MLC's journey to becoming MC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions if I may:

1. What lens (if any) do you guys use for the LEDs?
2. Since I cant find the Krylon "Italian Olive" here, is it possible to just print from a website having swatches? If so, whats the best paper to represent it - photo paper perhaps?

TIA!

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

Update 11/12/07

Added some pics to the album:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?use...album_id=224186

I started to add some cardboard mods to the bicep armors.
Could anyone check if Slyfo's left & right bicep armors are switched? Meaning, the "left" bicep is actually the right & vice versa?
Before starting the work, I referenced the pics I had to the right pep bicep armor that I just finished - and figured it was the left bicep.

Also added to the album are pics of the helmet - we sprayed it with paint to see any rough spots or any areas that need further bondo/smoothing before finally molding it.

So, what do you guys think - do we mold it?

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

im gunna say it now. most pep armor does not look good. you sir have blown my mind. this pep job is beautiful. NOTIFY ME WHEN YOU ARE SELLING.

Looking great Mardon!

As for the close match to Italian olive, do you have Tamiya paints over there? If so, there is a close match to it. LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Xavier said:
Um yes, mold it.

Also, have u peped the top part of the shoulder pieces?

Yes sir, I did. Since its symmetrical, I thought of only making 1 pep sample of it & once it is molded, we'll just produce 2 fiberglass products off that single mold.
You'll also notice that I made the area for the shoulder piece longer to properly sit the "A" shoulder piece with proper gluing area.

Halo_1 said:
Looking great Mardon!

As for the close match to Italian olive, do you have Tamiya paints over there? If so, there is a close match to it. LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Yes Tim, we do have Tamiya & Testors (I think) in our hobby shops - pls LMK the corresponding color and thanks bro! ;)

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
MLC said:
Could anyone check if Slyfo's left & right bicep armors are switched? Meaning, the "left" bicep is actually the right & vice versa?
Before starting the work, I referenced the pics I had to the right pep bicep armor that I just finished - and figured it was the left bicep.
I too noticed something weird. I think what Slyfo did was go in and just took one bicep, (the left one, I think) unfolded it, and saved it as one file, and then just flipped the pieces to make it the other bicep. Since it was already unfolded, the 3D preview wouldn't change, just the pieces to make it. So both arms look the same as far as the preview, but once assembled, they'll be right. (I'd assume the same for the rest of the body as well.)

Also, I finished my Pep helm today. It was my first helm ever, and although I spent over 15 hours on it, I think I'll redo it... :unsure: There's too much warping. I think I need more patience, and I need to work with just Loctite, and nothing else. (I got antsy and moved on to something that would give me quicker results.) I think a 2nd draft, with more patience, and a better understanding of what pieces to build first, will result in a much better helm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mardon,

The Tamiya alternative for the Krylon Italian Olive is the Olive Drab 2 TS28. This was the best recommendation by the owner of the store I frequent.

Hope this helps bro, stay safe,

Tim.

P.S. BTW, it's a rattle can and love the progress on the Helm! ;)

any more progress, i normally wouldnt ask but seeing as you guys seem to be working like a bat outta hell, i thought i might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back