My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we see in our own work is not what others see. Case in point. When I look at the pic of of you're helm it looks great, There are a few small rough spots that you can barely make out, but over all it is great work. As for those few rough spots once you add BLACK-wash and just a little silver chipping/rub marks, it will look awesome.

Don't believe me, I'm sure that everyone whom has finished this style helm has said the same thing in there builds. But when you look at the pic's what do you see?

Keep up the awesome work and post lots of pic's because we love what we see.

What we see in our own work is not what others see. Case in point. When I look at the pic of of you're helm it looks great, There are a few small rough spots that you can barely make out, but over all it is great work. As for those few rough spots once you add BLACK-wash and just a little silver chipping/rub marks, it will look awesome.

Don't believe me, I'm sure that everyone whom has finished this style helm has said the same thing in there builds. But when you look at the pic's what do you see?

Keep up the awesome work and post lots of pic's because we love what we see.

you're right, thanks thorn! I plan on adding the silver/chipping marks soon, but I dont think I am goingto do the black wash only because on yellow it might look a little odd with the black detailing. I'll make sure to upload more pics too

Good call with the yellow! Great job so far on everything, I think the black lines are a bit too much at the moment. Maybe weather them a little or feather them, just my thoughts on that. Looking forward to more!

Helmet looks alot better then my first nasty bondo helmet!! Yours is wearable!! :) Great job!! Keep up the hard work!! Your almost finish believe it or not.. the pepping is the worst to me.. Bondo and resin is somewhat fun!

I just finished pepping out pink ranger helmet- about to resin it tomorrow :) Fun times fun times!!

Awesome work my friend!, your making me want to take another crack at the MK build lol. My first build i ended up looking like a big hispanic ninja turtle lol

Just wanted to say, it looks great and is coming along nicely. I'm new to this so I'm just exploring and giving what feed back I can. Again, great job!

Hey all, heres a mini update on what I have done:

These are my handplates, they turned out "eh," mainly because I didnt think that I needed to put bondo on them, but then turns out I really should have! Anyway, I dont really mind that they arent perfect since they are just the handplates afterall.

Picture1-2.png

and here is an updated progress spartan pic of how far my build is-

Picture11-1.png

Good call with the yellow! Great job so far on everything, I think the black lines are a bit too much at the moment. Maybe weather them a little or feather them, just my thoughts on that. Looking forward to more!

thankyou, and I personally like the black lines! I've seen other yellow spartans that look kind of goofy with normal weathering (black smudged areas in crevaces, etc) I'm kind of doing the yellow / black as a less realistic, fun paint-job. I plan on trying out a more serious red paint-job at some point when I get tired of the yellow.

Helmet looks alot better then my first nasty bondo helmet!! Yours is wearable!! :) Great job!! Keep up the hard work!! Your almost finish believe it or not.. the pepping is the worst to me.. Bondo and resin is somewhat fun!

I just finished pepping out pink ranger helmet- about to resin it tomorrow :) Fun times fun times!!

haha yes it is wearable, although very uncomfortable until I glue some padding in there and a visor. Pink ranger helmet? niiiiice.

wow the helmet looks really good =D great job
thankyou road kill! Hows your own build coming along?

Awesome work my friend!, your making me want to take another crack at the MK build lol. My first build i ended up looking like a big hispanic ninja turtle lol

Thankyou Knowledgeb, and lol @ the hispanic ninja turtle bit. If you arent happy with your first build you should try out a new and improved one like you said!

Just wanted to say, it looks great and is coming along nicely. I'm new to this so I'm just exploring and giving what feed back I can. Again, great job!

Thankyou headscribe and welcome to the 405th. Are you from Vermont too? If you are, then I think you are the only other person on the forum who is hahaha.

Your work is continuously pleasing in its awesome'ness! I'll say your not alone with the handplate deal. I made an HD handplate but decided to quit it after my attempt at fixing its symmetry. I'll be making that one again for sure. Great work and I wish you luck...

Heya, random question here but does anyone know what dremel attachment I would use to make clean cuts on my build?? People keep telling me you can use a dremel to make cuts but I'm not seeing it!!
Here is a picture of (most) of the attachments my dremel came with:
Dremel_395.jpg

The cutting discs that are on the far right of that pic should be what you're looking for. ^_^

I'm absolutely diggin this project. It's looking totally BA so far! Really can't wait to see this thing done. Keep up the fantastic work!

Rex out.

The cutting discs that are on the far right of that pic should be what you're looking for. ^_^

I'm absolutely diggin this project. It's looking totally BA so far! Really can't wait to see this thing done. Keep up the fantastic work!

Rex out.

ohhh so THATS what those disks are for, thankyou! Do you have any idea how you attach them to the dremel though? I was playing around with it a little while ago trying to figure it out and couldnt >_< And thankyou!! I can't wait to finish it ( :

If they're like the one I've got, there should be an attachment that is a shaft with a screw and washer at the top (might be the one just to the left of those discs, but missing a washer.. not sure if it NEEDS the washer though), unscrew it, put the disc on there, and put the washer and screw back on tight, it's similar to how the cylindrical sanders on the far left work... at least... that's how mine worked, I could be wrong.

Edit: http://api.ning.com/files/6On1xtgsU...ba-VVNA7vLkCSJT99jtgG95vmp4/DremelSecrets.JPG

ohhh so THATS what those disks are for, thankyou! Do you have any idea how you attach them to the dremel though? I was playing around with it a little while ago trying to figure it out and couldnt >_< And thankyou!! I can't wait to finish it ( :

Lol i hate to see what you do if your sink leaks lol :p great build btw I skimmed like every 3 pages to look at pictures and I'm impressed. Almost want to take a day off of work to work on mine all day tomorrow!

Make sure you wear safety glasses when you use the cutting disks, then tend to break easy if your not careful and they love to hit you in the face, I have experiance with these things flying in the air ;)

The shaft thing Katsu was talking about should be the one justs to the left of the cutting discs in that picture. Mine didnt come with a washer, just the shaft with the screw on the end. And Hyperballistik is absolutely right. Eye protection is an absolute must with the cutting discs!!! They hurt like hell and could prolly take an eye out. I've had one shatter on me and draw blood, so be careful.

I have a scar right between my eyes from a piece of flying debris. An inch either way and I would have probably suffered serious eye damage. I was stupid and lucky, now I wear proper eye protection instead of just sunglasses. Please be careful because I really want to see this build finished :)

Good luck and have fun!

If they're like the one I've got, there should be an attachment that is a shaft with a screw and washer at the top (might be the one just to the left of those discs, but missing a washer.. not sure if it NEEDS the washer though), unscrew it, put the disc on there, and put the washer and screw back on tight, it's similar to how the cylindrical sanders on the far left work... at least... that's how mine worked, I could be wrong.

Edit: http://api.ning.com/files/6On1xtgsU...ba-VVNA7vLkCSJT99jtgG95vmp4/DremelSecrets.JPG

I've been wondering what the piece was for when I got my Dremel! Thank you very much!

ahhh! Yeah I saw that, I think I should be able to put it on now, thanks for the clarification!

Lol i hate to see what you do if your sink leaks lol :p great build btw I skimmed like every 3 pages to look at pictures and I'm impressed. Almost want to take a day off of work to work on mine all day tomorrow!

thankyou for the support! I'll make sure to check out your build as you progress on it

Make sure you wear safety glasses when you use the cutting disks, then tend to break easy if your not careful and they love to hit you in the face, I have experiance with these things flying in the air ;)

I had no idea! Thankyou for telling me, I will definitely make sure to!

The shaft thing Katsu was talking about should be the one justs to the left of the cutting discs in that picture. Mine didnt come with a washer, just the shaft with the screw on the end. And Hyperballistik is absolutely right. Eye protection is an absolute must with the cutting discs!!! They hurt like hell and could prolly take an eye out. I've had one shatter on me and draw blood, so be careful.

Yeah I didnt see a washer with mine either, so I'll just attach it with the screw. And jees! These things sound dangerous, I'm like..a little afraid to use it now!

I have a scar right between my eyes from a piece of flying debris. An inch either way and I would have probably suffered serious eye damage. I was stupid and lucky, now I wear proper eye protection instead of just sunglasses. Please be careful because I really want to see this build finished :)

Good luck and have fun!

WOW JEES!! O god these things are sounding more and more dangerous! I was planning on wearing normal sunglasses but now I'm goingto hunt down some real eye protection. Thankyou so much for the warnings!

I've been wondering what the piece was for when I got my Dremel! Thank you very much!

haha yeah I had no idea what they were for either xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back