My Cortana Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been keeping my eye on this thread for a bit now and it looks awesome! the hair is perfect, the activation index is a boss idea, and i love the detail on the suit!

Also i was looking for some colored contact lens for my project, then i thought "hey maybe you'd like it too" and i found some cool contact lens that you might like, Click Here
(even without these contact lens it looks good, your eyes are beautiful :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quickie, if your going to wear coloured contacts, find out the risks first (because there are some) and go and talk to your optitian too.

There is no cheating when making a costume. There is only avoiding insanity.

Haha I so love this! New favorite quote.

Also i was looking for some colored contact lens for my project, then i thought "hey maybe you'd like it too" and i found some cool contact lens that you might like, Click Here
(even without these contact lens it looks good, your eyes are beautiful :) )

Just a quickie, if your going to wear coloured contacts, find out the risks first (because there are some) and go and talk to your optitian too.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd be able to wear colored lenses anyway, I already wear contacts and unless the colored ones come in really awkward prescriptions (I have astigmatism) I'm outta luck lol. At least my eyes kind of match already:)

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, let me say this a great project. Everything is turning out very well. It's nice to see another Cortana project out there.

@Flying Spartan: whether they can be worn in this particular instance or not, this is still a great find for the other Cortana's out there. Good job.

-Matt

Have I ever mentioned that I hate sitting and watching paint dry? Literally. I wish the dry time on my fabric paint was not 2 hours. I need to try my suit on tonight! I won’t be able to sleep unless I can see my progress. Who cares that I have class tomorrow at 8 am. Pshaw!

In the meantime, I gave my makeup another run. I’ve made some improvements, I also restyled the wig slightly and I think it looks a billion times closer.

100_3333.jpg

Question for anyone who cares to give input: Eyebrows. Should I leave them as is or try to fill them in with some blue?

Seeing as I covered my normal blond with an opaque blue they’re kind of nonexistent, but Cortana’s aren’t really too defined either. I welcome suggestions! :)

Anywho… I’ll have more pics up tomorrow after class- of the whole suit at least 97.3% done!!! Be excited. I am! :-D

Blue up the eyebrows.

Edit: I looked at the 3d model and it you doo need to darken them.

I'll try to get a pic up.

Cortana.jpg

Notice how they stand out.

I thought they looked alright how they are in your photo there, but then again I'm not a stickler for perfection.

I would say leave them as is. From your pics they seem to be a lighter shade of blue anyhow. It may be the photos, but they show up just fine. I'm afraid that you would make them too obvious and they would stand out to much if you filled thme in. I wonder what a pic of you in natural light (minus flash ) would look like. You seem to glow in all the pictures, your colors are very vibrant. It's an eerie effect.

Ok so I have been reading this thread and I feel i wanna add my 2 cents. A beautiful woman wearing a skin tight suit looking like the hottest girl from Halo (which is why were all here and slightly obsessed with lol) I'm actually surprised how well behaved these guys are being lol. Well I have to say on the creative side this costume looks fantastic. You have a beautiful figure and it looks awesome. Keep up the good work and hope the wrist heals so you can finish that detail.

I'd say keep your eyebrows as they are. In that model that ACDC posted they actually look like they're more skin colored rather than blue. And your eyebrows appear to have that same effect it seems. Leave the eyebrows be!

Also, awesome costume and idea with the index. Probably the best Cortana costume I've ever seen.

I think it would add a lot to the effect to darken the eyebrows slightly with a blue powder, and then add a shimmer powder (the kind designed to make you look "dewy") on the rest of your face and neck. That should add a little bit of luminescence to your costume that it might need. If you apply the shimmer powder to the top of your suit, it should also stop the fabric paints from sticking to each other, as well as tie it in to your face makeup.

Update!

As of 4 PM this evening, my Cortana costume is complete! :-D
I spent about 3 hours today painting on the last of the detailing and I built a pair of shoes right into my suit so I can walk around without tearing the feet up and so I could get a nice seamless look. Painting the suckers was a bit of a pain though.

I give you the pictures from a miniphotoshoot with my boyfriend using my crummy camera.

Cortana holding Cortana
100_3512.jpg

Cortana holding the Index
404thindex.jpg

Cortana holding her very own pepped Mark VI helmet (Full armor is my next project!)
405thhelmat.jpg

Cortana holding an M6 pistol (pepped by my boyfriend)
405thpistol.jpg

Thanks for all the eyebrow input everyone! I tried out everybody's suggestions (looking like a dork the whole time) and I finally settled on darkening the eyebrows slightly with a dark blue/grey pencil that give them just enough color that I could see them.. When they were blue they just looked silly. :/ I also added a shimmery silver layer over my entire face as suggested by Tsau-mia and earlier in the thread Cortana. It looks awesome in person but I’m not sure the camera really caught it. If anybody has any other suggestion ( on like anything…) I welcome them all!

Also, thanks everyone for your support through this whole delightful process :) You guys rock!

I’m going to try to find a photographer in my area to do a decent photoshoot. Hopefully I will and I’ll be able to upload some legit pics :p (Anyone know a photographer in the Buffalo/ Rochester NY area?)

That’s all for now folks!

Cool build. The addition of the index really sells it...did you weight it somehow to get it to stand as it does in your photos or are you just balancing it?

Looks great!
Thanks!

Is it squeaky when you walk around? lol

No… my suit’s not like a vinyl catsuit or anything, it’s a lycra(stretchy dance costume material) It’s made to be easy to move in :p

Cool build. The addition of the index really sells it...did you weight it somehow to get it to stand as it does in your photos or are you just balancing it?

Thank you :) I actually just taped it to my hand lol. I’m probably going to be remaking one out of foam and I’ll weight that one to make it easier to stand up.

Looks really great! But one question... Is it squeaky when you walk around? lol
...and if you would only take out the lol...it's okay, I asked that question earlier.

On topic, the eyebrows are fine, and can we get some photos of the paint job you did on the shoes? All the photos so far stop above your ankles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back