My combat elite build attempt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I'm dead impatient and want to see it glow at each stage ;) lieutenant jaku. Haha

Seriously though, it shouldn't be a problem now, the plastidip coats are finished and the rest of the paint job is in airbrush acrylic paint which rubs off the blue plastic with a bamboo skewer.

Purple base coat complete, going to overlay a net before a darker coat for a hexagon effect.

Gonna test the blue plastic with the varnish to see the finish otherwise it will be back to masking tape again hahaha!

The paint job is coming along now.

The hex pattern is more subtle than I'd like but hey ho. Without a complete respray of the purple, there's no fixing that now. It'll just have to be an easteregg for anyone at the con who looks really closely.
:lol:

Not sure what colour to go with for the sparky bits at the front. Might go gunmetal, with a touch of rust.

Also not sure if I can bring myself to weather it...it looks so pretty.

That's it though until after the weekend. I've no time to craft until Tuesday....boo

Cheers guys.

Yeah I'm not going to weather it, that would make me cry. Haha

The mask for the hex was a piece of fabric I was sent as a sample with another order.

It didn't cover the entire area so had to carefully reposition it to line up with the rest of the pattern which was a fuss but as I was using an airbrush it was gentle enough that I didn't need to tape it down or anything like that.

Thanks again!

Right....back at it.

Spent the last few nights cutting, drilling and poking holes in my chest piece.

Then tonight, I got reacquainted with my soldering iron and some led's.

The chest piece now has lights!!!!

The two black flashes in between will be plugged with the blue acrylic, then another set of lights will phase on and off in the same blue while these ones stay on permanently.

Wort wort wort!!!

That is awesome! Keep up the work!

How does your elite head look? Is the helmet removable?

Right chums

The lighting project is complete.

I've replaced the painted blue flash with blue acrylic, and then wired in some phasing blue led's
Both sets of lights have their own 3AA power blocks which should last the day but I'll carry spares just incase.

Looking back on the last con pics the chest piece and shoulders are a little plain as far as paint job is concerned so I'm going to add some bronze triangles and some sangheili language in places to make it a little more interesting.

Still a month til the con so playing with digi stilts next....:)

Threat is looking way good, man! I'm living the lights! Very well done.

"Threat.......(&)... living the lights".........either your lifestyle is something to be admired/envied....or your English teacher is rolling over in their grave.

Joffersmk2 Great job dude. You nailed it.

Ahem.. "Loving"... STUPID phone updated and now it thinks it can spell better than I can.

Dirtdives : lol.

Seriously, though, I think there should be a whole group of elite and grunt costumes that run around at conventions and create chaos so the Spartans can stop them. XD

Right, been a bit since I added anything.

I've been trying to get the basics of electronics under my belt for a few weeks.

TurboCharizard recommended some excellent kit, but getting it was a nightmare in the UK. They only make it in US by the seems of it and postage doubled the cost. So I've gone with an adafruit soundboard and momentary switches. They're not as nice as the aforementioned ones but they work.

Thus is born the speaking, gun noise and energysword effect Mk3 armour!!!!

Boom.

Took me a while to work this out but you might be able to follow this link to a video of the sound effects. Not full costume yet, it was too hot haha.
Let me know if you can't see it...I have no idea if that'll work lol

Took me a while to work this out but you might be able to follow this link to a video of the sound effects. Not full costume yet, it was too hot haha.
Let me know if you can't see it...I have no idea if that'll work lol
This is awesome man! Can’t wait to see this finished!! Sound just brought this to an entirely new level!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back