My Mk. V Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotspur93

So I started my armor back in about July but ran into some problems that came with moving so i had to scrap my armor and now im starting over. I hadnt gotten to far so it was ok, but now im going to be posting pics and updates so that i can get some tips and pointers on how to get this armor to come out great and hopefully go into the showcase.

So im still a noob to this forum and i am having trouble posting pics of my armor. Im not sure why i am having this problem but if anyone could help that would be great

So im still a noob to this forum and i am having trouble posting pics of my armor. Im not sure why i am having this problem but if anyone could help that would be great

Upload them to Photobucket, copy the img-tags thee and paste them here.

alright so here is the right bicep and forearm, and as i said before they seem too short on me so i just wanna get some input from you guys so i can figure out if i need to scale up or not
Photo01122.jpg

yeah im about 6' and most of the posts i read said that i should scale up a lil so i scaled it for 6'1 and this is how it came out :/

I've gone through some of the scaling threads, but any suggestions or suggested readings for a fellow noob? I think you've been doing this longer than I though ;)

Hhhmmmmm looks pretty dang small to me. I used this pic for reference. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ges/thumb/5/59/MKV_PDOREF.jpg/600px-basically, look at how the part fits on the chief then measure your body part and how the piece would fit on you and use that number in pepakura. The forearm should be measured from the wrist bone to about your elbow and use that number as your height (in mm of course.) Check out my build thread. I just finished a mark 5. I put some ideas in there that I used during my build. Let me know if you have questions or want some pointers

EDIT: just realized you already asked me about my armor project lol!! Let me know if you have questions on anything you need help on. I'm MORE THAN happy to help ya out man!!

alright so here is my second attempts at scaling my right bicep and forearm. Any comments? and yes i know I'm skinny as a rail so this is that much harder to scale xD

Photo0115.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0114.jpg
[/IMG]

Might trim a little out of the inner arm area, that might end up being a hindrance when you finish it... Other than that, nice pep work.

well i figure once i pad it up it should be fine and more out of my way. I had it like that in the photo because i was trying to hold it in place xD

alright so i just got done scaling and peping my chest piece and guess what....id need triple D boobs to fill it in xD anyway i guess trying to scale the chest piece like i did the arm pieces is not the best idea. If anyone has some pointers they would like to throw out there it would be much appreciated

Hey the arm pieces look to be pretty good size. No matter what your elbows and knees are gona look scrawny with this armor. I bought some volleyball pads for both knees and elbows (my plastic tactical ones beat up the armor pretty good). For the chest, measure with armpit to armpit. I think I scaled the backpiece first cause you can hang it on your shoulders to se how it fits when its pepped. I then just used the same scale number for the chest so they fit together perfectly. Keep the updates comin dude!!

EDIT: oh! And my bicep pieces had lots of room too like that. I just put a piece of 1" high density foam and then some soft foam over it on the outside interior so it helped space the piece from my body (.......does that senytence even make sense???) :p

I'll keep the updates comin as long as u keep shootin me pointers man! so I'll do what I said tomorow. I'll measure from armpit to armpit and plug that into pep for the scale on the backpiece from there I'll use that to get the chest piece! I'm runnin low on cardstock but I should have the next update either tomorow or the next day regardless!

Hey all sorry it's been so long since I have posted anything. Been really busy with holidays birthdays and alot more. So any way I now have both biceps and forearms done and I'll have pics posted soon! Also i need some advice. When I scale me backpack piece I can't get a few of the larger pieces to fit on the page. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You have two choices:

1. Print the parts on the multiple pages. Then tape or glue the piece(s) back together once you cut it out; or
2. Use Pepakura's "Join/Disjoin" faces function to spit the part(s) into smaller pieces (available in the 2D Menu - edit mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back