My Kat Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

Hey Guys!
So I've been working on cutting out me chest pieces, and also trying to prevent my belt/cod from warping after the resin, its going pretty good so far, its not major warping thankfully.

Update With Photos!

So I started working on putting the chest together, and I think it will fit this time, maybe a bit snug but that's okay. I have no idea how this happened but the first chest I made, the scale was in the 700 area, just a little too big lol. :$

0013.jpg

0052.jpg

Wow! Great job there!

Now only if I could quit pep-ing everything I find, and get to the resin part, I might be able to catch up!

Ah the joys of resizing... Fortunately for me I only had to re-build my helmet once, but my armor may be a different story... In any case, your work is exceptional so far. Keep it up and it looks like I'll have some tough competition for Best MJOLNIR In Missouri! ;)

Everything's looking good. Sorry you had to redo the torso file, but at least you have a good understanding of how everything goes together now and it most likely won't take you as long to do everything the second time. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more.

Wow! Great job there!

Now only if I could quit pep-ing everything I find, and get to the resin part, I might be able to catch up!
Thank you!
And good luck with your build!

Ah the joys of resizing... Fortunately for me I only had to re-build my helmet once, but my armor may be a different story... In any case, your work is exceptional so far. Keep it up and it looks like I'll have some tough competition for Best MJOLNIR In Missouri! ;)
Haha yupp!
Thank you so much. :)

I must say that your pepping skills are exceptional! Keep up the great work!
Thanks GuitarMaster157!
By the way, your build is looking AMAZING! Definitely inspiring.

Everything's looking good. Sorry you had to redo the torso file, but at least you have a good understanding of how everything goes together now and it most likely won't take you as long to do everything the second time. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more.
Thank you Spartan_127! I actually like putting the chest together, its allot of fun.

Update

Update On The Chest!
______________________________​

I'm almost finished with the chest, the whole thing is almost done. I also tried it on and it FITS! Hooray. :D It will be snug, but it will look good. I'll try to get some photos up.

I also found a little warping on the back of the belt/Cod, but I think I can fix it with supports... hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also found a little warping on the back of the belt/Cod, but I think I can fix it with supports... hopefully.

If it's hardened already you can always use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm it up and move it around to get it back square. If it isn't then sounds like you have a good plan to fix it. Sounds like you're having fun with it at least and that's what counts. Definitely take to the time to enjoy the fruits of you labors. Can't wait to see what you've done with the torso.

If it's hardened already you can always use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm it up and move it around to get it back square. If it isn't then sounds like you have a good plan to fix it. Sounds like you're having fun with it at least and that's what counts. Definitely take to the time to enjoy the fruits of you labors. Can't wait to see what you've done with the torso.
Yeah I'll have to try that. its the border around the back, its kind of... soggy.
Thanks spartan!

Photos

Here are a few photos of the chest. Its almost finished, unfortunately I found out that I was missing pieces, and I forgot what I scaled it too. *Face palm* :rolleyes

0035.jpg

0043.jpg

+ it fits. :)

Update

I fixed the warping on my belt/Cod, its perfect now.

I'm currently working on putting my thigh together, hopefully it will fit this time. I've been waiting to fiberglass my belt, and knees because I'm out of latex gloves... always something. :rolleyes So that's the next step.

Here are a few photos of the chest. Its almost finished, unfortunately I found out that I was missing pieces, and I forgot what I scaled it too. *Face palm* :rolleyes
Uhoh.
What you could do to get super close to your original scaling is take a ruler, measure across a piece that is flat between two corners, then go into Pepakura and use that measurement tool, keep adjusting the scale until the measurement in Pep lines up with what you measure in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back