Mortal Kombat 9 Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your welcome! :)
Yeah, well its looking good. Is it hard working with foam?

It can be a bit of a challenge getting the shape how you need it if you are trying to curve it around a limb but other than the actual shaping and replacing blades VERY frequently it's surprisingly easy. So easy that I can't wait to work on the other 5 costumes after this! Normally I would be burnt out from the work but this is going very smoothly(although I've had a few slight problems), even for a first time.

The bracers are looking a lot better! I think it's good that you decided to redo them.

Thanks Rabbit, I completely agree. I'm a lot happier with them now. :)

Update: Got work done on scorpions kunai spear. Made it out of some of the eva foam.

th_IMG_0460.jpg
th_IMG_0462.jpg
th_IMG_0468.jpg
th_IMG_0472.jpg
th_IMG_0476.jpg

Update: I got to thinking about the swords today and figured I could make some less detailed ones for the time being. This way, If I can't get the funds in time for the casting supplies I atleast have SOMETHING to fill the spot..lol.

Anyways, I made a handle out of eva and here's how it turned out. Tomorrow I'll be making the other sword and the holster for them.
th_GEDC0990.jpg

Also, Here's a better quality photo showing the spear along with the sword, wrist and shin pieces finished.
th_GEDC0999.jpg

Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment. The feedback is greatly appreciated! :D

Here's the swords and holder. I've just got to paint it and add the straps and it'll be ready for a test fit!

th_GEDC1000.jpg
th_GEDC1001.jpg

hey brother are you makeing your own soft parts as well ? or are you just getting soft parts from like ebay? i looking to get my own soft parts aswell thats why im asking if you my know any one that dose good quality work thanks in advance for your help

hey brother are you makeing your own soft parts as well ? or are you just getting soft parts from like ebay? i looking to get my own soft parts aswell thats why im asking if you my know any one that dose good quality work thanks in advance for your help

I'm sewing all the parts myself with patterns I make. I know there's someone on ebay that you can get the balaclava from. My friend just ordered one the other day and it was around $10 for it shipped. Other than that, I wouldn't know where to buy the stuff, That's part of the reason I'm making it myself..that and it's a lot cheaper..lol.

Update: I got the straps/buckle made for the dual scabbard. I'm just waiting on some flat black to paint it before I permanently attach the straps.

th_GEDC1011.jpg
th_GEDC1013.jpg

Got started on Sub Zero's costume now. Started with the bicep pieces. I started with drawing the design and then scanned it in the pc and photoshopped it to give me both sides.

Reference:
th_subzerobicep2.jpg

th_random427.jpg
th_random429.jpg
th_random430.jpg
th_random431.jpg
th_random433.jpg
th_random435.jpg
th_random436.jpg

EDIT: Almost forgot the reference pic!

Impressive skills my friend, this is getting better, keep it up!

Impresionante habilidades mi amigo, esto esta cada vez mejor, sigue asi!

Here's most of Scorpion and Sub Zero's armor pieces. Only things missing are the belts(Scorpions is made, just not pictured. Sub Zero's still needs to be made).

th_random465.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back