Props Nerf Reach Assault Rifle PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i was doing some research and couldnt find out what you made the handle on the barrel out of. did you free-form it out of wood?

What sort of...idea :D

well i was thinking i could print my pattern out on some sort of plastic and have the whole thing back lit so it would glow.

hey, i was doing some research and couldnt find out what you made the handle on the barrel out of. did you free-form it out of wood?

By which part did you mean handle ? the fore grip was a piece of cut PVC with some styrene sheeting applied, that was then held onto the gun by a piece of cut MDF which is like wood yes. That part was actually traced straight from the Pep version of the assault rifle.

By the way guys if you like this build check out my Helmet thread in my sig i have completed pics up on the first page !

Dude, that's pretty awesome. i have the that nerf gun as well and i was lookin at ur pics and tryin to see what you did so i can make the assualt rifle too.

that is an amazing weaon and you say you added modifications using only styrene or something else?

the bulk of the additions were MDF which is Medium-density fiberboard, and then smaller details were added with plain white styrene sheet you can see the color differences in the pics, also some pvc of various sized was used for cylindrical parts of the gun. Thanks everyone for the great comments !

I looked, looked, looked and then picked my jaw off the floor. It's an amazing piece of work. The fact that it still fires is pretty awesome too. Could be very useful at Cons!

This is a great idea Skylow! I was thinking about doing the same thing for an SA80 spring Airsoft Rifle which is a bullpup design just like the Reach AR Rifle. Thanks for sharing this idea, it was very inspiring!

btn_spring-sa80-rifle-fps-360-electronic-sight-flashlight-airsoft-gun.jpg

Impressive job. Just be cautious toting that thing around, since it does't have a blaze orange tip to indicate it's not a real weapon.

nerf gun model

im not sure if the recon cs-6 was discont'd in your area but you can buy these guns anywhere in canada (its probably cheaper to ;) )

What did you use for the barrel?
All i used was PVC pipe i just shaped it with a Dremel

holy crap i have that Nerf gun do you still have the files for the pieces so i can make one :D?
Actually the files i used were created by another member here and you can find them in the halo reach pep section here, just scale it up 10% to fit the recon

I hope i've been able to reply to everyone, i'm currently working on a Dead Space plasma cutter, among other things, that will be finished soon made from a Nerf recon as well

im not sure if the recon cs-6 was discont'd in your area but you can buy these guns anywhere in canada (its probably cheaper to ;) )

I actually picked up one today at Toys R Us for $20.00......... Looks like I have a use for the scrap MDF and plastic I have sitting around.

I know what my next project is..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back