My Mark V(b) Helmet that was made for Halo Reach's release

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0minus

I have been meaning to post the pictures of my helmet that I made for the release. This was my very first project, and I was stupid and did not take any WIP photos. So here is what I've got.
gallery

gallery

gallery

Please give any feedback possible, I would very much like to get better at this.

You've inserted links to the deviantart pages that contain your images. You need to insert the image addresses themselves. One way to do this is right click the image on the deviantart page and copy the image address...insert this into the code in your post to get the actual images to show. Hope this helps.

Example:
Page containing image at deviantart - [url]http://n0minus.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d33q3nc[/url]
Image address to be inserted into [IMG] code in thread - [url]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/331/9/6/96e0d65cd5796dcd4c897e7fae5665b9-d33q3nc.jpg[/url]

You've inserted links to the deviantart pages that contain your images. You need to insert the image addresses themselves. One way to do this is right click the image on the deviantart page and copy the image address...insert this into the code in your post to get the actual images to show. Hope this helps.

Example:
Page containing image at deviantart - [url]http://n0minus.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d33q3nc[/url]
Image address to be inserted into [IMG] code in thread - [url]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/331/9/6/96e0d65cd5796dcd4c897e7fae5665b9-d33q3nc.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the help! That got the pictures working.

is that your first try at a helmet? it looks good! could be smoothed down in some areas but overall its nice.

that was made for the release? thre probably waasnt much to work on to design it, so kudos. many of the little kudos to you.

I like the weathering, but heres a really good tip:

Try to keep silvered weathering on corners and edges where paint will get scraped off, not on smoott (especially rescessed) surfaces, which should have black dirt and grime because its a hard spot to clean, and the plasma burns are best scratchbuilt and added to the pep to give them a good deep recess, though there are a few types of damage to do:

-Craters, usually very circular, all black as if it has been burned.

-Punctures, like a rifle round or spiker spike that didnt quite penetrate, which should be indented around the hole, and silvered, not to mention shaped like whatever impacted it, say, a deep energy sword glancing blow, or even an indent from the can opener on the grav hammer.

-Then you have the less common, melting or corrosion, good for a spartan thats been fighting the flood, or is a zombie.

With these weathering techniques you will have a photo-realistic piece.
Also I reccomend making a stencil with a ruler and exacto, if you want clean looking print.

Try to keep silvered weathering on corners and edges where paint will get scraped off, not on smoott (especially rescessed) surfaces, which should have black dirt and grime because its a hard spot to clean, and the plasma burns are best scratchbuilt and added to the pep to give them a good deep recess, though there are a few types of damage to do:

-Punctures, like a rifle round or spiker spike that didnt quite penetrate, which should be indented around the hole, and silvered, not to mention shaped like whatever impacted it, say, a deep energy sword glancing blow, or even an indent from the can opener on the grav hammer.

-Then you have the less common, melting or corrosion, good for a spartan thats been fighting the flood, or is a zombie.

Also I reccomend making a stencil with a ruler and exacto, if you want clean looking print.

That's some really good advice, I'll save this for when I actually paint mine, I'm also going for a look like it's been in the desert.
Also liked what you said in the other thread "Guns don't kill people, I kill people with guns." How true (trying to think of a song that's in.)
And Nominus really like the helmet hope my helmet turns out like that, I got quite a bit o warping.

Now a desert worn look? that seems kinda hard.... except I actually just did one yesterday :D
I painted my EVA/C, Commando shoulder, and security shoulder :D

It was kinda simple really:
-I just applied slightly lighter colors as it would fade,
-gave it a rough dusty sandblasted appearance,
-and sanded the surface around the detail paint like the stripes on the shoulder pauldron to simiulate uneven wear,

and then bam! it looked like its been buried in the sandbox for a year.

Those are some amazing tips, thanks man! I was going to use them on my Pilot Helmet that I've been working on, but my dog decided that since I just finished pepping it last night, that it would be a brilliant idea rip apart and eat half of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back