My Cqb Helmet Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yajirushi

I figured that if I was going to join these fine forums, I should place an initiation test on myself. I went ahead and started on a CQB helmet. :)

So I humbly present you all a pepped and ready-to-be-resined CQB helmet!

CQB1.jpg

CQB2.jpg

It's a tad lopsided at the moment; I will be straightening it out as the first layer of resin cures. The three bolts are accounted for, but are separate and will later be attached as I mud glass the helmet.

Any sort of input is appreciated! I'm sure any suggestion will aid me well on this project.

I'll be updating soon ;)

Jason02 said:
Looks good, is this your first pep piece?

Yeah, it is. Never even heard of Pepakura until I found 405th. It's really a marvelous program :V

Last edited by a moderator:
Yajirushi said:
Yeah, it is. Never even heard of Pepakura until I found 405th. It's really a marvelous program :V

Yes, it is. And you did very good for your first time. :)

Looks pretty good, especially for your fist Pep piece.

And quick question, it looks to me like you used printer paper.

Did you?

A_Guardian said:
Looks pretty good, especially for your fist Pep piece.

And quick question, it looks to me like you used printer paper.

Did you?

Haha, nah. I went out and bought 110p cardstock.

If I recall, I saw a list of things on these forums that mentioned the price of cardstock, and that it was usually 10 bucks (not sure), but I found a nice pack of 110p at Walmart for 5 bucks.

Yajirushi said:
Haha, nah. I went out and bought 110p cardstock.

If I recall, I saw a list of things on these forums that mentioned the price of cardstock, and that it was usually 10 bucks (not sure), but I found a nice pack of 110p at Walmart for 5 bucks.

Haha, I use the walmart 110p too.

Georgia pacific, right?

And i guess its a bigger helmet then i thought.

I based that it looked thin based on it being smallish.

A_Guardian said:
Haha, I use the walmart 110p too.

Georgia pacific, right?

And i guess its a bigger helmet then i thought.

I based that it looked thin based on it being smallish.

Yup, that's the brand :)

Yeah, I have a fairly large head :sleep so it is in fact a rather big helmet. I just scaled the image down a bit if that's what you meant. Also, that's a feather stuffed comforter, which may account for the illusion of tininess :V

Yajirushi said:
Yup, that's the brand :)

Yeah, I have a fairly large head :sleep so it is in fact a rather big helmet. I just scaled the image down a bit if that's what you meant. Also, that's a feather stuffed comforter, which may account for the illusion of tininess :V

Yea, me too.

Huge head, but its proportional to the rest of me.

Which sucks for me.

More paper to print out, cut out, and glue.

I'm going to agree with Bevbor on this. You did a pretty good job, but you could have picked a better model to start with. I've build the helmet Bevbor has pictured. It's farely simple, has fewer parts, requires less scoring meaning it's smoother (which means less bondo work later; less bondo = less $$$), includes a visor so the warpage will be minimized and turns out a beautiful piece as you can see. Just my 2 cents, good luck and hope to see more.

bevbor said:
Hey, great work,

but why you didn't use much more smooth Robogenisis CQB model?

I glued it, and got something absolutely different from your:

(press on pic to enlarge)

2879223538_1c32141024.jpg

Good luck with your projects anyway!

Yikes, I had not seen that until now. Wow, that does look much better x_x

I'm in the process of resining mine as I type this, so I'm just gonna go ahead and finish mine. Thanks for showing me that, though. I'll keep in mind to look a second time before deciding on a pep piece from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back