What Color do you guys want my armor to be

• Primary Blue and Secondary Red

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7010.JPG
Progress is slow right now but I do have the helmet, the left gauntlet, the hand plates, the waist piece, and half of the chest piece resined but im not going to be able to do more until Monday

What resin are you using? Just curious I've been using for both my suits automotive resin and all my pieces come out with a yellowish orange tint. Everyone I see posts looks clear like yours.
15080440483531347221386.jpg

I have some good news and some bad news
Good news is that the plasma pistol is finished
IMG_7013.JPG
the bad new is that both heels of my boot got pancaked and unfortunately I cant fix them so im goin to make the a lower res boot to replace them
IMG_7015.JPG
PS couldnt do anything with resin yesterday or today cause of weather problems

Last edited:
What kind of paper are you using? I used 110lb card stock and never got that much warping

status update:
I have finished the resin stage and have commenced to the bondo stage but my question is: how do u guys do your bondo stage because I just finished bondoing the chestpiece and the helmet but after that I was exhausted is there an easy and efficient way to do the bondo

Other than buying an orbital sander not really. A dremel will take away A lot of material quick but it leaves tool marks and takes just as much sanding to get rid of them then just doing it by hand.

Applied one layer sanded it down. Filled in the low spots with another layer. You won't be able to sand it down all the way smooth with one coat. then spot puttied the small holes.

Bondo is just plain hard work (and one of the reasons I switched to foam).

You’ll get through, it just takes patience and elbow grease.

But a power sander is nice.

I did use a dremel for mine with the highest grit sand paper I could find for them and even then it was only the super high spots that got hit. And when it bit down to hard it left super bad tool marks that needed to be refilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back