New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
DogWizard said:
I know that the color schemes are still being adjusted but it would really be helpful if the background color of the "quoted text" box could be adjusted sooner rather than later. It's kinda odd to respond and include a quote when the text can't be read... Thanks! :lol:]

*EDIT* Also - is there any way to enable a full "Edit Post" control panel with smilies and such?

You can't see it, but the second button that has no text is actually the Use Full Editor option. Just click that and you'll have the same options as the regular posting box.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new features are starting to grow on me. There are just two things I would suggest.

1. The yellow bar that separates things like Armor,general, and 405th. Add one under the stickies that kinda says "End of Stickies" Kinda makes scrolling faster so you can just glance and know your at the end of the topics you've already read through (You BETTER have read them) and wont go anywhere.

2. Make the topics themselves smaller. The bigger layout requires alot more scrolling.

Just my $.02

Here's my 2 cents, I just want to confirm that the navigation problems I'm having aren't just user error.

In the 'View New Content' area, where are the links to the most recent posts in the thread listings? Do I have to pull up the threads individually and skip to the last page to see each new post? Eeep!

Also, it's useful to have the OP's name on that list, rather than the sub-forum name.. can that be changed?

Anyone else having trouble reading the page number buttons? The orange on white is super hard to read on my monitor. I'm sure it's going to be adjusted.

Is it me, or are load times a little glitchy? When I click into 'New Content' for instance it seems to take like 30 seconds longer to pull up the page.

Looks like the maximum size of Avatar photos is larger... or is it just me?

That's all. Thanks.

Caen it's all the old YouTube code that is failing to load page. I'm sure Adam has been working out tons of bugs but this is a big hit on the 405th today with the sudden change and no beta check before the intergration to this new system was made. So we have a new forum system things will be buggered up for a while because Adam didn't try the board system on a test site first before he ported in the new system. We all know and love the old system because it worked... Well this will to after all the bugs and other issues regarding the template/skin and pm sections are resolved.

Ok... Sorry about what I was saying before. That was before I realized I still needed to complete Operation: Prometheus Before I go ;)

So, thank for posting that Fluffy.

I hope everything works out with getting the bugs out, Adam!

no problem carn. also sean im getting load times that start at 30sec-1min sometimes. other times the page is in a constant state of loading and will not load anything but white. my guess is a database cleanup or matenance is needed to clear some of the old fromatting out before anything new can work more smoothly.. experience tells me that. anything updated with lots of posts will have an issue when updated because old stuff doesnt agree with the new.

and i just now found the smilies icon :lol: so yea things are really messed.

if no one else hasnt seen the new feature when you post the bottom right corner of the post bo is two icons.. its expands and shrinks your typeing space so you can read it all rather than scroll through your post.

For those wishing for an easier way to reach all the newer content for the day, there is a link on the forum index page above the list of active users at the bottom of the page. It's labeled Today's Active Content. I find it works a bit better for my needs than the View New Content link.

Just a little FYI.

well, as far as features go, I really like it everything is laid out nice and navigating the profile's features is more or less a breeze (with a few minutes of clicking around), my only complaints are about the aesthetics of the whole thing. I can bet that there's already enough people ranting about that in this forum, so I won't add to it. But I do hope that they are only temporary and will be changed soon to reflect the awesomeness of the 405th.

I will say, it was scary coming from a kick-ass homepage to a bland forums page, especially compared to the forum design we had a week ago.

Good job to everyone that contributed to the home and forum management!

OrrionCarn said:
Nope, I logged in and out and it still does that. I turned my browser's Protected mode off to see if that would work, I'm gonna try something else, and I'll edit this post with the results.

EDIT: ... Shoot. Nothing.

Well, I can't be here then. If I can't even look stuff up, then what's the meaning of me being here? It won't even let me look at the thread, and now it's happening with everything that has a picture/video in it. The only reason I can read this is because no one has posted a picture in it.

{Attachments and Signatures don't count for some reason}

(Don't take that as a reason to change it back, I'm only one member)

Bye

get firefox. its 10 times better the explorer and ive never had a problem with it. and in firefox you can delete all traces of where youve been on the internet in 5 sec.

JangoFett140 said:
get firefox. its 10 times better the explorer and ive never had a problem with it. and in firefox you can delete all traces of where youve been on the internet in 5 sec.

And why, dare I ask, would you want to do that, hm? ;)

Most people use Internet Explorer regardless of what they know about Firefox or Chrome or any other web browser. I recommend anyone who prefers IE to upgrade to IE 8, since it seems to load IPB 3 pages much faster.

EDIT: The reason pictures and videos and quotes are messed up is because the code got effed in the switch. Might have been better to make sure they'd all be working before making the jump, correct?

The chatroom isn't working now. It kicked me out and now says something about the license. SO yeah.

Other than I agree I would like to see the thread authors and I know you're fixing layout issues so that is all.

chatroom has 6 people. currently includeing myself. some people set themselfs away and after 15-20 mins non active on chat should be disconnected. this is not the case here though so we have 3 people doing nothing and set to away.

It is still a tad too bright. I also miss the old homepage with the Portal and stuff. And now when you search members (at least yesterday) you can't search by gender.

And I can no longer find my gallery.

the reply thing just isnt right it should be like it was so you can see all of the replys at once and when you type in something like recon you get alot of replys to the same links that you just looked at.

Has anyone else noticed the HUGE chunk that has been taken out of the 405th?

The onsite blogs are gone! :cry:

But I love the new board layout :lol

It's probably just me... I'm a wee bit anal about things... but is there no longer a "Message Tracker" function?

So far so good, though... I like the changes... makes researching old threads interesting... like a treasure hunt.

Das Brutus said:
It's probably just me... I'm a wee bit anal about things... but is there no longer a "Message Tracker" function?

I was wondering the same thing. That was a nice feature.

For me, it is hard to see the different options when you click your user name. It would be easier to see if the different options (My Profile, My Settings...) were a different color that would stand out something like white or red. The blue blends into the grey. This is also the same for the page numbers. It might just be me.

Das Brutus said:

There is sort of a messenger tracker built in to the new PM, or "Conversation", system. I noticed this just yesterday after I received a message from someone. It starts a sort of IM-like dialog with the person now instead of trading single messages back and forth like emails. Along the left side are some options to add other people to the conversation, ways to organize folders of past messages, even a way to search through your messages. Anyway, at the very top of that column is the list of participants. This list shows a timestamp of when the other people last read that conversation including yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back