JangoFett140

Members Attending
Myself-Attending
Loess-Attending
Nintendude-Attending
Rhinoc-Maybe Attending
spartan-847-david-Attending
spartan-114-max-Attending

Contagion asked me to start a thread on this since he doesn't have the ability to start topics out of the noob forum yet. They launching a new Con,>> Contagion <<, June 10-12 2011. They would like as many of us to come help kick it off as much as possible. He is a member of the 501st, so I like to see us match their numbers at the con.

They're offering a limited number of free fan tables to the various clubs in the area and he figured the 405th would be interested. There is a catch, however. The clubs that get the free tables have to do one (1) hour long panel or two (2) 30 minute panels at the convention. We could easily organize a few panels. Loess and I did one last year so if we had a bit more help and planning it should be a piece of cake.

I'll let him post the rest of the details.

I'm planning on going. I think we could put on a pretty good panel now that we've had some experience. Do you know if they have any events planned this summer? I didn't find any listed on their site.

Thanks for starting the post. Newbie rules suck, but they have a purpose. Contagion: Outbreak is scheduled for June 10th-12th, 2011 at the Omaha/LaVista Conference Center. We have full run of the facility and the two attached hotels, so it's gonna be an awesome time! We are working on events for this summer, but you're gonna have to wait for the announcements. Don't worry, though, we'll give you plenty of notice. One of our main goals for the convention is to make sure that everyone gets something out of it. One of the ways we want to accomplish this is by making our panels more dynamic. We want panels where attendees get to participate and get their hands dirty, so to speak, rather than just sitting in a chair listening to someone drone on for an hour (don't worry, we'll have those panels, too). As was mentioned previously, we are offering free fan tables to fan clubs who want them. Just visit the website and send us a message. It's that simple. It sounds like we're gonna be hearing a lot fromt he 405th, so the panel requirement isn't really an issue. We put that in there so that fanclubs and groups like the 405th would be guaranteed an opportunity to spread the word about their groups. What's the point of a free fan table if you can't talk about your club, right? We're also looking for a Master Chief. We need a little help with the opening ceremonies and would like at least 1 Spartan (as stated, preferably Master Chief but we're open to options) to help out. Just send me a message on these forums and I'll fill you in. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. We're looking forward to showing Nebraska what they're missing!

I'm glad to see there's interest in our convention. We're gonna be making some announcements soon and will be continuing new announcements throughout the coming months. There are still fan tables available. We'd love to have the 405th represented at Contagion: Outbreak. You can register at www.ContagionOutbreak.com!

this is great...i am in kansas city ony about three hours from omaha...since i cant go to SDCC this year...maybe i will up there next year before the big SDCC trip next year

Contagion: Outbreak has opened up pre-registration for 3-day passes! A three-day pass is only $25! Group and family rates, as well as single day passes will be opened up in the near future! All tickets are upgradeable, so if you decide later on you want a VIP pass, no problem!

Visit www.ContagionOutbreak.com to pre-register!

Also, we're still scouting for a Master Chief for the opening ceremonies, and have a free fan table available to the 405th if you want it. Let me know!

Kool I might be able to make it!! I hope...

By that time I hope to have an entire Noble team collected so... if you want them for your ceremony I could arrange something!

Registration is already going great! To thank you for your support we're offering an exclusive Contagion: Outbreak t-shirt to the first 300 people who purchase 3-day passes!

Adult 3-day pass: $25
Child 3-day pass: $15

We hope to see you there!

Hello again, members of the 405th!
We've got a few announcements that we wanted to pass along to you!
First of all, we're very excited to announce that we have changed venues from the Omaha/La Vista Conference Center to the Qwest Center Omaha (http://www.qwestcenteromaha.com/def...sn3opt=1&bldgopt=2&month=6&year=2011&newsID=0)! There were several reasons for the change, but to keep it simple we'll leave the primary explanation as logistical issues.
The dates are the same! June 10th-12th, 2011 at Qwest Center Omaha. For out of town visitors (and in-town residents who want a vacation from the house) we're negotiating with several downtown hotels to get the best room rates available, starting with the Hilton Omaha which is connected by skywalk to the Qwest Center Omaha!
We've announced a few guests on our website already! I'd like to recap a little here for you.
Mark Ryan - The voice of BumbleBee and JetFire in the Transformers movies and rumored to be returning for Transfomers: The Dark of the Moon (2011). He has appeared in The Prestige, Alias, JAG, Charlie's Angels, Frasier, Evita, First Knight, and many other films and TV shows. He has done voice work for the Transfomers Video Games, and is the creator of the graphic novel "The Pilgrim".
press_release_distribution_0081695_9279.jpg

For Star Wars fans we're also pleased to announce that we've signed the author of Death Troopers and the upcoming Red Harvest, Joe Schreiber! Joe Schreiber was born in Michigan but spent his formative years in Alaska, Wyoming, and northern California. Until recently, he had never lived at the same address for longer than a year. Becoming a parent forced him to consider a career with more reliable income, and he got a job as an MRI tech in Hershey, Pennsylvania, where he lives with his wife and their two children.
0345509625.01._SL230_SCLZZZZZ_.jpg
medium_0141101_4.jpg

SWRedHarvest.jpg

We're also proud to announce Comic Book Writer Gary Friedrich! Best known for his Silver Age stories for Marvel Comics' "Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos", and for the following era's "Monster of Frankenstein" series and co-creator of the supernatural motorcyclist "Ghost Rider".
669px-4.20.08GaryFriedrichByLuigiNovi.JPG

220px-GhostRider_western_1.jpg

We're also very proud to announce Comic Book Artist, Writer, and Penciler Phil Hester to our list of attendees! This Eisner Award-nominated artist was born in eastern Iowa, where he went on to study at the University of Iowa. His pencilling credits include Swamp Thing, Brave New World, Flinch, Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, Clerks: The Lost Scene, The Crow: Waking Nightmares, The Wretch (nominated for the 1997 Eisner Award for Best New Series), Aliens: Purge, and Green Arrow.Since graduating from the University of Iowa, he has been in the comics industry for over 15 years. During his run on Green Arrow, he created the characters Mia Dearden and Onomatopoeia with writer Kevin Smith as well as Constantine Drakon with writer Judd Winick. Hester co-created Uncle Slam and Firedog with his Green Arrow collaborator, artist Ande Parks. He also created El Diablo, a new character (with a common name in DC Comics) who debuted in an eponymous limited series. His last comic 13 Steps will adapted in a Comedy Horror film. Hester is currently writing the new adventures of Golden Age hero 'The Black Terror' for Dynamite Entertainment, taking plot cues from Alex Ross, the series follows the stories set out by Ross et al. in the Project Superpowers Universe.
230px-Phil_Hester_front_Jason_Henderson_bkg.jpg

nightwing113.jpg

green+arrow+1.jpg

We are also pleased to announce Rudy Garcia as a guest! Rudy Garcia has been in the toy industry for over 10 years, creating action figures and statues of some of the most memorable pop culture icons ever imagined. From Freddy Krueger to Wolverine, the list goes on. He is also the creator of the "Evolution Cop" comic series.
wolverine-zombies-s.jpg

spidybust.gif

DC21376lg.jpg

Along with these great guests we are also very honored to announce an up and coming actress who has a history of being undead! Sonya Thompson will be appearing in The Walking Dead TV Series debuting on AMC this Halloween! She has appeared as a zombie in ZombieLand and can be seen in Ben 10: Alien Swarm.
SonyaThompson-150x150.jpg

Zombie-1-350.jpg

Along with these guest we also have:
Cynthia Martin (Marvel Star Wars, 501st Legion Honorary Member)
David P. Murphy (Author, Zombies for Zombies: Advice and Etiquette for the Living Dead and the sequel Zombies for Zombies -- The Play & Werk Buk)
Marcus Pelegrimas (Author, The Skinners Series)
Chloe Neill (Author, Chicagoland Vampires Series)
Greg M. Hall (Author, Traffic Control and Outer Reaches)
Fredd Gorham (Artist, host of the Artist' Jam at Contagion: Outbreak)
We have over 100 artist tables available ($35 - includes 1 free pass) and over 60 vendor booths!
We are planning so much more, so stay tuned to www.ContagionOutbreak.com for updates!

We have also just announced another major guest at www.ContagionOutbreak.com, so if you're also a fan of Serenity and Firefly or Stargate: Atlantis, check it out!

We were very excited about getting Joe Schreiber, too! We hope you'll be able to attend and look forward to seeing the proud members of the 405th at Contagion: Outbreak!

We've added some updates to the website. Tickets are now available via TicketMaster! Check out the website for details! For anyone interested, we are having a public meeting tomorrow, Friday, December 10th at Borders and 72nd and Dodge in Omaha, NE.

We've had some recent changes to the line-up that I'd like to announce. First of all, we'd like to announce our headliner!

Jewel Staite - joined the cast of the Sci-Fi hit Stargate:Atlantis as ‘Dr. Keller’, in addition to shooting the lead role in the feature The Tribe, which depicts the story of five young adults shipwrecked on a deserted island off the coast of Latin America where they encounter a lost tribe of savages. She will play ‘Liz,’ one of the young adults who is very vulnerable to her surroundings. The thriller is being directed by first timer Jorg Ihle, and produced by Mo Ramchandani with Jo Bamford executive producing. The picture shot in Costa Rica by Avatar Entertainment Group and was recently acquired by AfterDark Films for distribution through Lions Gate Films.
Jewel made her 2005 feature film debut in Universal Pictures Serenity, Joss Whedon’s adaptation of the FOX science fiction television series “Firefly,” of which Jewel was a series regular. Jewel plays the ship’s mechanic ‘Kaylee’, a sweet, happy and sensual farm girl who loves life and is a genius at fixing anything.
At twenty-five years old, she is a Gemini “Best Actor” nominee (Canada’s prestigious equivalent of our Emmy) for her role in the Disney Channel’s “Flash Forward” with Ben Foster (also earned her a nomination for the Canadian Television Film and Showcase Award). Jewel made her second home at the Vancouver Youth Theatre where she trained several days a week for several years, eventually leading her to numerous large television roles including starring opposite James Brolin and Natasha Henstridge in Lifetime’s Widow on the Hill and her memorable role in the Showtime pilot “Huff “ with Hank Azaria, Blythe Danner and Oliver Platt. Additionally, Jewel has several TV series under her belt including Fox Family’s “Higher Ground” with Hayden Christensen, a recurring role on the highly praised FOX series “Wonderfalls,” NBC’s “Just Deal” and Nickelodeon’s “Space Cases.” She had guest appearances on Showtime’s “Dead Like Me” opposite Ellen Muth and Rebecca Gayheart, UPN’s “Seven Day’s” with Jonathan LaPaglia, FOX’s “The X-Files” opposite David Duchovny and CBC’s “The Odyssey” and “Davinci’s Inquest” as well as Disney’s “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” with Peter Scolari and Hillary Tuck. Jewel currently resides in Vancouver, BC.
JewelHS.png

We're also sad to announce that Phil Hester has had to cancel due to a previously unforseen family commitment. However, we hope to be officially announcing Larry Hama (of G.I. Joe fame) soon!

Sweet! I've been planning on going to Contagion for a while, but Jewel Staite... Guaranteed attendance.

I'll have to get my Firefly box set autographed.;)

We figured that Jewel would be a draw! Hopefully, with the release of Tron: Legacy this coming week we'll be able to make another announcement that'll wet some appetites!

Well, we've arranged to have a Tron: Legacy Light Cycle at Contagion: Outbreak! For those of you in the 405th in the Omaha area, we will be holding our next public meeting Friday, January 14th at Borders at 72nd & Dodge St! We also have a few guest announcements that will be coming soon!

Visit www.ContagionOutbreak.com for updates, and get your tickets now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back