Props Needler.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
A while back I posted about turning a super soaker into a needler. Here are some progress pics.

The Super Soaker...
5mefye.jpg

After make all cuts and cropping...
30syfte.jpg

Adding 2nd coat of bondo to the front...
2053yf8.jpg

2nd coat added...
2czq0p5.jpg

Starting work on bottom back....
1177ksk.jpg

Bondo added to the back...
20t2el4.jpg

This will go in middle front. I made it of clay and will cast it.
2ugkpba.jpg

I will shape this when it dries and make a mold for crystals.
ojmeis.jpg

updated images with front and bottom back sanded and primered.
2vw9uvs.jpg

2vn0tfn.jpg

UPDATE 1:
Here are some videos, one will actually explain a lil on what I did so far and the other is a candid my wife got, I love her..lol.

I will update images and add some video.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm It's looking good so far, but it looks like it'll be a pain to do. But keep up the good work!

Don't give them to the grunts / Needler noobs! ( lol. ) :lol: By the way which needler are you making, Halo CE, Halo 2, or the Halo 3 version.

Looking good, 5/5 Stars. *****

Hey tremendous job! At first I was a little sceptical that it could be turned into a needler, But great job! The project is really looking like a needler. (y)

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I will be doing more work tonight. I'll be doing the back top portion and maybe doing another video. I have to wait for my silicone to come in to do the crystals and the front middle portion. A far as which type I'm doing...I don't know...lol. didn't look at the differences. I just started working..lol

Ithica

my cousin had a bunch of these guns and i remember thinking they looked like needlers. he also had a few hat looked like carbines. i wonder if the company did that on purpose. but anyway it looks cool so far. what exactly are you going to use for the crystals?

I was going to use pep but then I might have an issue scaling so I'm doing it from scratch. I sculpted the crystal with clay and I am moulding it and then using clear plastic when I cast it. Well I'm back off to work a lil.

Ithica

Here is an updated image of how it looks so far. I am still waiting on my latex so I can cast a mold for the front middle and the needles but that should be here any day now. Morfe to follow.

2lnfxnb.jpg

Ithica

DON'T DO ANYMORE WORK ON THE TOP YET!!!!!

You've got to round the back off first...

lol.

Ithica said:
Here is an updated image of how it looks so far. I am still waiting on my latex so I can cast a mold for the front middle and the needles but that should be here any day now. Morfe to follow.

2lnfxnb.jpg

needler.jpg

Ithica

This is looking really nice not bad at all. One word: Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back