New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the new layout...

The only problems I have is a lot of contrast color between some text and background:

- in the roll down menu to get to your profile, setting, etc... you can't see a thing unless you mouse over it

- in the profile same problem with the "sen PM, add as friends" part of peoples profile.

- dark blue on dark gray is not a good contrast... and light gray on white (like for the font selection when you reply is kind of bad...

all else seems good... keep it up

uhh hey adam why do we have gallery images on the main forums.. its kinda anoying from my point of view. and ive never seen it on any other forum... why add it now?

as you can see, the gallery isn't working yet. Don't assume that because something is there now, that it will be permanent. Also, blogs will be back. Takes time my friends... and believe it or not, money too.

Any change that we can get back our registation number? Because believe it or not, i was kinda proud of my number....

Actually, I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option to change back to the old layout of the forum. I meen, the same basic set up of the old forum, but with the new added features from this forum. Bring back the "New Posts" catagory on the top bar of the page that now only has "Forums", "Members", "Chat", "Calendar", and "Gallery". Also, the "View New Content" button, I believe it only takes you to new threads, not new postes.

Thanks Adam and everybody else who is in on making the new look of the forum. I just hope that the content mentioned above will happen in the near future.

Thanks alot guys and galls, your work is greatly smiled apon by me, and more than 99.9% of the members here.

CHEERS!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Actually, I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option to change back to the old layout of the forum. I meen, the same basic set up of the old forum, but with the new added features from this forum. Bring back the "New Posts" catagory on the top bar of the page that now only has "Forums", "Members", "Chat", "Calendar", and "Gallery". Also, the "View New Content" button, I believe it only takes you to new threads, not new postes.

Thanks Adam and everybody else who is in on making the new look of the forum. I just hope that the content mentioned above will happen in the near future.

Thanks alot guys and galls, your work is greatly smiled apon by me, and more than 99.9% of the members here.

CHEERS!

Yeah it looks cool. but i wana have the option to change back to the old style.. and they should put the "New Posts" button back. it was my best friend...

Last edited by a moderator:
probably a minor bug. cant view gallery link. not enough permissions. might be in member settings i cant really tell who is posting pictures but on my end it gives me the error

"An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#107187] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. "

yea i dunno about that. also i agree with falcon.. i liked heving my member number present beside my name... dunno might show that youve been longer... kinda like he is member 2000 he's been here a long time he's gotta know something compared to the member 14000. but eh i dont mind it gone much. but just curious didnt before the switch have around 14000 members.. did we loose all the ones who never posted?

oh and colors on the preview post button need to be changed. cant read them... its also on a few of the go buttons in the forum areas/categorys... the jump forum things.

another thing looking at profiles... member group, age, joined date,all the info on the member at hand seems to have all the things he or she filled in all smashed togetherin one or two lines! same with their contact info... thats all ive got on bugs today.

Wait, So you're paying to get this changed?

Why?

The money could've gone to something alot more useful than a forum that doesn't even work properly.

I swear you haven't even tested it, This is a beta. Now quotes, Gallery, Recent posts, Everything is screwed up because the layout has been changed.

In my eyes you just paid for a downgrade.

If it's an option the normal layout would be great.

Sure the actual Website is good, It looks great, But trying to make the forums look like it has just gone plain wrong.

It's difficult to get used to aswell as hundreds of bugs.

In short, If you're gonna change something make sure you test it beforehand, This is a beta if my knowledge is correct, So in theory you copied all the old data from the old forums, pasted them here, Expect them to work together, ON a beta.

Seriously what did you expect?

And a gallery on the homepage? Wtf?

Anyway I'll admit it looks good and kind of works, But the colour scheme is awful, It just doesn't seem to be working for me.

-Stig

Cmon guys, stop bitching Adam's work.

Yes he could have installed it in local first or anything.

But still, it's his forums, and its money.

Stop crying and just wait a few days.

And if you're soooo good at making forums, just make your own.

I'm not saying this at anyone in particular, but at everyone who is downgrading Adam's work.

stiq this is final release. only people who have purchased an active ipb licence can view it. all the demo's on ipb's site is version 3 final. this is version 3 final. the announcement isnt being made till next week. and then 2 weeks later they will be announceing a new portal system much like subdreamer and joomla. yes i have been talking with staff from ipb about the new stuff and this is a confirmed paid and final copy. gallery is also paid product and so is chat and the blog systems. everything on ipb is a paid system. was before and now it is again.

again we all know he didnt test it and just dropped it on the community without warning or announcement. please be paishent... yes i cant spell... in other words wait till its all fixed.. if you encounter any bugs report them here if they already havent been mentioned. otherwise we all have to suck it up and get over the fact that the 405th forums hit puberty and we have no idea what it is exactly going on... huh kinda like being a teenager instead of a child... so yea. we also all know about the issues with colors... its bad but till adam can get the system back to what it was theres nothing we can do...

adam heres a hint. if you have the old system install it in another folder on the site fresh and clean... install the old template and then try crossing over the old template colors and such slowly to this neww system.

remember everyone if it works dont break it. if its new test it first.

There's a trouble ticket about the gallery and the blogs, I'm working on it.

alrighty were getting somewhere and fast im hopeing. tickets take 24-72 hours to get answered.. dunno what else really. good job adam! if i see anything else ill point it out.

[insert generic complaint about new things being bad]

Some of the links have strange names, but otherwise things seem mostly ok.

I can't wait to see the new template, the current color scheme is difficult to read sometimes.

The View New Content aka View New Posts link goes all the way back to the beginning for me.... 600+ pages. Will probably fix itself eventually.

AWESOME! ok another bug down. ok well profiles thing i mentioned earlyer is still theire... and i found another. im not sure if its realy a bug. try searching something with that new search engine at the top click on a topic your search brought up then go back. the site will not alow you to go back to the last page where the original search was done. and you need to search again... and we kinda still need the offsite links new windows thing back.

(Stig, there's no need to be condescending to Adam. He's using his own cash to fund things that you've likely asked for at one time or another. If you don't like something, you should qualify why specifically and also how it could be fixed or improved.)

Oh, and there was something about our 'joined number'. I'm afraid a lot of them were just bogus anyway. There were a good number of spam bots and after the reset, a lot of numbers were reset back down. Besides, it's your join date that makes you super cool ;) Hehehe jk.

---

Please continue to report the bugs, suggest a feature, or provide constructive feedback. Adam's getting things knocked out shopping list style. Patience is appreciated.

</h4>Are PMs disabled for the staff group? I get this error when PMing staff, but I can PM other members ok.<h4>

The following errors were found

The member Adam cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

The following errors were found

The member Sean Bradley cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

Seems to be working now.

*stares blankly at the sky*

Thanks! :D

Also, I should add that I'm loving the new 'conversation' messaging system. That is going to be really handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back