Nerf Assault Rifle/bolt-Snub Pistol/maybe Smg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any pics because my cell phone kinda died on me, so you'll just have to take my word on a couple of things and ill prove it later. ;) Currently, the entire rifle is built, and if i may say so, much neater than before. The Ammo counter LED kinda died so i rewired the four greens to the low ohm resistor source and just left the other one fer dead. Modifications in the NERF MA5D MkII include:

• Clip storage in the stock
  • Overall neatness and durability
  • slot in "Grip" for maglite
  • LED decoration
  • Red dot light is functional and useful for aiming
  • Improved Air restrictor mod to reduce noise and the plastic cracking impact that would lead to my gun's death

Roadwarrior said:
Erm, Halo:CE is 60.

Yeah, I think he was assuming it was a partial mag... but its my own silly number lol.

gingersnapples said:
oh, nice job. did you internally modify the "MA5D"?

Lol. and yes, I did, but i added foam inside the "plunger" to dampen impact and reduce noise.

ALSO: to those modding nerf guns, its not that hard. just make sure you understand sub-basic air flow principles and you should be fine. By that I mean If you are building full scale MJOLNIR, Marine, ODST, etc. you should have the technical skills necessary to mod a nerf gun.

Also, Zombie atttack. :unsure

clicky Clicky2

EDIT: Pics that were supposed to be here are now um...here.

Front section:

1204091648.jpg

Painted (Semi)

1207091635a.jpg

inside pepakura module

1128091322.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics or it didn't happen.

Nah, I'm kidding. I anticipate the finished product will look really nice. You've actually motivated me to turn my longshot into one, it's just a matter of figuring out the connection between the handle and the stock.

This looks really great. I just bought a recon with the intent to modify it to be a H3 SMG but this is giving me second thoughts.

Nice work!

Ok, I got a webcam for christmas, so ill try it out and post a video of my Progress!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3r7nhtAi4c[/media]

Additional pics:

1219091942a-1.jpg

pistol I hope to make an M6C

1228092111.jpg

My Nerf Armory

1229092122.jpg

The two assault rifles~! :lol

I like the rugged look of the assault rifles. It makes it look as if they've seen combat already!

Nice work keep going and make more stuff for us!

I just went out and bought a newer Recon because the one I had already was the one with a bigger plunger thing. Anyway, did you perform any permanent mods to it, such as cutting parts off?

alecgates15 said:
I just went out and bought a newer Recon because the one I had already was the one with a bigger plunger thing. Anyway, did you perform any permanent mods to it, such as cutting parts off?

well I cut off the front of the Barrel attachment (the flip up sight orange part.)

Heres a link to a slighly modified pepakura (NOT; I REPEAT NOT MY WORK, but made easier for this specific project)

http://www.4shared.com/file/194491707/9d884f4f/Assalut_rifle_barrel_letter.html

And detailed plans:

Untitled-1.jpg

i thought it looked a lot like the lancer from gears of war, just add a chainsaw, some details and its very near. plus on the box the top left image looks like the hammer of dawn as well

Sithslayer78 said:
well I cut off the front of the Barrel attachment (the flip up sight orange part.)

Heres a link to a slighly modified pepakura (NOT; I REPEAT NOT MY WORK, but made easier for this specific project)

http://www.4shared.com/file/194491707/9d884f4f/Assalut_rifle_barrel_letter.html

And detailed plans:

Untitled-1.jpg

Oh wow! That's a lot more in-depth than I was expecting. Thanks a lot!

Did you cut of part of the stock to get the clip in? And you said you hot glued in the clip holder? How did you do that?

Sorry if this is getting annoying :unsure

alecgates15 said:
Did you cut of part of the stock to get the clip in? And you said you hot glued in the clip holder? How did you do that?

Sorry if this is getting annoying :unsure

Lol its fine :)

the stock is JUST the back part that is pictured there.( I sawed off the two rods at the base.) The clip holder was...tricky. First, you have to cut off the top so it will line up. By line up, i mean that the hole in the snap on holder actually corresponds to the rod on the stock of the back Just a quick hacksaw-job and some sanding to make stuff smooth and it slides right in! just make sure to line up the holder correctly so it actually holds the clip up...

*Looks over at my Titan*

Hmm...

Well, well, that's a pretty good MA-5 from a Recon. Finally, that little sucker's got some use. (The Recon is easily one of the worst Nerf blasters ever. Of all time.)

More people should spend more time doing Nerf conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back