remaining portion of your visor, and use a dremel to sand down that right there on the inside of the helmet.

I hope that helps some, if not, ask mstruvmgc! His Rouge looks good, but maybe... just maybe, yours is gonna turn out better. Just don't tell him that. Heh.

Well, back to my Mk. V!! AWAAAAY!

wow great looking helmet man :D really liking it
keep up the good work

Thank you man . really appreciate ur following :)

Looks good. Love the lights.

hihi thanks my inspirational man ! :D

Lookin good man :) YAY for rogue lol

HOOOORAAAY FOR ROGUE !!! :D ye man we should meet sometime to check out some chicks :p haha
DAAANG dude! Way to go! Btw, I saw the MA5C rifle cutout next to your computer! BRAVO!!! haha, i'm gonna finish my rifle, but I need to pep out the remaining armor first. Arg... procrastination. Btw, what did you use on the inside of your helmet? Smoothcast? That's a really good fill and your helmet looks amazing! I believe my mentor gave the suggestion of trying to cut painter's tape out, so you don't scratch the remaining portion of your visor, and use a dremel to sand down that right there on the inside of the helmet.

I hope that helps some, if not, ask mstruvmgc! His Rouge looks good, but maybe... just maybe, yours is gonna turn out better. Just don't tell him that. Heh.

Well, back to my Mk. V!! AWAAAAY!

Thank you ! :) well i wouldnt say mine is better than Mstruvmgc's build. i dont see it as a competition but thanks i guess :)

Impressive! I think I've got a lot to learn from you.
The smoothness of elmet is fantastic. May I ask you: is the park where you shoot photoes public? In italy, if I had the same in public, I would be locked in a cell for the rest of my life.
My son(4yo) also says :Doò vk fjfjk hhmhjjkhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.

Impressive! I think I've got a lot to learn from you.
The smoothness of elmet is fantastic. May I ask you: is the park where you shoot photoes public? In italy, if I had the same in public, I would be locked in a cell for the rest of my life.
My son(4yo) also says :Doò vk fjfjk hhmhjjkhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.

Hey :) your post made me actually grin like an idiot .
Thank you for your compliment ! :) i do really appreciate it .
Sure u may ask . Here in austria i live in the city and yes it is public but its from our row house here. ( many house buildings sticking on each other with a court or kinda a park between it)
People were watching me and they were afraid when i was wearing the respirator but i explained it to them. now they just ask how i am and talk to me :)

If u have any question i do have alot of experience by now and i would be glad to help u !

Wow you've come a long ways since I've last been here. Awesome looking work.:D

Hey thorn. thank you very much :) didnt expect that comment :)

Wie schaut es aus, wirst du bis zum November mit deiner Rüstung fertig?

Hey timo . Es tut mir leid dass ich nicht vorher angesagt habe wann genau ich fertig werde. Bis zum november wirds aufjedenfall fertig. habe auch hier in ösi vor eine promo zu starten da ich kontakte zum saturn pflege. wollte microsoft kontaktieren aber habe dort nur stumpfe russen am telefon gehabt die mir keine auskunft geben konnten. Ich warte noch auf die Lieferung für die suspender und gürtel um es zu befestigen das dauert noch ca ne woche da es von amerika herkommt.

Mit mir kannste von der rüsi fix rechnen sind nur feinheiten eben das befestigen am körper.

Can you post a bit more of the elmet? (the smoothness is awesome!) did you use sanding paper right? what grit?

Ofc i will. im sorry but atm i have much to do related to my school and im not at home right now . i will post asap when i will be at home again .

AMEEeego!! Wo steht die Geschenk von Amerika? Enschuldingung, mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist.

Hey timo . Es tut mir leid dass ich nicht vorher angesagt habe wann genau ich fertig werde. Bis zum november wirds aufjedenfall fertig. habe auch hier in ösi vor eine promo zu starten da ich kontakte zum saturn pflege. wollte microsoft kontaktieren aber habe dort nur stumpfe russen am telefon gehabt die mir keine auskunft geben konnten. Ich warte noch auf die Lieferung für die suspender und gürtel um es zu befestigen das dauert noch ca ne woche da es von amerika herkommt.

Mit mir kannste von der rüsi fix rechnen sind nur feinheiten eben das befestigen am körper. .

Klingt schonmal gut.
Habe einige Updates von MS und es wäre daher gut, wenn du mir auf die letzte E-Mail nochmal antworten würdest.
Dort stehen die 3 Städte drin und wenn eine Anreise zu einer dieser Städte in deinen Möglichkeiten ist, dann antworte bitte darauf. So wird dann anstatt einem Duo ein Trio hingeschickt nehme ich an.

Heya guys . puh im totally exhausted and greenish xD

Well im sorry that i didnt post for a long time but i wasnt at home as i mentioned once.

I hope you guys enjoy the little progress i made .

CAM00390c690.jpg

CAM00384ece2.jpg

CAM0038303d5.jpg

CAM00388233f.jpg

CAM00387c84f.jpg

CAM00386cb54.jpg

CAM0038957ff.jpg

I just made the greenish color to let it dry over night and add the camo look later. :)

Hey guys. i came up for a question if anyone could help me i would be very thankful !

My problem: I tried the wipe teknique on my old helmet and result were some ugly stains all over the helmet . My aim was to underline the shadow effect on the details. Is it because i didnt use a waterbased black color?

Any hints are welcome . i could use them asap :)

Dang Pig! You've come a long way!

It sounds like your question is regarding black-washing. A picture or two would help, but from what you wrote, it sounds like you're trying something like Adam's method of spraying some black and wiping it away. And, yes, the reason it's not coming of like you would like it to is most likely due to the fact that you're using water to wipe away paint that is not water-based. There are quite a few people who have had success with this, but I never have myself.

What I would suggest, instead of trying to wipe it away with water, use paint thinner or mineral spirits. This will require a bit more preparation of the paint job, as you will have to coat the green color in a few coats of clear spray and let that dry over night so the paint thinner attacks the clear coat rather than the green, and don't use the paint thinner in excess, only use enough to get the black-wash to look the way you want it to look, then move on.

Hope that helps you out!

Dang Pig! You've come a long way!

It sounds like your question is regarding black-washing. A picture or two would help, but from what you wrote, it sounds like you're trying something like Adam's method of spraying some black and wiping it away. And, yes, the reason it's not coming of like you would like it to is most likely due to the fact that you're using water to wipe away paint that is not water-based. There are quite a few people who have had success with this, but I never have myself.

What I would suggest, instead of trying to wipe it away with water, use paint thinner or mineral spirits. This will require a bit more preparation of the paint job, as you will have to coat the green color in a few coats of clear spray and let that dry over night so the paint thinner attacks the clear coat rather than the green, and don't use the paint thinner in excess, only use enough to get the black-wash to look the way you want it to look, then move on.

Hope that helps you out!

Hey jason! thank you for ur reply . and u did help me out since i realised i missed an important part. i didnt wet the towel or the rubber piece to wipe it.

Well ill try water based color and the wet towel again i guess till im gonna try the difficult things.

and sorry for not posting a pic but i didnt find any nice spot so far to show. Theres is actually one but as i said its not very usefull to see what i mean[this is my old mk6 helmet . i tried it there since i dont bother bout it anymore :p]
here it is :
CAM0039249db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was having a PC issue I think when I last posted. I never saw the pics. . . . LOL! Great looking work so far. Don't get down about not wetting a towel and rubbing some places out. Just use your imagination and take to dry brushing some damages areas. I found if you do the silver details and then black wash over it it gave it more depth. At least that is what worked for me. Great job and keep up the good work.

Holy crap... That's amazing!

About your question, I do agree with carp's suggestion, as I used that method on smearing paint on a titanic ship model I built. But those were enamel paints, not spray-on acrylics. I'm not sure if it would translate to your build.

Btw, bro, I am still in awe of your work!

Man at this rate you will get done way before me lol. Im slackin

Everything looks good bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back