My First Halo (Reach) Costume | EVA Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanNova

I have never actually made any full costumes... ever, but my father has made props in the past and has past down his wisdom. If you could do the same and give me some tips. tricks, or anything of the sort, that'd be grand! I'm trying to build the stereotypical halo reach mark 5 armor with EVA foam. Nothing fancy, just puzzle piece mats that are half an inch thick. I'm using reference images and pepakura files. If you could send pep files that are made specifically for foam, you'd be amazing! Anyway, here goes nothing.

Edit: Does anyone still use this site?

Last edited:
You don't need to recharge this thread. In fact you can add tags, I think.

And yes, this forum is quite active. And super helpful.

Go check out the armory, that's where the files are all at. There are like, 1,000,000,000 MK Vs in there, so take your pick!

Go check out the armory, that's where the files are all at. There are like, 1,000,000,000 MK Vs in there, so take your pick!
Wow thanks! I'm a noob to all this so I apologize.

Where should I start with my armor? Something big like the chest or the helmet? Or smalllike the shoulders or thighs?

Edit: Still can't find where to add tags, oh well...

I'll be using the standard Mark V Mjolnir armor with a Commando's helmet. Color scheme is yet to be decided, thought I probably don't need to plan that out yet. I'm just worried about converting Pepakura patterns into EVA foam. I've done it before with star wars cosplay and it isn't fun.

All right. Here goes nothing, printing out some patterns and pinning it to foam.

Edit: Sorry for the spam, I've never done anything to this scale before and I'm quite excited.

Hey your good, man. You can always edit your posts as well, which keeps you from double posting.

You'll want to start small, then do the helmet last. Most people around here will tell you that. Do the shoulders, shins, etc... and THEN do the helmet.

Good luck, man. Can't wait to see what you can do!

How does one recharge a thread? Asking for a friend.

How does one recharge a thread? Asking for a friend.
You have to post while you're plugged into a standard 110V outlet. Don't ask me where the plug goes, this is a family friendly site.

SpartanNova I like to start with the boots on builds because that's the last place that people are usually looking so it's easier to hide your crimes. By the time you work your way up to the helmet you'll have practiced enough that everything will be looking awesome!

Sorry I haven't posten in a while. I have been working on and off on my armor. I started work on the biceps before I saw Turbo's advice. I decided to complete said biceps then start work on the boots and work up. I'll post pictures soon. Before then, how should i keep my armor to my undersuit?

They aren't the best pictures in the world, and it isn't the best cosplay job in the world, but I'm proud. There are definitely a lot of holes to fill and places to smooth, but for now it's done! Apologies for the dirty carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back